Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brazil - Croatia match thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭q2ice

Wish they would have the added time up top

It was on rte

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

abelard wrote: »
    Despite the referee, I still think Brazil were just about worth the win. Having said that they will definitely need to step it up later on!

Yeah, they probably shaded it, though Croatia passed better & had a better shape.

Costly midfield slip ups & their keeper cost them badly though.

Credit to the Croatian fans as well.
    Didn't think they would be there in the numbers they were.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Don think Lucas made the squad?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Original Ronaldo now would do a better job than Fred for Brazil... If I was the manager I'd stick Hulk up front and bring in Lucas or Willian on the wing and send Fred back to the dole office.

It be tough to bring Lucas in seeing as he's not in the squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

I think Brazil will grow into it as the tournament goes on. Doesn't excuse that match though. I really hope this is the last major tournament without video replays for big decisions. There's no argument against it as far as I'm concerned.

[edit] Can't see the facepalming world cup logo that shows up before replays ever getting old. Was in fits of laughter after it came up again and again after Brazil's O.G.

• Advertisement

• Ref let his nerves get to him, Croatia were undone tonight by him, Brazil were lucky. Penalty decision was awful. And the challenge on the keeper was a fair one.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I hope Croatia go further than Brazil, and the Croatian goalkeeper learns how to keep balls out of the net.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Croatia impressed me. Maybe they showed Brazil a bit too much respect tonight. There keeper is awful he must be about 40 now is he. Hes been around an awful long time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

the_monkey wrote: »
    How many people did Sep Blatter MURDER to get this tournament ??

Like all the slaves he is MURDERING in Qatar ??

Jesus man how much money did you lose :pac: Really taking this to heart

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

q2ice wrote: »
    It was on rte

I mean telling us the added minutes as in 4 minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

ITV studio windows has cracks from protesters outside

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Can't see brazil going all the way, looked very poor going forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

I hear you're a racist now Bill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭secman

Ref had a piss poor match

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Barely There

Anyone else watching this on itv?

Studio's been pelted by stones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Croatia very hard done by, hope they can qualify from the group. Great game up to the penalty decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

String wrote: »
    ITV studio windows has cracks from protesters outside

Was their coverage that bad?

:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Jayus Bill

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Ah well, at least we got some drama. Night all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

RobertKK wrote: »
    Was their coverage that bad?

:P

Its fairly poor to be fair, Keane along side Vieira would of been a lot more interesting!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Anyone else watching this on itv?

Studio's been pelted by stones.

They think it's because of the riots about the world cup, I reckon it's protesting against their poor broadcasting!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭RoryMac

RobertKK wrote: »
    Remember referee already had called a foul by Croatia on Julio Cesar, which was a clear chance for Croatia.
    It wasn't a free.

To be fair that kind of challenge on a keeper is given as a foul 9 times out of 10 in every league

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

If Roy was in the ITV studio I'd say he go down and give the police a hand against the lads throwing stones

• Mickeroo wrote: »
    Can't see brazil going all the way, looked very poor going forward.

Neymar had to drop deep, think this will catch them out against better opposition

Fred and hulk are awful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Anyone else watching this on itv? Studio's been pelted by stones.

Is it Roy keane looking for his job back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

It be tough to bring Lucas in seeing as he's not in the squad.

Jees yeah now that I think of it I remember that now the lad was in an awful way over it...that just takes the biscuit. Meh I'm confident Brazil will pay for having such a reliance on players like Neymar and Oscar. If one of them misses a game they're rightly f*cked.

Brilliant by Oscar who fully deserved the goal and I'm delighted for him even if he did wreck my 2-1 bet

Beautiful goal alright, completely caught the keeper with the early foot flick and no leg pull back. Romario was a master of the foot flick, he always dummied keepers because it was so brilliantly disguised.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

OctavarIan wrote: »
    I think Brazil will grow into it as the tournament goes on. Doesn't excuse that match though. I really hope this is the last major tournament without video replays for big decisions. There's no argument against it as far as I've concerned.

If you look at their squad, you'd have to wonder where that growth is going to come from.

Brazil look like a decent collection of players who've never trained together and have no manager. There's so little cohesion or intelligence to their play.

It just seems to be the way a lot of them are made - maybe doing things off the cuff is just too ingrained in their culture. The only player who seems like he can play with any modicum of sense in the front 2 thirds is Oscar.

With his natural flair and, seemingly, footballing wisdom well beyond his years, he's going to be an incredible player when he fully matures.

Is apres match on tonight?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Croatia very hard done by, hope they can qualify from the group. Great game up to the penalty decision.
    Not with that goalkeeper, they won't. Abysmal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

blueser wrote: »

What exactly did he do wrong? Nearly saved a peno, caught numerous balls into the box, neymar scored through a few players right into the corner and he was caught out by a beautiful shot into the bottom corner by oscar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

RoryMac wrote: »
    Is apres match on tonight?

Hope so

This game has done nothing to dispel my concerns, that this is probably the worst Brazilian team I can remember since I became a Brazil fan in 1982.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

That Brazil side is not good enough to win the World Cup.
    Not impressed at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Only ITV or BBC could spend more time on England rather than discussing the match we just seen

• Advertisement

adamski8 wrote: »
    What exactly did he do wrong? Nearly saved a peno, caught numerous balls into the box, neymar scored through a few players right into the corner and he was caught out by a beautiful shot into the bottom corner by oscar

He was poor for both the first and the third goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭vidor

Soups123 wrote: »
    Only ITV or BBC could spend more time on England rather than discussing the match we just seen

Tbf RTE do the same when Ireland are involved.

String wrote: »
    Keane along side Vieira would of been a lot more interesting!

Spooning?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

blueser wrote: »

At least they have a very good back up, who should probably be first choice, in Subasic.

He was poor for both the first and the third goal.

Both great finishes in the bottom corners at pace? Ffs people hear reacting like it was a joe hart like cock up show.

• Advertisement

He should have saved the peno, he got both hands to it and let it go between them. He was very slow getting down to both the 1st & 3rd goals. The first maybe he was unsighted but the 3rd was a shocker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Catering to their target audience.

This game has done nothing to dispel my concerns, that this is probably the worst Brazilian team I can remember since I became a Brazil fan in 1982.

Not producing the technically gifted players they once were. No way for example would Hulk have got near a Brazilian team back in the 90s. I think it could be down to the fact that so many of them start off in European academies which could if anything constrain them to a certain degree due to coaches giving them precise instructions to follow as opposed to letting them play off their instincts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Jose doesn't like Modric type players, on the day he signs fabregas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

IMO:

1st goal - Got the timing of his dive all wrong. It should be a relatively comfortable save from that distance and with that much power.

2nd goal - After getting a hand to the penalty he should have saved it. It was the perfect height for a goalkeeper.

3rd goal - He wasn't anticipating the shot at all and was slow to get down to it.

They're not howlers by any means, but personally I don't think it's expecting too much of an international goalkeeper to be expected to save all three of them.

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Catering to their target audience.

Yeah suppose but they just did a special on R Lambert for f sake!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Should haved saved the first (a scuffed shot from outside the box) and the third (a toe poke from outside the box) and once he got as much of a hand on the penalty as he did, he (as would most keepers) would have expected to keep it out. Apart from those three errors, he did okay!

Jose doesn't like Modric type players, on the day he signs fabregas?

It's a fair point and be interesting how he uses Cesc

RoryMac wrote: »
    He should have saved the peno, he got both hands to it and let it go between them. He was very slow getting down to both the 1st & 3rd goals. The first maybe he was unsighted but the 3rd was a shocker

He didnt fall for neymars pre peno antics and dive too early, read the peno and near deflected it wide. My god that is terrible keeping alright. You really have to redefine a shocker. He pulled off a great diving save in the second half as well, i think he claimed every long ball and cross that came in too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Yeah suppose but they just did a special on R Lambert for f sake!

As an England fan I enjoyed it. I probably would have switched off otherwise.

As someone else said, it's nothing that RTE wouldn't, rightly, do about Ireland were they there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement