Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House beside M50 is noisy?

Options
  • 12-06-2014 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Thinking to buy the house in palmerstown woods, clondalkin. It is the house beside m50. Outside can hear the traffic noise. Any people living there is ok with that or suggest not to buy? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭wush06

I live in that general area and my house backs on to the M50 and have to say I hear no noise at all. I'm over 10 years there and I sleep well at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,990 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

wush06 wrote: »
    I live in that general area and my house backs on to the M50 and have to say I hear no noise at all. I'm over 10 years there and I sleep well at night.

You can get used to most things and noise is one of them. My Sister lives near the airport and I'm always looking up when planes take off or land, she doesn't even notice anymore.
    jiji20 wrote: »
    Thinking to buy the house in palmerstown woods, clondalkin. It is the house beside m50. Outside can hear the traffic noise. Any people living there is ok with that or suggest not to buy? Thanks

Only way to know is to visit the area at different times of the day and see if the noise is noticeable/annoying to you and anyone else who'll be moving in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Baby01032012

I lived in that general area beside m50 for 10 years and never had any problem with noise from there. They have tall panel hoarding along m50 that seems to sound proof it even when outside house. It's usually nieghbours dog that disturbed the peace not the m50.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,900 ✭✭✭✭L1011

You get used to road noise quite quickly.

However, as the road surface ages the noise gets significantly worse - I've lived beside the original stretch of M4 since it was built and its only in the last few years I ever really noticed the road noise as the surface is now >20 years old and quite worn. When its resurfaced I suspect it'll drop away to unnoticeable again, as modern surfaces are quieter anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Phil_Lives

Residents in Castleknock adjacent to the M50 were always making representations to the local councillors about the road noise from the M50 and wanted some sort of sheltering put in place.

• Advertisement
Advertisement