Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can an additional residential line be rented from another provider?

Options
  • 12-06-2014 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

My house has two seperate residential lines. Telephone services are provided by Eircom through the main line [Line 1] and a different provider supplies the "additional residential line" [Line 2] with service. Both lines however are currently rented from Eircom.

I want to keep the Eircom service to Line 1 but I'm looking to change the provider of services to Line 2. As most provider's packages include line rental - I would obviously want to change rental of Line 2, but not Line 1 to the new provider.

Is it possible for another provider to assume rental control of an 'additional residential line' only while leaving the main residential line's rental and service with Eircom intact?

If not, how would I go about seperating Line 2 into a seperate account number?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Whopper75 wrote: »
    My house has two seperate residential lines. Telephone services are provided by Eircom through the main line [Line 1] and a different provider supplies the "additional residential line" [Line 2] with service. Both lines however are currently rented from Eircom.

I want to keep the Eircom service to Line 1 but I'm looking to change the provider of services to Line 2. As most provider's packages include line rental - I would obviously want to change rental of Line 2, but not Line 1 to the new provider.

Is it possible for another provider to assume rental control of an 'additional residential line' only while leaving the main residential line's rental and service with Eircom intact?

If not, how would I go about seperating Line 2 into a seperate account number?

Hi Whopper75

It is possible to move a specific line from an account from another provider to eircom without taking the main line however you would need to ask/check with the provider you are considering moving to if they themselves will be able to arrange this as eircom will be unable to advise on their capabilities surrounding this - it should be available though.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Whopper75

Thanks Al, suppose I decide to go with Eircom as the new provider for line 2 (final decision hasn't been made yet), and the line rental for line 2 then falls under the new package, is it possible to arrange for the bill for each line to be seperate or must they go to the one account?

Thanks Al, suppose I decide to go with Eircom as the new provider for line 2 (final decision hasn't been made yet), and the line rental for line 2 then falls under the new package, is it possible to arrange for the bill for each line to be seperate or must they go to the one account?
    Hi Whopper75

You can have either, You can have a package with an extra phone line rental of 20.96 (ex vat) or you can request the division of the account.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Whopper75

Thanks Al, is it possible to request the division of accounts online? Or is it a case of ringing accounts department?

Thanks Al, is it possible to request the division of accounts online? Or is it a case of ringing accounts department?
    It's not possible online Whopper75

You will need to contact accounts on free phone 1901, although web chat might be able to help if you give them a try: [font=Calibri","sans-serif]http://www.eircom.net/about/contact/

Thanks
    Al
    [/font]

• Advertisement
Advertisement