Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPad Air vibrating

• 12-06-2014 10:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭

Hi guys

anyone else feel their iPad air vibrating when playing something from the in-built speakers?

I was playing some music from it at regular volume (half way) and it was vibrating quite heavily.

Not a huge issue, but an issue nonetheless.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭MacBizzle

As far as I can recall (I don't usually play at high volume) but there isn't much vibrating. Maybe the case is loose?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

MacBizzle wrote: »
    As far as I can recall (I don't usually play at high volume) but there isn't much vibrating. Maybe the case is loose?

You do get a bit of vibrating though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭MacBizzle

Sam Mac wrote: »
    You do get a bit of vibrating though?

Small bit, nothing much.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Wouldn't it depend on the resonant frequency of the ipad? Was it only with a particular song?

5uspect wrote: »
    Wouldn't it depend on the resonant frequency of the ipad? Was it only with a particular song?

No, all audio made it vibrate.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

You would expect different ranges of frequencies to vibrate various parts of a device. Most tablets are pretty well assembled so you would think they should only have a fairly narrow frequency range and I'm sure apple ensure this isn't going to occur under normal conditions.

I wonder could the speaker have worked its way loose?

5uspect wrote: »
    You would expect different ranges of frequencies to vibrate various parts of a device. Most tablets are pretty well assembled so you would think they should only have a fairly narrow frequency range and I'm sure apple ensure this isn't going to occur under normal conditions.

I wonder could the speaker have worked its way loose?

Yeah, that's what I'm wondering. I am going to test my Mini retina and see if its the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,914 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

when its unplugged or just plugged?

Overheal wrote: »
    when its unplugged or just plugged?

both. You can feel vibrations on the back and the screen.

Advertisement