Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIT and Grant please help

Options
  • 12-06-2014 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭

Hi,

My sister is in LIT and is doing a 4 year course and has got a grant from year 1, this year i emailed the grant crowd to see will she continue to get her grant for her final year (year 4 she is going into in September) or what as she never applied all the other years she just got it, they said to me that she has to 'Renew her grant' and to go onto SUSI, and told me do below

Please log onto www.grantsonline.ie
    - Please log into your account.
    - Once logged in go to the left hand side of the page and press the make a new grant application tab.
    - You will be directed to 10 questions. Please answer these questions and follow instructions.

This means she has to Re-Apply all over again for her grant am i right about this and the deadline is tomorrow! i dont see a renew section on the website they never emailed or wrote to me regarding this so we could have applied earlier,

Guess my question is why has she to re-apply for the grant when she is still doing the same course as its a 4 year course - im sure they no this.
    any Advice i would appreciate please and thanks

lorr

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 123 ✭✭///3power

Hi,

I believe the new SUSI system has to do a means test every year, to see if an applicant qualifies for the grant.

They calculate the gross income of the household and if it's over the threshold you don't get it.

Last year i applied for it for the first time (i'm in LIT too). Total income in my house was 80,000e and the limit is somewhere around 50,000e, so i didn't get it.

As for deadline, there is none, kind of! I know they said there was, but there wasn't. The system is new so they'll be ironing out the creases... A person could apply for it half way through the course if they wanted. This will probably change over time. Though at the moment there's definitely no stringent deadline.

You can already apply for the academic year of 2014/2015 since May i think. I haven't yet, but i will be God willing.

So no need to stress about deadlines. They're also very helpful over the phone (0761 08 7874) and can be reached up to 8pm any week day and even half days on Saturday.

Hope this helps.

Salam wa alaikum

Advertisement