Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*TY OFF-TOPIC THREAD* 2014/2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭MissCupcake

Not able for school tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Liordi

I've got work experience. :D Not so bad.

Liordi wrote: »
    I've got work experience. :D Not so bad.

Lucky! I haven't got mine until after Christmas. Where are you for work experience?

Lucky! I haven't got mine until after Christmas. Where are you for work experience?

We're doing work experience every Monday for the whole year. ^^

I'm working for a charity organisation right now, mostly just generic office work - filing/shredding/photocopying but I'm doing some accounts as well. :pac:

We're doing work experience every Monday for the whole year. ^^

I'm working for a charity organisation right now, mostly just generic office work - filing/shredding/photocopying but I'm doing some accounts as well. :pac:
    Oh! Never heard of anyone doing it one day a week for the year it's a good idea though

• Advertisement

Oh! Never heard of anyone doing it one day a week for the year it's a good idea though

Yeah, it's good - nice to get a bit of a break from school too.

Yeah, it's good - nice to get a bit of a break from school too.
    Hope work experience was good haha. this week should be busy enough for me, cinema tomorrow can't wait! Part of 'film studies' for English haha

Sounds good.
    We're doing generic English course - "the five languages" or something of that sort. :rolleyes:

Sounds good.
    We're doing generic English course - "the five languages" or something of that sort. :rolleyes:

Haha the 'programmes or modules' some teachers have planned out for the year are actually Hilarious. English is aright for us but we get homework and proper work. We got English homework on JC night due for the next day...

That sucks. We're not getting too much homework but..
    I need to find another safety symbol other than the following 10 but not having any luck.

new_hazard_symbols.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭ElmW13

I need to find another safety symbol other than the following 10 but not having any luck.

new_hazard_symbols.png

Biohazard?

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mr Rhode Island Red

Laser Radiation

new_hazard_symbols.png
    Jesus that looks like almost all of them

Yipee. Going to UL on Tuesday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Xgracie

I am loving TY so far! Doing lots of stuff and ploughing next week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

my ty's been ok so far. We've gone on one trip and have had one guest speaker. Apart from that all we're really doing is class projects and presentations. Started my community involvement but thinking of changing it to a nursing home by a hospital.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Eims14

my ty's been ok so far. We've gone on one trip and have had one guest speaker. Apart from that all we're really doing is class projects and presentations. Started my community involvement but thinking of changing it to a nursing home by a hospital.
    What are you doing now?I had my first day in a nursing home recently and found it really sad.In saying that I'm a bit of a softy so :P

Xgracie wrote: »
    I am loving TY so far! Doing lots of stuff and ploughing next week!

We're going to the ploughing too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Eims14 wrote: »
    What are you doing now?I had my first day in a nursing home recently and found it really sad.In saying that I'm a bit of a softy so :P

i had mine in a charity shop but the place was a mess and really dusty and i sort of have allergies/reactions to dust so afterwards i felt like a mess. What did you do in the nursing home

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭nanook5

Yipee. Going to UL on Tuesday :D

For what ?

• Advertisement

We're going to the ploughing too!

Were going too! What day are ye going?

ElmW13 wrote: »

Thursday.wbu?

Thursday.wbu?

Thursday too. Leaving at half six:eek:

Thursday too. Leaving at half six:eek:

:0 leaving the ploughing at half six.or leaving your county at half six?I dont know what time were leaving.Our school is more last minute so ill probs know Wednesday evening :rolleyes: :P

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Msrebeckyxo

We randomly went to Glendalough on Wednesday which was great craic, and we're going the ploughing on Thursday, leaving the school at 7 in the morning :((((

Also I'm going to Carlingford in two weeks time, and the school told us we need 150 euros in by the end of October to secure a place for our Uk trip:( Too early to get that money sorted ughh

:0 leaving the ploughing at half six.or leaving your county at half six?I dont know what time were leaving.Our school is more last minute so ill probs know Wednesday evening :rolleyes: :P

Leaving the school at half six... Were the on,y class group in TY going. Were doing ag science at the moment and they needed numbers to fill the bus

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Xgracie

I'm going on the wednesday! And leaving the school at 8:30!

nanook5 wrote: »
    For what ?

Oops, meant UL activity centre. It's some place in Killaloe? I think.
    Bit of canoeing and kayaking with some land activities, pretty decent tbf. :)

• Advertisement

Oops, meant UL activity centre. It's some place in Killaloe? I think.
    Bit of canoeing and kayaking with some land activities, pretty decent tbf. :)

Oh were going to Carlingford in two weeks to do the same kinda stuff! Really excited for it!

Advertisement