Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone bought a telescope online?

Options
  • 12-06-2014 11:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭

Hi,

I was wondering has anyone bought a telescope online? I have been looking up websites such as Amazon to buy one off but have apprehension buying off them because of the size of the item. How is it delivered by An Post or a Courier? What are your experiences when buying online?

Kind regards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

ryanciara wrote: »
    Hi,

I was wondering has anyone bought a telescope online? I have been looking up websites such as Amazon to buy one off but have apprehension buying off them because of the size of the item. How is it delivered by An Post or a Courier? What are your experiences when buying online?

Kind regards
    OK what you thinking of buying? A few links would be useful.
    You can buy on line from lots of dealers ranging from Dublin, the UK, Germany and the good ol' USA. A little bit more information goes a long way :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

I haven't but I'd have no problem buying from amazon because I've bought other large items from them (a tv) and I've returned faulty expensive items (a laptop) no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭murphyme2010

ryanciara wrote: »
    Hi,

Kind regards

I have bought telescopes from telescope-service and Ktec.

The TS scope was an 8" dob. It arrived in two large boxes via An Post which I collected from the sorting office as I was out when the An Post van arrived.

The Ktec scope was small and was again delivered by An Post.

Touch wood, I've has no issues buying on-line.

Michael.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Novaman

Me too, no problems at all when buying from telescope service in Germany, delivered to my workplace no probs by an post

NM

Advertisement