Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

videogamesplus or us psn store?

Options
  • 12-06-2014 11:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

I just got my ps4 and while I did get 2 games with it, im not going to be paying €70 in gamestop. So should I order from the canadian website.Ormake an american primary account to buy games. Does anyone have experience with either of them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,774 ✭✭✭lertsnim

If you can wait the 10 days or so go with VGP, if not then PSN.

Both methods are great in my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭AGoodison

What I've started to do is buy off the US PSN store games that I know will last a long time. For games that I'd complete in a week I just wait for the PSN sales to happen and get them half price. I've never had a problem with VGP apart from one game taking three weeks but both at excellent value.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Is it possible to trade in games bought off VGP in places like Xtravision?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Is it possible to trade in games bought off VGP in places like Xtravision?

No only cex I imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭AGoodison

cloud493 wrote: »
    No only cex I imagine.

Much better value there anyway and you can look up the prices online.

• Advertisement

The prices on videogamesplus :eek: and the only downside is having to wait, what 10 days or so?

Yes

Thats crazy. Even including shipping, most new release for €46 odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

Do videogamesplus deliver to parcel motel? Anyone else try it?

Thats crazy. Even including shipping, most new release for €46 odd.

It shows how much we are ripped off here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

CEX don't accept vgp games anymore, best bet is to stick it up on adverts or swap it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

No only cex I imagine.
    Davei141 wrote: »
    CEX don't accept vgp games anymore, best bet is to stick it up on adverts or swap it.

Why don't Xtravision accept VGP games?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Why don't Xtravision accept VGP games?

I'd imagine it's because it's not supported wrt buying dlc on an EU console.

Hi guys, I'm considering making my new games purchases off VGP now, since its so much cheaper, but I've never ordered there before so I just wanna check

- roughly about 10 days to get here?
    - definitely work on my PS4/PS vita, but I'l have to buy the DLC off the US store?

Hi guys, I'm considering making my new games purchases off VGP now, since its so much cheaper, but I've never ordered there before so I just wanna check

- roughly about 10 days to get here?
    - definitely work on my PS4/PS vita, but I'l have to buy the DLC off the US store?

Yes and yes on PS4 games.

I think there is some jiggery-pokery with the Vita though in that you need a separate memory card for EU and non-EU games(or you need to reset the Vita).
    I'm sure someone will explain it better.

Bleh vita stuff hardly sounds worth it.

The vita games will work fine using you Irish account. It is only the dlc that's a pain in the hole as a separate memory card would be needed for that.

Oh great. I've got the last of us remastered and GTA V remastered on order for €90. Thats €60 cheaper than Gamestop so.

Just to add my 2c, I've already bought 3 games from Video Games Plus and think they're great. I'll definitely be ordering from them again.

It did take ~10 days for delivery but that is the only downside I have found.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

The Vita account switching only becomes an issue when you're dealing with digital content (i.e. full downloaded games or DLC). If you're happy enough to just play a base game without any DLCs then you're fine buying from VGP without any account hassle.

Anyway I've bought from VGP also, they're definitely reliable, just as has been pointed out be prepared for a long delivery time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭TheOwl12

Thanks for the replies everyone. I ordered the new Wolfenstein game on Sunday so it'll be here next week. Only cost 46 euro.

One more question though. If I preorder a game, will they send it early so it will be here on release date or will they just send it on release date?

TheOwl12 wrote: »
    One more question though. If I preorder a game, will they send it early so it will be here on release date or will they just send it on release date?

Absolutely no chance of getting it before release.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭TheOwl12

F1ngers wrote: »
    Absolutely no chance of getting it before release.

I don't mean getting it becore release, I mean getting it on the day it releases.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I don't mean getting it becore release, I mean getting it on the day it releases.

No. You'll usually get it a week after

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

They will send it on the US release date though which is usually a Wednesday or Tuesday instead of Friday here but still you will get it a week after. A small price to pay but look at the savings.

I've just noticed something, PS4 version of The Last of Us comes with $30 of DLC.
    So if you buy it from VGP, how are you going to access the DLC?

I've just noticed something, PS4 version of The Last of Us comes with $30 of DLC.
    So if you buy it from VGP, how are you going to access the DLC?

Create a US account on your console and download it, that's if it's not already on the disc. Once it's on your console any account can use it.

Create a US account on your console and download it, that's if it's not already on the disc. Once it's on your console any account can use it.

Can you have multiple accounts on your PS4?
    Can I have both an Irish account and US?

Yep, some gamers even have Japanese accounts to get content that never gets released outside Japan. They did for the PS3 anyway, don't think the PS4 has too much stuff there yet as it's still very new to the market over there.

• Advertisement

I have four (Irish, UK, American and Japanese)

Advertisement