Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Independent-mature student

Options
  • 12-06-2014 11:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hey guys
    First time thread here so bare with me...got accepted for the course! Easy part done trying to sort out this grant business now, I'm a mature independent student, I live with my partner in his house, all the bills are in his name it's direct D from his account all I pay for is the shopping and silly bits there's no eircom bill or anything like that. Sky is in his name. What I'm basically trying to find out is how do I prove that i'am an "indo mature student" they take his income as well as my own into it. I just can't seem to find an answer to my question??? If anybody is in the same boat or gets what I mean I'd love some feedback

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭maki

So long as you have lived without your parents since 1st October last year you'll be assessed as an independent mature student.
    However since you are cohabiting with a partner, both your incomes are used for the purposes of your claim.

The independent mature student criteria just decides who's income to look at: your parents, or you (and your partner).

Advertisement