Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lobster Paella

• 13-06-2014 12:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

Hi,

For some reason I have to make a Lobster paella for 10 people this Sunday any ideas or recipes?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭nosietoes

Make sure to make a nice shellfish stock in advance.

I used this as a base last year to make a fantastic paella tho I changed it around a bit to fit the seafood/meat that I had.

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2011/aug/18/how-to-cook-perfect-paella

Enjoy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,632 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

nosietoes wrote: »
    Make sure to make a nice shellfish stock in advance.

I used this as a base last year to make a fantastic paella tho I changed it around a bit to fit the seafood/meat that I had.

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2011/aug/18/how-to-cook-perfect-paella

Enjoy!
    A good stock is essential, prawn heads and white fish bones, aromatics, water, slow and long heat.
    DO NOT use any short grain as this article suggests. Arborio or canaroni (risotto rices) have a far too high starch content and will result in a gooey risotto.
    If you want to keep your cost down (considering you've splashed out on the lobster) use a bit of turmeric instead of saffron

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭nosietoes

I completely agree about the rice - had forgotten they even mentioned that! I often ignore the bits of recipe advice I find ridiculous.

And utterly disagree about the turmeric / saffron swap. They may both be yellow but saffron's flavour is nothing like tumeric's. I would rather you just left out the saffron than throw in some tumeric in just for the show of having yellow rice.

But to each their own

nosietoes wrote: »
    I completely agree about the rice - had forgotten they even mentioned that! I often ignore the bits of recipe advice I find ridiculous.

And utterly disagree about the turmeric / saffron swap. They may both be yellow but saffron's flavour is nothing like tumeric's. I would rather you just left out the saffron than throw in some tumeric in just for the show of having yellow rice.

But to each their own
    Well I make it on a monthly basis for 125 Spanish folk, including the Spanish ambassador last time, and they didn't seem to notice the difference

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

duploelabs wrote: »
    Well I make it on a monthly basis for 125 Spanish folk, including the Spanish ambassador last time, and they didn't seem to notice the difference

Or were too polite to say anything.

• Advertisement

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Or we're too polite to say anything.

Would've lost a very important client if it was

Advertisement