Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice Wanted

Options
  • 13-06-2014 1:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

About a year ago I dropped I acquired some musical instruments from a family member. I brought them to a well known and well respected music shop for appraisal. I had four items in total one of which the shopowner told me could be quite valuable but he needed to get a second opinion. He asked if he would mind me leaving it with him which I had no problem doing.
    A month went by and I heard nothing so I gave him a call. He was still waiting to meet his guy. I went back to the shop again about a month later and same story.
    The last time I was ther, before today was February and the guy had the instrument and showed me, so I was happy enough to leave it as he said he was definatly meeting his guy in the near future.
    Alas, I went back today and the guy couldn't find it.
    If the instrument was genuine it could be worth anything up to E12,000. If its fake it probably worth E20.
    I really dont think a reputable shop like this is trying to fleece me, but I think they have genuinely misplaced it.
    Any ideas

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Any proof that he ever had it? Any written document?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 macca96

Yea, I have a receipt thankfully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭garhjw

Ask the shop how they propose to resolve the situation. Depending on what they propose (how much they offer you) then decide on your next step.

Advertisement