Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Music for Games

• 13-06-2014 1:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭

Hello all! I've been meaning to post here for a while but just a bit nervous. Been following the forum for a while now and it struck me that there aren't many people here who really do music for games or know who to go to for that. I've only begun to learn how to code so I'd say it could be a long time before I actually make anything like a game myself, but I like to do music in my free time. I've been in a bit of a rut for a while creatively though. I've always wanted to be able to compose for something in particular to help get my creativity going and to give me a challenge.

I suppose what I'm trying to get at here is I'd love to offer my services to anyone here (free of charge, naturally) and see if I can help anyone out with their game, while giving me a chance to think outside of the box for a bit. You can hear a few things I've done in here;

www.soundcloud.com/cydoniac
    www.cydoniac.bandcamp.com

If you skim through a few tracks you can get an idea of what sort of stuff I do. I'm not sure what to call it exactly, it's a mix of different things! If anyone would like to give it a shot, I'd love to see if I can help create something that would match their game. Not much to lose either way, if you like it, great, and if it doesn't work out, at least it was worth trying! I hope this doesn't count as advertising...I have nothing really to gain out of it apart from a fun challenge and possibly some nice collaborations!

Just as a side note, I primarily use Ableton Live, and occasionally Nanoloop (although the new interface has really put me off)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭Kilgore__Trout

Some nice stuff there on Soundcloud. Liked Netsplit and With Hopes of Starting over. How long does it take you to put together a song, out of curiousity?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Some nice stuff there on Soundcloud. Liked Netsplit and With Hopes of Starting over. How long does it take you to put together a song, out of curiousity?
    Oh, it really depends on how fast an idea comes. If I know exactly what I want sometimes I have the whole thing sketched out in about 15 mins. Then it can take longer to adjust it. You could spend an infinite time really trying to make it 'perfect' Don't think I've ever spent more than a few hours on a single piece though, unless it was something I've had to manually input each note for (i.e tracker software)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Macal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7oNOfmXNHE Hey, I thought I'd through this up here. I composed this for a competition to have my soundtrack on a flash game about a year ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

hey J_E - if you're still looking for a challenge I'm looking for splashscreen/menu music for something I'm working on.

Like 99.99% of stuff worked on at home it likely won't make a cent, so I can't promise you anything, except to say that in the unlikely event a cent was made you'd at least get a pint out of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

pH wrote: »
    hey J_E - if you're still looking for a challenge I'm looking for splashscreen/menu music for something I'm working on.

Like 99.99% of stuff worked on at home it likely won't make a cent, so I can't promise you anything, except to say that in the unlikely event a cent was made you'd at least get a pint out of it.
    Will send you a message for more details!

• Advertisement
Advertisement