Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (Week 16), Jun 13, 2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,060 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Don't see us getting anything in Sligo tbh.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Derry have an appalling record against Sligo home or away in fairness for two sides that should be much closer on paper, but they beat them in the League Cup didn't they..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,375 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

dfx- wrote: »
    Derry have an appalling record against Sligo home or away in fairness for two sides that should be much closer on paper, but they beat them in the League Cup didn't they..

Beaten in the cup at home 1-0. Lost in the league up there 1-0 as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

I'm shocked the big game of the night isn't being shown on RTE. Dundalk and Pats both play great football and this game has a massive role in how the league will go. A lot of pressure for both teams tonight not to lose. I'd happily take a draw. Hopefully Rovers and Cork will also finish in a draw and give Dundalk a bit of breathing room going in to the break.

Am I the only one that doesn't enjoy big games as much as I should? Always look forward to them but never enjoy them until I'm sure we've won or until the ref blows for the 90. Just a bag of nerves until then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

DonCarlos,don't worry-i'm pooing it too :(

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Don't envy anyone having to sit on a bus today in this heat going to a long distance away trip, suppose it's one advantage to not being able to get off work!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

doncarlos wrote: »
    I'm shocked the big game of the night isn't being shown on RTE.
    Spain v Netherlands is on, going to hurt attendances as well.

First of 3 big games for Bohs where we need to pick up wins. Expect a tough game against Bray tonight.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

doncarlos wrote: »
    I'm shocked the big game of the night isn't being shown on RTE. Dundalk and Pats both play great football and this game has a massive role in how the league will go. A lot of pressure for both teams tonight not to lose. I'd happily take a draw. Hopefully Rovers and Cork will also finish in a draw and give Dundalk a bit of breathing room going in to the break.

I'll gladly take that.
    Am I the only one that doesn't enjoy big games as much as I should? Always look forward to them but never enjoy them until I'm sure we've won or until the ref blows for the 90. Just a bag of nerves until then.

It's all excitement and buzz in the run-up to them. And then on the day, it's terrifying. It's great if you go 1-0 up, but it's torture waiting for the ref to blow his whistle or for your team to score more. I can't relax unless City are 3-0 up.

Still, it's a fantastic rollercoaster of emotions and if you do win them, it's a great feeling altogether. It's certainly better than a boring mid-table finish!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I'm amazed the LOI didn't decide to take two weeks off, ie the group stages. Attendances are bound to be hit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

mike65 wrote: »
    I'm amazed the LOI didn't decide to take two weeks off, ie the group stages. Attendances are bound to be hit.

Finishes tonight for two weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Will be interesting to see attendance figures after this weekend especially since games are clashing with a huge fixture in the World Cup tonight.

Strangely looking forward to my first trip out to the Carlisle Grounds actually. Funnily enough, it's almost a year since Heary took charge and a renewed sense of optimism took over in this exact fixture....

It's anything but right now especially that we need to go out and perform otherwise Athlone in a few weeks will be playing on the mind over the mid season break.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Need a result tonight. Can see Athlone beating Drogheda and that coupled with a loss for us would mean they'd be 7 points behind us.
    Though hopefully the two week break will be enough for the likes of Clarke and Ben Mohamad to return.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

That_Guy wrote: »
    Will be interesting to see attendance figures after this weekend especially since games are clashing with a huge fixture in the World Cup tonight.

Strangely looking forward to my first trip out to the Carlisle Grounds actually. Funnily enough, it's almost a year since Heary took charge and a renewed sense of optimism took over in this exact fixture....

It's anything but right now especially that we need to go out and perform otherwise Athlone in a few weeks will be playing on the mind over the mid season break.

Great day for a trip to bray. It's one of my favourite road (rail) trips to do. Again, World Cup viewership will hamper attendances, especially Spain v Holland. If we play like we did against Limerick, we could get 3 points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭uch

That_Guy wrote: »
    Strangely looking forward to my first trip out to the Carlisle Grounds actually. .

Bring Shorts, a Raincoat, an umbrella and an overcoat & scarf, the only place I know in Ireland where you'll need them all in an hour and a half.

21/25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

NIMAN wrote: »
    Don't see us getting anything in Sligo tbh.
    Just seen our team. You'll win. Comfortably.

we've only got three subs too. Not sure what that's about

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Not a bad turnout for us at the carlisle.

Bohs 1-0 up, peno for dinny.

Alright lads, park the ****ing bus.

Dinny again...2-0!

Think dinny is on for the hattrick their goalie is about to get sent off...

3-0!

Dinny again! Though this time he causes an OG! 4-0

• Advertisement

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Think dinny is on for the hattrick their goalie is about to get sent off...

3-0!

Why was he sent off Steve? Cracking result in the making.

Omackeral wrote: »

Took Dinny out through on goal. Definite foul, thought he was offside though.

Omackeral wrote: »

As above, dinny was clear through, about as clear a sending off as Ive seen in a while. Goalie took him clean out.

5-0 for bohs now bucko

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,375 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Odhiambo sent off about 5 minutes after he was brought on. Just leave.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Athlone are winning 5-0.

What the absolute f*ck?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭kksaints

Seaneh wrote: »
    Athlone are winning 5-0.

What the absolute f*ck?

Drogs are bad, very very bad.

Draw up in Oriel. Ok result for us. Looks like Cork are the big winners this week 1 up in Tallaght.

Athlone 6 Drogheda 0

De town trying to upstage The Netherlands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Bizarre decision at Galway tonight. Youths forward was obviously pulled down in the box when running clear on goal, ref blew and pointed to the spot. Goes and has a chat with the lineo and gives a hop ball.

We watched the tape back, penalty was the obvious decision. Look forward to finding out what the ref said to the players. Penalty looked completely obvious.

That being said, it's not quite as unbelievable as the Athlone - Drogs scoreline. Holy ****. That is baaaaad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Worst result I can ever remember as a Drogheda fan, been following them since 2002.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Will just have to settle for the 2 tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Bizarre decision at Galway tonight. Youths forward was obviously pulled down in the box when running clear on goal, ref blew and pointed to the spot. Goes and has a chat with the lineo and gives a hop ball.

We watched the tape back, penalty was the obvious decision. Look forward to finding out what the ref said to the players. Penalty looked completely obvious.

That being said, it's not quite as unbelievable as the Athlone - Drogs scoreline. Holy ****. That is baaaaad.

There are many threads here about how to "fix" our league but , IMO, the biggest flaw is the standard of officials. The shilte on display in the 1st division has to be seen to be believed. I don't care if wrong decisions balance themselves out during the year, it's pure muck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

oldyouth wrote: »
    There are many threads here about how to "fix" our league but , IMO, the biggest flaw is the standard of officials. The shilte on display in the 1st division has to be seen to be believed. I don't care if wrong decisions balance themselves out during the year, it's pure muck

The ref was fine otherwise in my opinion, that linesman made a few questionable decision but nothing major otherwise. That was a bizarre moment though, still waiting to hear from the players or management what the reason given was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

longford were pretty poor tonight, we were much worse. A cracker of a free the difference. In saying that they were the only ones who looked like scoring anyway.

fair play to the longford players getting in on the sign for Oisin (the lad who fell of a balcony in Santa Ponsa - Harps u19 player)
    10338243_246764698865151_5611194352934096269_n.jpg
    Photo from Chris McNulty

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Athlone winning 6-0. Who'd of thunk.

• Advertisement

Every time drogs play I get more annoyed bohs lost to them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭uch

oldyouth wrote: »

Same tonight in Tallaght, Ref was shíte, Robinson should have been sent off ( possibly twice ) Big lad in midfield for Cork was lucky to stay on too, ref blowing for free's which looked a bit soft then gives free's the opposite way, feckin baffling, don't get me wrong, take nothing away from Cork, they were very disciplined and fully deserved their win but as oldyouth says the standard of officiating is diabolical, and thats coming from a retired ref.

21/25

Every time drogs play I get more annoyed bohs lost to them

Yeah but they'll keep us out of the relegation play-off, God bless them.

That was the best weve played in ages tonight. Was like watching the 2008 team play at times.

Cork well worth their win, Rovers absolutely clueless how to go about attacking when Healy was marking Finn. Same old story. Very physical approach early on, thought the early booking would see a lower influence on the game.

How Dan Murray escaped a booking I don't know.

Again though, Cork made the last half hour so much more difficult for themselves by retreating so deep like Limerick and Derry did, wasting time getting 5 mins of injury time instead of just three. What is it with time wasting in the league. Cork were in command of the game until they got panicky and started wasting time.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Athlone ain't down and out yet. 1 point for us from Athlone, Bray and Limerick is awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Disappointing draw in Dundalk, should have won the game.

DrumSteve wrote: »
    That was the best weve played in ages tonight. Was like watching the 2008 team play at times.

It would appear that Bohs' problem this season is that half of their games have to be played at home:pac:

dfx- wrote: »
    It would appear that Bohs' problem this season is that half of their games have to be played at home:pac:

Its almost like watching a different team tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Not a chance of even top 3 if we don't improve at home. That was fcuking muck against a limited but organised Cork side who well deserved win.. Croly is choking a highly decent team of players.

Not bad attendance for a head to head with Spain Netherlands game About 3k there I would have thought. Cork brought about 150 I'd say and were in good voice.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Disappointing draw in Dundalk, should have won the game.

How can you say Pats should have won, We easily had twice as many chances as Pats and dominated for large periods

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Really needed a win in Cobh to set us up nicely, at the rate we're going I'd take 3rd for a playoff :(

Advertisement