Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off-Topic thread Horse Racing

Options
2»

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,353 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

mdwexford wrote: »
    This is a lie because I pm'd you as well.
    Apologies - yes you PM'd me overnight, but I did not get a chance to have a proper look at that before I became award of this thread this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

mdwexford wrote: »
    Good to see common sense has prevailed and Beasty has been overruled here.

When is there a thread for feedback about his attitude over the past few days and wading into a forum he has never posted in before with an iron fist and trying to throw his weight around?

Common sense would just be to let it go. A mistake may or may not have been made. As in Tom Dunne's post below the admins, mod and cmod have had discussions and have made a decision regarding a world cup thread and the admins are still looking at other issues. You can call that over-ruling Beasty if you like (I'd call it reaching a compromise) but rather than dwelling on the past why not move forward and be constructive instead of just being antagonistic and point-scoring. The latter serves no purpose apart from satisfying people's egos at this stage.
    Tom Dunne wrote: »
    Ok, so there has been a significant amount of discussion between the mod, Cmods and Admins around a number of issues in the Horse Racing forum over the past number of hours.

Beasty and convert have agreed that a World Cup megathread would be a good idea, with discussion of soccer/football in any other threads being prohibited (especially in light of the opening up of the Soccer forum).

We (the Admins) will be looking at other issues around the forum, including recent bannings and cards and the context within which they were handed out.

I hope this will be seen as a positive step and I appreciate everyone's desire to engage in constructive and robust discussion about the forum.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Orion wrote: »
    Common sense would just be to let it go. A mistake may or may not have been made. As in Tom Dunne's post below the admins, mod and cmod have had discussions and have made a decision regarding a world cup thread and the admins are still looking at other issues. You can call that over-ruling Beasty if you like (I'd call it reaching a compromise) but rather than dwelling on the past why not move forward and be constructive instead of just being antagonistic and point-scoring. The latter serves no purpose apart from satisfying people's egos at this stage.

And I think that this is a appropriate post to end the thread on. Posters concerns have been noted and at least partially addressed, and further review of the forum is ongoing. Anything after that just becomes a witch-hunt, and nobody wins when one of them starts.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement