Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Regularly exchanging to euro

Options
  • 13-06-2014 8:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Out company receives payments regularly in USD, and the bank applies their standard currency exchange rate to convert that to EUR.

What cheaper services are there for receiving payments in USD?

What I've found so far are services to send money at cheaper rates.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TopTec

I use Currency Fair every month for a salary payment from Sterling to Euro. Very easy to set an account up... would that not fulfil your needs?

TT

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

I've been using Transferwise.com recently and found the service excellent. Richard Branson recently participated in a $25m fund raising by the company..

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/9d1665b6-efec-11e3-a943-00144feabdc0.html#axzz34bxUhZjZ

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭skippy2

+1 above use Currency fair. Setup an account, get them to make the US payments into that account and then you exchange and transfer out in Euro to your account. You/They must notify CF when a payment is coming in so they are aware. Once you have it all set up its easy and beats the banks rates hands down ................

• Registered Users Posts: 20 whytisme

Thanks so far.

Neither service would support receiving money "automatically".

The company in the US that sends us money will send the money to a specified bank account. They wouldn't cooperate with regularly manually following Transferwise instructions, for example. Does my explanation make sense?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭spideog7

whytisme wrote: »
    Thanks so far.

Neither service would support receiving money "automatically".

The company in the US that sends us money will send the money to a specified bank account. They wouldn't cooperate with regularly manually following Transferwise instructions, for example. Does my explanation make sense?

Could you setup a dollar account with an Irish bank and do it yourself?

• Advertisement
Advertisement