Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seeking a Mapping Solution

Options
  • 13-06-2014 9:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭

First off, I hope this is the right forum. If not, I apologise.

I'm looking for advice/suggestions around a product I can use to map some data. What I'm looking for, is something similar to Microsoft MapPoint, which would allow me import a customer base, in Excel format, and which would then map that data onto a map of Ireland by way of push pins (or similar) for each address that I have. The MapPoint software would be ideal, but it doesn't recognise Irish addresses more specific than county, so if I have 1 customer or 501 customers in Co Meath for example, it will just put down 1 pin in that county. What I would like, is that if I had 27 customers in Co. Meath, it would place 27 pins in the specific areas etc.

I hope what I'm saying makes sense, and that someone can recommend a product.

Thanks

Richie

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

HI Richie,
    I am not familiar with anything out there like that. Would google maps offer anything like that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

Google Maps can do this alright: Here's a guide ...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

If you have latitude and longitude data, you could use Google Earth too. There are online tools to build a KML file from CSV data, that I've used ( but is now unavailable, Google for others)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭threebeards

Thanks for the replies guys

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Try openstreet maps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,259 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Developers: there's probably a market for better Irish mapping software. Cos your addresses are ****ed up :)

Advertisement