Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Beginner camera recommendations?

• 13-06-2014 9:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi guys, I have always had an interest in photography and I am looking at buying my firs "proper" camera and looking for guidance. Can someone recommend a good make and model for a beginner but nothing too amatuer either? thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,763 ✭✭✭Sheeps

I have a Canon 600D /w a kit lens for sale on adverts if you have any interest? It's entry level DSLR.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭IHPhoto

A budget might be a good starting point

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 756 ✭✭✭D.S.

You should probably start by setting out your budget and what ever style you think you might want to start with (e.g. landscapes, portraits, sport).

Any DSLR really is a great start (whether Nikon, Canon, Sony, Pentax etc). Just remember when you buy a brand - you typically are buying into their system (i.e. their range of specific lenses and accessories). The lenses and post processing software are much more important than the body imo. Any basic - mid range DSLR sensor can give you incredible images. But your output will only be as good as the lens and post processing software you pair with it (once you have picked up some of the basic technical and compositional skills).

I am a Nikon user so can't speak to the other brands in depth. I went with that range as I had access through mates to all the older lenses (which can still be mounted on modern Nikon bodies). So I started out with a D90 (which is close to being discontinued I think) before upgrading and it's a superb camera (particularly when paired with some decent lenses). The Nikon d7000 is also an amazing camera and can be got for a good price. Particularly on places like eglobal which I use a fair bit. The Canon range is also superb so you can't go wrong there either.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭mossey79

Canon 550D I started with. A great starter

Advertisement