Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Notes in OP,22/7

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Yes!!! The Pogba debate again... Maybe after this we can discuss nani! Then we can chat about Saipan. ;)

Roy was wrong.

tumblr_mrucl41rFK1sngrz3o1_400.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

J. Marston wrote: »
    Roy was wrong.

tumblr_mrucl41rFK1sngrz3o1_400.gif

FAI were at fault.

ron-swanson-computer.gif

Andy mitten says we are actively pursuing two or three players and are confident of getting them.
    On phone so can't be bothered posting the link.
    So there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Andy mitten says we are actively pursuing two or three players and are confident of getting them.
    On phone so can't be bothered posting the link.
    So there!

Actively pursuing?

Anyone else picturing Woodie wearing dark glasses and following them around in a car with tinted windows?

384107-spy-and-secret-agent-and-generic.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

TheDoc wrote: »
    I think there is a fair bit of hindsight involved here. Pogba has developed into a really good CM, but that wasn't abundantly evident in his time with us.

What are you on about? There were old women living in the South American rain forest that had heard about the potential of Paul Pogba, it most certainly was very ****ing evident.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,371 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

What are you on about? There were old women living in the South American rain forest that had heard about the potential of Paul Pogba, it most certainly was very ****ing evident.

You thought he was ready for Juve's first team when he left then? I sure as hell didn't. The Italian league being in the state it's in and Juve being far superior to everyone else has also helped him. Given the Formations played in Fergie's last season and in Moyes' tenure I'm not sure any CM would look great in them tbh.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcmfbdlLkn0

Surprisingly accurate summation of all transfer ****e talk.

Liam O wrote: »
    You thought he was ready for Juve's first team when he left then? I sure as hell didn't.

But thats not what he said:
    that wasn't abundantly evident in his time with us

The potential of Pogba was incredibly evident and this was reinforced by the almost constant talk here and elsewhere about this young midfielder in the United reserve team.

To summarise, forever. We should have kept Pogba. But we didn't. I'm over it. I've moved on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

on a positive spin, I have a sneaky feeling we are going to get a big name in next 2-3 weeks.

I think Ed will deliver. Im liking fact things seem quiet and then hopefully boooom...

There, I said it.

on a positive spin, I have a sneaky feeling we are going to get a big name in next 2-3 weeks.

What, like Sokratis Papasthathopoulos big?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,342 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I think Ed will deliver. Im liking fact things seem quiet and then hopefully boooom...

There, I said it.

i reckon we are certainly trying for it. Hopefully it is a big name CM (Vidal or Pogba) and not a vanity signing like Cavani whom woodward would seem to have a hard on for.

Unlike last summer, and january, I do believe United are working on the deals they should be working on, and actually working on them and not sitting around 'preparing a bid'.

i reckon we are certainly trying for it. Hopefully it is a big name CM (Vidal or Pogba) and not a vanity signing like Cavani whom woodward would seem to have a hard on for.

Unlike last summer, and january, I do believe United are working on the deals they should be working on, and actually working on them and not sitting around 'preparing a bid'.

the fact things are quite gives me more confidence then anything.

just gut feeling we are going to get that 1 name everybody will be happy with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

There, I said it.

He'll probably get Garth Brooks, he's recently become available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Zico wrote: »

Except for he's not a footballer, just an awful musician.

Zico wrote: »

Don't go bringing him in here. I'm sick of it over in Gigs/Events had to enforce a SF favourite of locking the thread for the night to let the country kids cool off...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

lordgoat wrote: »
    Don't go bringing him in here. I'm sick of it over in Gigs/Events had to enforce a SF favourite of locking the thread for the night to let the country kids cool off...
    i here punchestown are opening gates for brooks... :D

i here punchestown are opening gates for brooks... :D

Pipe down you!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

God love you Lordgoat he's just come out and said it's play all 5 gigs or play none.

I guess lordgoat hopes Tomorrow Never Comes

I know, I will get my coat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Pogba talk and Garth Brooks, odd content. Wish Pogba would just die away from the thread at this stage.

Andy Mitten seems confident that we will land the 2/3 targets we are actively pursing. Hope he is right and they are of top quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

If I go in and stir the pot does that mean lordgoat will ban me :pac:

I kid

Back on topic, petition to have Pogba and Nani asterisked out so the debates cease to exist

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Digidol

This might be a stupid question and may already have been answered, but who exactly bought Herrera and Shaw?

They were last years failed targets under Moyes so has Van Gaal just approved them similarly since being appointed manager and the club bid for them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Nike, Adidas & Warrior in the running for kit deal... still.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28144880

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

WELBECK OUT!

;)

good times;)
    ON THIS DAY: Manchester United signed Eric Djemba-Djemba for £3.5m as a potential successor to Roy Keane.

(2003)

BroyHUmIMAA4uOh.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Digidol wrote: »
    This might be a stupid question and may already have been answered, but who exactly bought Herrera and Shaw?

They were last years failed targets under Moyes so has Van Gaal just approved them similarly since being appointed manager and the club bid for them?

Manchester United bought them. :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Nike, Adidas & Warrior in the running for kit deal... still.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28144880

Please not Warrior.... Would love Adidas myself although it would be odd seeing the three stripes on the sleeve of a Manchester United jersey.

thelad95 wrote: »
    Please not Warrior.... Would love Adidas myself although it would be odd seeing the three stripes on the sleeve of a Manchester United jersey.

Odd for some, nostalgic for others!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Now that Liverpool will be flush we should offer them Welbeck for 35m

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,584 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

stankratz wrote: »
    Odd for some, nostalgic for others!

C_71_article_1426208_image_list_image_list_item_0_image.jpg

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Actively pursuing?

Anyone else picturing Woodie wearing dark glasses and following them around in a car with tinted windows?

384107-spy-and-secret-agent-and-generic.jpg

Yes I can picture it alright and I also have this image in my head.....

10349_cat-wallpaper-feline-stalking-bird.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

I wonder will things get busy again if Holland are knocked out tomorrow?

• Advertisement

I wonder will things get busy again if Holland are knocked out tomorrow?

Wash your mouth out! The Oranje are going all the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

So how fake are the quotes attributed to Arturo Vidal back in 2011 that when he was a child he watched United versus Galatasaray, and Bryan Robson inspired him, and that he one day wanted to play for United.

More rubbish????

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

RobertKK wrote: »
    So how fake are the quotes attributed to Arturo Vidal back in 2011 that when he was a child he watched United versus Galatasaray, and Bryan Robson inspired him, and that he one day wanted to play for United.

More rubbish????

On a scale of 1 to 10, probably 11.

He would have been 6 at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

More rubbish????

I'd love to believe that, what's the source?

Strong links to both Vidal and Di Maria according to SportsWitness. (Holy Jaysus!!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Di Maria seems to be coming from James Rodriguez's WC performances and Madrid want to sell him to buy James.

Vidal is another kettle of fish altogether. I can't see both him and Strootman in the United team, and although injured, I still think Strootman is more likely, purely due to his Dutch nationality and LvG's affection for him.

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Di Maria seems to be coming from James Rodriguez's WC performances and Madrid want to sell him to buy James.

Vidal is another kettle of fish altogether. I can't see both him and Strootman in the United team, and although injured, I still think Strootman is more likely, purely due to his Dutch nationality and LvG's affection for him.

Enough of your guff. I want Vidal. I've decided. It has to be happen now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

More rubbish????

"The problem with quotes on the internet is that they are not reliable." - Abraham Lincoln

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kstand

I expect things will pick up next week.
    Read some Vidal quote where he said when he was 7 he watched United play Galatasaray in 94 and Robbo scored early on - and he said after that game it was his dream to hopefully on day play for United. Anyone else see that quote?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

There are actually Utd fans on twitter who do not want Di Maria, imagine that? "Phew Di Maria has signed for someone else, thank got for that, so whos on the left for us then today lads,... Ashley Young? tremendous" Jesus Wept!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Di Maria isn't leaving Real Madrid. This story is coming from the gutter rags.

I've always been impressed by Di Maria, I'd be happy to see him at the club. Although I will caveat that by saying I only watch about 5 Real games a year, so maybe I always just happen to see him at his best. :pac: Don't know why Real would cut him loose though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kstand

Don't think he (Di Maria) has the physicality for the EPL.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

I've always been impressed by Di Maria, I'd be happy to see him at the club. Although I will caveat that by saying I only watch about 5 Real games a year, so maybe I always just happen to see him at his best. :pac: Don't know why Real would cut him loose though.

I actually think hes one of the very best in the world, he was outstanding for real this year in a midfield 3, not exaggerating just because he is linked but he would be unbelievable signing for us and is a player you would take without any hesitation if he was available. Dont know why real would let him go as Ancelotti and Ronaldo love him but then again real dont always do what makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Sport Witness @Sport_Witness · 43m
    Vidal agent trying to do deal with Manchester United so his other client, Sanchez, has Juve option.
    Both Sanchez and Vidal represented by Fernando Felicevich. Juve keen for him to sell Vidal and try for Sanchez.
    In terms of could Vidal to Manchester United happen, think it's similar to Di Maria. Clubs want to sell and are actively trying to sell to
    Manchester United, maybe because they heard of the kitty. Both selling clubs keen to use recycled Manchester United money for own purchases.
    It's then up to Manchester United to decide whether they want to grant the selling clubs wishes.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement