Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Notes in OP,22/7

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭thebigredone

FatherTed wrote: »
    Also, United suspended Cantona right away for the rest of the season which was 4-5 months. It was later the FA lengthened the ban into the next season. The opposite of Liverpool who make up support tee shirts instead.

Cantona also recieved a 2 week prison sentence, which was overturned in the appeals court and reduced to 120 hours community service.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

This Vidal thing can't really be happening?? I'm not even entertaining the possibility we might sign him. It's just too perfect for us. Surely one of the oily French clubs or Real will blow us out of the water?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Apparantly Juve want to sell Vidal to sign Sanchez, they both have the same agent, Juve have asked him to sort it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,342 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

glued wrote: »
    Di Maria isn't leaving Real Madrid. This story is coming from the gutter rags.

He is leaving, it is just where he goes.

Madrid will go balls out for Falcao and Rodrigues, get either of them and Di Maria is toast, and they need to sell him to raise the funds for either.

Coming to united I would doubt, but i'd be very surprised if he is still a madrid player in September.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I do think there is some merit to the Vidal to United talk.

#positivethinkingfriday

Sorry account hacked so sorry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

FutureGuy wrote: »

#positivethinkingfriday

FutureGuy, what in God's name are you doing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

#positivethinkingfriday

NO FUTUREGUY THATS A BAD FUTUREGUY!!!
    Eric_Cartman.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

#positivethinkingfriday

"Hows Wolfy?"

2671724-t_1000.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

#positivethinkingfriday

YOU SON OF A BITCH.

YOU TELL US HE'S NOT SIGNING RIGHT NOW. YOU TELL US.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

#positivethinkingfriday
    footballitalia @footballitalia
    Follow

Juventus reportedly have personal terms agreed with #MUFC's Patrice Evra, whilst his agent arrives in Brazil http://www.football-italia.net/51558/juve-have-evra-agreement-but%E2%80%A6

The wheels are in motion,Juve also want cash to spend on Sanchez.
    Vidal agent trying to do deal with Manchester United so his other client, Sanchez, has Juve option. http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/juve-want-vidal-money-from-manchester-united-quickly-agent-sortin

We'll be lucky to get 8th this year. It's our year this year even if we sell Louis Louis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

#positivethinkingfriday

1DgwqWD.gif

Apologies lads, my account was hacked and I've changed my passwords now.

We are not signing Vidal. He'd be an idiot to join us. There is more of a chance of Sanchez joining us and that's not going to happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,995 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

My two dream signings would be Vidal and Sanchez would be unreal to get both. Also anybody who wouldn't want Di Maria at United has no idea about football. A true world class player, Madrid would be nuts to sell him but it is Madrid we are talking about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

We'll be lucky to get 8th this year. It's our year this year even if we sell Louis Louis.

Much more like it

Nuts102 wrote: »
    My two dream signings would be Vidal and Sanchez would be unreal to get both. Also anybody who wouldn't want Di Maria at United has no idea about football. A true world class player, Madrid would be nuts to sell him but it is Madrid we are talking about.

Yes. In your dreams because it's not ever happening.

Actually, you know what forget it. I have to say what I feel and I do think there is merit to the Vidal/United talks.

United: Wanna come play for us?
    Vidal: Haha fcuk no!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Vidal and Sanchez is dreamland along with Hummels.

What is more likely which i would still be happy with.

Blind, Depay, Carvalho and Strootman in January.

• Advertisement

Could you imagine if the Vidal stuff hit a head today and was done.

Ed is all about making good weekends!

stop_penis_erect_archer.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

TheDoc wrote: »
    Could you imagine if the Vidal stuff hit a head today and was done.

Ed is all about making good weekends!

That would make my whole month never mind the weekend....
    Get it done Ed ;)

By the way any updates on Kroos... has he definitely signed for Madrid or is it paper/meeja talk??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Vidal and Sanchez is dreamland along with Hummels.

What is more likely which i would still be happy with.

Blind, Depay, Carvalho and Strootman in January.

Id be delighted with that tbh.

Have to say fascinated by tonight's match

Kroos vs Pogba. No doubt LVG will be watching, wonder if Kroos could impress the manager enough to make him change his mind.

I've still got that hope. A midfield comprising of Kroos, Herrera and a fit Strootman is outragous beyond belief. Strootman the holding prescence, Kroos the controlling influence, Herrera the marauding CM.

Linking up with Mata, Rooney and RVP.

*drools*

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Kevin Palmer ✔ @kpsundayworld
    Fellaini on his United future: "Let's see after the World Cup. I don't have to prove anything. I've been a professional for 8 years." MUFC

Looks like the rumors of "LVG want's ManUtd misfit gone" are true..

Kroos vs Pogba. No doubt LVG will be watching, wonder if Kroos could impress the manager enough to make him change his mind.

I've still got that hope. A midfield comprising of Kroos, Herrera and a fit Strootman is outragous beyond belief. Strootman the holding prescence, Kroos the controlling influence, Herrera the marauding CM.

*drools*

Not exactly the size to be a marauding midfielder ala Yaya?? but could work
    and Kagawa, Depay and Janujaz to back that front 6 :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

*drools*

OT but I fancy the French tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Kevin Palmer ✔ @kpsundayworld

Looks like the rumors of "LVG want's ManUtd misfit gone" are true..

"I don't have to prove anything"? That speaks to me of an attitude problem. You're only as good as your last match, nobody in any line of work should be making a statement like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

"I don't have to prove anything"? That speaks to me of an attitude problem. You're only as good as your last match, nobody in any line of work should be making a statement like that.

Be doing well to get 15m for him

• Advertisement

The French look much more assured in what they are doing alright. And having a recognised striker leading the line makes such a difference.

Germany just seem to be out of ideas when they are in the final third, as there is no-one really taking command of that front line by making runs etc. Muller seems to occasionally latch onto stuff.

Gotze btw has been a massive dissapointment and hasn't turned into the player I thought he would. He's been pretty woeful this tournament so far, providing little to nothing offensively.

You can see how much they much the more direct and pacey Reus and an inform striker. Have to say thought it weird they didn't take KeiBling.

Germany are my tournament team though, so be cheering them on :D

brinty wrote: »
    Not exactly the size to be a marauding midfielder ala Yaya?? but could work
    and Kagawa, Depay and Janujaz to back that front 6 :rolleyes:

When I think marauding I think relentless up and back attack attack attack. He seems to have the stamina and drive to just constantly keep going, especially with someone in behind him doing the dirty work.

When I think marauding I think relentless up and back attack attack attack. He seems to have the stamina and drive to just constantly keep going, especially with someone in behind him doing the dirty work.

Fair point, for me its someone like Yaya that can run through people and is almost impossible to stop ;)
    i think in a 3 of ander-vidal-strootman all 3 could be interchangable and do the defensive and offensive owrk

Quotes from Kroos just now saying he has not agreed a deal with anyone and don't be making a decision on his future until he is finished with the world cup...so anything remotely linking him with somewhere is false.

Seemed to indicate offers have been made to his agent but he has left strict instructions not to be informed of them until he is done in Brazil.

Plenty of twists left in this one IMO. Feels increasingly likely he will leave Bayern. Which is mental....

brinty wrote: »
    Fair point, for me its someone like Yaya that can run through people and is almost impossible to stop ;)
    i think in a 3 of ander-vidal-strootman all 3 could be interchangable and do the defensive and offensive owrk

I know I'm in the isolated position of my opinion but I'd whole heartedly prefer Kroos to Vidal. He could be gotten for less and enticed with a nice signing on fee and wage.

He's such a calm and controlling presence that links everything up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,342 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Quotes from Kroos just now saying he has not agreed a deal with anyone and don't be making a decision on his future until he is finished with the world cup...so anything remotely linking him with somewhere is false.

Seemed to indicate offers have been made to his agent but he has left strict instructions not to be informed of them until he is done in Brazil.

Plenty of twists left in this one IMO. Feels increasingly likely he will leave Bayern. Which is mental....
    Or he is lying.

Or he is lying.

True, I'm always fishy of pretty much anything anyone says in football, but somtimes you need to take it at face value.

The unfortunate truth is that he has probably listened on in envy as Khadera and Ozil talked about Real Madrid over the last few years.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 139 ✭✭HaveASnickers

Kroos can be poor enough at times, can go missing. Vidal would always stand out imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

if di maria is 40m anyone fancy Griezmann at less than half that price?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭davemckenna25

Why do people talk of Herrera as small. He's 6 ft. Bulk up a little more and won't be easy to push off the ball!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

I'd have Vidal over Kroos every time myself. Vidal is more complete as a midfielder. Vidal is like Robson/Keane. Kroos is more of a Scholes, but without the occasionally cynical tackle.

Kroos can be poor enough at times, can go missing. Vidal would always stand out imo.

He's definitly not an all out action CM, he is very much reserved and provides the platform to make things happen. He is ALWAYS there to take a pass, and is always moving the ball. If things arnt happening, they just slide it back to him and he presses a reset button and they go again.

But you can actually see the way he passes, he might hit a few short sideways ones, but he's head up looking for movement and then bang fires a throughball catching defenders unaware. It's a brilliant little technique, keep an eye out for it if your watching the match tonight.

I havn't seen lots of Vidal, but from what I have he looks to cover the ground forward with his own movement, Kroos does it with a pass

I think what KRoos might lack from people is a "dominating" presence. Like he controls games frequently, but it doesn't appear he is. Where as someone like Vidal has a very visible aggression to his game

He's still relatively young and I think it will grow more as he ages, as he realises he is pretty much the tempo setting for the team he's playing in. I don't think he fully understands that yet.

He sometimes falls into lethargic spells of possesion and you notice the entire team slows down in what they are doing, but when he kicks through the gears and starts moving faster and firing passes faster, you can visibly see Bayern, more notcably Germany, kick up through the gears aswell.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 139 ✭✭HaveASnickers

I don't want us to sign Di Maria.

Not because I don't rate him, but because I don't think we need to spend 40m pounds on a player like that. Sanchez for 25-30 million would do the job nicely.

Also perhaps the 20m for Hummells included Shinji aswell? I think his time is coming to an end. No more excuses like "It's not his fault the other players aren't at the same level as him" line. He hasn't delivered where as players in the same position with similar styles (Ozil, Silva,Mata) have all produced more than him.

bangkok wrote: »
    if di maria is 40m anyone fancy Griezmann at less than half that price?

I expect we will see him tonight starting instead of Giroud, with Benzema through the middle.

F365 had him as a "one to watch" before the start of the WC and he hasn't disappointed.

Have to say not really sold on Di Maria at that money. Assuming the intention is to play him on the left of the middle bank of three, with the option of moving into the forward bank of three, I think that is something Kagawa could do, and hope might get to see.

I'd like to see Kagawa getting a runout on the left side of the middle 3, assuming 4-3-3 is where we are going and its a flat three. If its more of the two CM's infront of a DM with wingbacks giving the width, would still like Kagawa getting a go in there beside Herrera.

He has an incredible football brain, and while he needs to setup and start showing his qualities, could provide a lovely link to the front three.

The French look much more assured in what they are doing alright. And having a recognised striker leading the line makes such a difference.

Germany just seem to be out of ideas when they are in the final third, as there is no-one really taking command of that front line by making runs etc. Muller seems to occasionally latch onto stuff.

Gotze btw has been a massive dissapointment and hasn't turned into the player I thought he would. He's been pretty woeful this tournament so far, providing little to nothing offensively.

You can see how much they much the more direct and pacey Reus and an inform striker. Have to say thought it weird they didn't take KeiBling.

Germany are my tournament team though, so be cheering them on :D

I just think Loew has made some bizzare decisions.

In the group it was working well Goetze playing off Muller. Then in the last 16 Muller looked to be on the wing and Goetze on the bench and they couldn't create anything in the final third.

Then his decision to pl\y cb's in full back positions and Lahm a world class full back playing in midfield taking Khedeira's role is puzzling to me.

I think Germany are the better side but France have been more impressive.

• Advertisement

I think Kagawa from the left can work with a midfield who can get the ball forward to him. Mata, Kagawa and Rooney have been poor because they have to drop deep to receive the ball. Getting Herrera and a good midfielder beside him will make a huge difference leaving the attackers further forward where they are at there best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

Vidal story getting alot of heat on Twitter, some saying Juve will accept €40 mill

All this time I thought Herrera was a DM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,776 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

yermandan wrote: »
    Vidal story getting alot of heat on Twitter, some saying Juve will accept €40

I'd buy him myself at that price. Reckon he'd be any good at tag rugby?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,371 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

That would actually be a very fair price for all involved.

Just get Sanchez for 25 and it would be an acceptable summer so far :p

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement