Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Notes in OP,22/7

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

yermandan wrote: »
    Vidal story getting alot of heat on Twitter, some saying Juve will accept €40 mill

Gazzetta dello Sport are the ones saying Juve will take €40M.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Deiseboy01

Why do people talk of Herrera as small. He's 6 ft. Bulk up a little more and won't be easy to push off the ball!!

He's a Spanish six foot which is only 5' 8"!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

TheDoc wrote: »
    I expect we will see him tonight starting instead of Giroud, with Benzema through the middle.

F365 had him as a "one to watch" before the start of the WC and he hasn't disappointed.

Have to say not really sold on Di Maria at that money. Assuming the intention is to play him on the left of the middle bank of three, with the option of moving into the forward bank of three, I think that is something Kagawa could do, and hope might get to see.

I'd like to see Kagawa getting a runout on the left side of the middle 3, assuming 4-3-3 is where we are going and its a flat three. If its more of the two CM's infront of a DM with wingbacks giving the width, would still like Kagawa getting a go in there beside Herrera.

He has an incredible football brain, and while he needs to setup and start showing his qualities, could provide a lovely link to the front three.

without doubt he will start, the giroud experiment didn't work out the last game, they are much more balanced side with Greizmann in the side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Kroos can be poor enough at times, can go missing. Vidal would always stand out imo.

every player can be poor at times including Vidal. Europa league semi final he was very poor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

€40 million, £31 million?

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,341 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I don't want us to sign Di Maria.

Not because I don't rate him, but because I don't think we need to spend 40m pounds on a player like that. Sanchez for 25-30 million would do the job nicely.

Also perhaps the 20m for Hummells included Shinji aswell? I think his time is coming to an end. No more excuses like "It's not his fault the other players aren't at the same level as him" line. He hasn't delivered where as players in the same position with similar styles (Ozil, Silva,Mata) have all produced more than him.
    I'd say Di Maria would be of more use though - Can play wide, but has shown for Madrid he can play through the centre creatively.

I think Sanchez would only really work for us as a forward, he would be wasted as a more conventional winger.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Anyone have some good chants for our new arrivals?

I have one,

Herr-er-a
    Wo-oa-oa-oa
    Herr-er-a
    Wo-oa-oa-oa
    He comes from Spain
    He'll fcuking murder ya!

Anyone else with other good ones?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭Sirsok

FutureGuy wrote: »

I have one,

Herr-er-a
    Wo-oa-oa-oa
    Herr-er-a
    Wo-oa-oa-oa
    He comes from Spain
    He'll fcuking murder ya!

Would be better if you had Espana instead of Spain!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

Its mad to think Juventus pay Pogba and Vidal a combined salary of £3.65M and United pay Ashley Young £6M to sit on the bench.

Frustrating alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Its mad to think Juventus pay Pogba and Vidal a combined salary of £3.65M and United pay Ashley Young £6M to sit on the bench.

Frustrating alright

Judge Ashley Young

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

I have one,

Herr-er-a
    Wo-oa-oa-oa
    Herr-er-a
    Wo-oa-oa-oa
    He comes from Spain
    He'll fcuking murder ya!

Herreras f*cking magic, he wears a magic hat, and when he saw old trafford he said I fancy that, he didnt sign for arsenal or blackburn because their ****e he signed for Man Utd bos were F*cking dynamite!!

Delighted I came up with that one, not normally that creative :cool:

I have one,

Herr-er-a
    Wo-oa-oa-oa
    Herr-er-a
    Wo-oa-oa-oa
    He comes from Spain
    He'll fcuking murder ya!

Ander Herrera, Ander Herrera,
    Running up and down the pitch.
    Ander Herrera, Ander Herrera,
    He's gonna make you his little bit__

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Woah-oh-oh It's Ander, you knooowwwwww, can't believe it's not Scholes Cleverly.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Frustrating alright

But most United fans are happy to see the bench being kept warmed by Young...

I'd say Di Maria would be of more use though - Can play wide, but has shown for Madrid he can play through the centre creatively.

I think Sanchez would only really work for us as a forward, he would be wasted as a more conventional winger.

Sign Di Maria if possible, one can imagine the headaches LvG will have deciding should I play Angel or Ashley...

Though one would think Ashley might be off somewhere else if di Maria was signed...we can dream.

RobertKK wrote: »
    Sign Di Maria if possible, one can imagine the headaches LvG will have deciding should I play Angel or Ashley...

Though one would think Ashley might be off somewhere else if di Maria was signed...we can dream.

One might think he should be shipped off regardless!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 139 ✭✭HaveASnickers

I can see Vidal coming for sure and the fee not being outrageous (in around 35m)

It's the same with Di Maria. Real apparantly want to fund James' buy and Juve want to switch from a 5-3-2 to 4-3-3 so they need to sell to fund the personnel change. The ball is in Utds court as both teams know about Utds spending spree this summer.

This thread will have Vidal as a Man Utd player I feel. I would think it would take a meeting between Vidal and LVG to seal the deal so after the WC I think we'll see movement.

Vidic having his first day at Inter.

I know I am in a minority, of maybe 1, but I'm pissed off with him. One bad, utterly unenjoyable season under Moyes and he jumps ship before it is through (a decision he apparently regretted mid/late April, apparently).

He should have been stripped of the captaincy and his starting spot as soon as he signed for Inter.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

We didn't have much choice about his place in the team due to injuries, but agree 100% on the armband point! as I have mentioned before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

I know I am in a minority, of maybe 1, but I'm pissed off with him. One bad, utterly unenjoyable season under Moyes and he jumps ship before it is through (a decision he apparently regretted mid/late April, apparently).

He should have been stripped of the captaincy and his starting spot as soon as he signed for Inter.

Move over, I'm joining you. I agree.

Frustrating alright

Sick of these type of posts about Ashley Young.

120k a week apparantly. Nani (for instance) was on 90k a week on his old deal and was looking for a bump up. Young has contributed far more to Utd the last couple of seasons than Nani. I don't care if he was injured, if we're complaining about wages than injury doesn't matter.

He has given his all, scored a few goals, won a few vital penalties (we were struggling to break down Palace at home until he won the peno) and he's better than Kagawa on the left (imo).

Then you don't know what clauses are in his contract. It could be a straight 120k a week where as Nani (for instance) apparantly was looking for 30k appearance fee as well.

30-40k difference in wages a week doesn't bother me at all.

Corrielllo Dello Sport (spelling?) saying Juve would accept 40m EUR for Vidal from us, surely a no brainer and exact figure seems like a leak to press to me

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saxo

Depay would be a good buy if we were to use 4-3-3, he'd only cost half the price of Di Maria and he already knows what Van Gaal would want from him. Let Mata play behind him, RvP and Rooney with Herrera and Vidal alongside, that would be a very good team.

120k a week apparantly. Nani (for instance) was on 90k a week on his old deal and was looking for a bump up. Young has contributed far more to Utd the last couple of seasons than Nani. I don't care if he was injured, if we're complaining about wages than injury doesn't matter.

He has given his all, scored a few goals, won a few vital penalties (we were struggling to break down Palace at home until he won the peno) and he's better than Kagawa on the left (imo).

Then you don't know what clauses are in his contract. It could be a straight 120k a week where as Nani (for instance) apparantly was looking for 30k appearance fee as well.

I would also guess a good portion of that wage for Young could be his signing on fee spread out over the length of his contract.

Sirsok wrote: »
    Would be better if you had Espana instead of Spain!

• Advertisement

I would also guess a good portion of that wage for Young could be his signing on fee spread out over the length of his contract.

That's not something I've ever heard of before tbh, would it be a common thing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

I'm with you 100% on that. As soon as he jumped he should of lost the captaincy.

Never heard that this was a thing either!

Reading into wages too much does no good.

Get Vidal, get di Maria, along with Herrera, Mata, Hernandez and de Gea, we would have a good Spanish speaking section to the team.

Al Capwned wrote: »
    That's not something I've ever heard of before tbh, would it be a common thing?
    I don't know, it might not be. Maybe clubs do give players millions in cash up front. My impression is the signing on fee doubles as a 'loyalty' bonus - so it is spread over the duration of the contract, but I could be completely wrong. Thoguht I had re that re. Young too, but maybe not. I can't be arsed researching it.

• Advertisement

Holding another teams jersey while you're still the captain was shocking.

Himself and Ferdinand let the club down the last year.

That 30 or 40k a week could mean the difference in signing a world class player, or having him going to another club because of the wages on offer.
    So it's perfectly understandable that people are pissed with the obscene wages that Ashley Young is on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,995 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

But most United fans are happy to see the bench being kept warmed by Young...

Who are all these fans who are happy to see Young sit on the bench.

100% agreed. The worst thing that the captain or our club could have done to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Im happy to see him sit on the bench and not playing, I'll donate 20 euro a week if valencia would join him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

I dont think he left because of 1 bad season. He had 7 fantastic seasons previous to it. He could gone about the Inter business better and I agree about the captaincy. He's 32 now and is on the wrong side of a cruciate knee injury and was never the best 1v1 against a pacy forward. A slower paced Serie A will suit him down to the ground. He'll go down as 1 of Utds best ever CB's and I for 1 wish him all the best in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Agreed its almost worse even, a guy gets 120 grand a week to show up for training

The same ones who don't want to see him being brought on and would rather if he was getting games elsewhere.

Al Capwned wrote: »
    That 30 or 40k a week could mean the difference in signing a world class player, or having him going to another club because of the wages on offer.
    So it's perfectly understandable that people are pissed with the obscene wages that Ashley Young is on.

I'm talking about at players at Utd.

Welbeck is on 75k a week and DDG is on 70k. Do you hear anyone complaining about Welbeck getting more than DDG? Fletcher, 80k a week for someone who has barely played, Fellaini is on 90k apparantly too. Is he worth 20k a week more than DDG?

Moyes was 6 million a year, LVG is 5.6 million.

Yet all I see when wages are talked about is "And Ashley Young gets 120k..."

I've read he does a lot of charity work with that money too.

Vidic has been rumored to have stayed for years despite his wife wanting to move from England.

He was a hero and a leader and played a huge part in the clubs recent success. The man many times thrown himself at balls which could injure himself where others would turn away.

He is what 33 and United are building a new team so who can blame him for moving for one last pay day in a lovely City.

He handled it poorly but not as poor as that fool Ferdinand who is an embarrassment. I personally wish him all the best he will be badly missed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

I don't give a **** what he does with his money. He's an arsehole and dosn't deserve a cent. At least when Fletcher plays he's some use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I'veeee goootttttt
    Kroos! Kroos! Kroos!
    Splitting balls to little Pea
    To the left
    To the right
    Such a pretty pretty sight

I've got
    Kroos! Kroos! Kroos!
    Interchanging with Naniiii
    To the left
    To the right
    Jose gets a fearful fright!

Now we just need Kroos..

MagicIRL wrote: »
    I don't give a **** what he does with his money. He's an arsehole and dosn't deserve a cent. At least when Fletcher plays he's some use.

He isn't an arsehole though. He is, apparently, a really nice guy. RedIssue (though they also hate him playing for United) have him as one of the most popular people at the club.

His talent and application can be questioned, but to call him an arsehole is way too much, imo.

The same ones who don't want to see him being brought on and would rather if he was getting games elsewhere.

I think the majority of United fans would prefer if he was not at the club because of his wages.

I'm talking about at players at Utd.

Welbeck is on 75k a week and DDG is on 70k. Do you hear anyone complaining about Welbeck getting more than DDG? Fletcher, 80k a week for someone who has barely played, Fellaini is on 90k apparantly too. Is he worth 20k a week more than DDG?

Moyes was 6 million a year, LVG is 5.6 million.

Yet all I see when wages are talked about is "And Ashley Young gets 120k..."

I've read he does a lot of charity work with that money too.

I'm sure he's a lovely lad, but it doesn't matter what he does with it.

__
    I've no argument with you, but...
    Did you not say that you weren't too bothered that Young is getting 30 or 40k more than Nani for example.
    Now, is it not conceivable to you that there may be a finite budget available to United for wages. If Ashley Young is taking up 30 or 40k more than he should be in that budget, that money is then unavailable to use as part of a salary for any prospective signing.

My post said it "could mean the difference". It could. It may not always be for that specific reason, but it pisses people off - they are entitled to be pissed off...

I think the majority of United fans would prefer if he was not at the club because of his wages.

Really? I would have thought it far more likely down to performances and diving, rather than wages. Personally I don't give a sh1t what we are paying, i'm annoyed that we are paying him at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Yeah for me it has nothing to do with Young's cost more so his play. I find him frustrating to watch at times and his dives can be fairly annoying too. I don't think he's good enough to be playing with united and would love us to sell him...but then again maybe I just don't like the guy and it's clouding my judgement :P

Really? I would have thought it far more likely down to performances and diving, rather than wages. Personally I don't give a sh1t what we are paying, i'm annoyed that we are paying him at all!

Yeah.

Wages is one thing, diving is another, his overall performances are not good enough for United.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

WTF?:eek:

You should be ashamed of yourself.

Vidic deserved his transfer as much as Schmeichel did (and he went on to play for City ffs). Fact is his performances were dipping badly and I'm actually glad he left with his reputation at the club intact.

Just rememember that apart from being a great defender he never embarrassed the club, he never missed a drugs test, shagged someone else's wife, was banned for racism, bit anyone or used a birthday cake as an excuse to leave the club.

To get pissed off with him for moving on at this stage is just selfish.

I have nothing but thanks for him and I wish him all the best.

• Advertisement

Vidic has been rumored to have stayed for years despite his wife wanting to move from England.

He was a hero and a leader and played a huge part in the clubs recent success. The man many times thrown himself at balls which could injure himself where others would turn away.

He is what 33 and United are building a new team so who can blame him for moving for one last pay day in a lovely City.

He handled it poorly but not as poor as that fool Ferdinand who is an embarrassment. I personally wish him all the best he will be badly missed.

How did Rio handle it poorly? He wanted to stay.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement