Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Notes in OP,22/7

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,049 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Anything above seventh will be seen as a step forward. Top four will be the aim and hopes.

Utd were champions 2 years ago and now with a tactical genius in charge, he has to be challenging.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

And now to cap off the night with 7 hours of UFC coverage. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

IF YOU SPOIL THE UFC I WILL HURT SOMEBODY.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,049 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    Hes winding you up badly judging by your laughable comments on both threads. Relax kid! World Cup only comes round every 4 years. You have the next 4 years to hate on United when it's over

I like holland. I'd like to see kuyt win a World Cup. Very under rated player. Are utd twined with holland or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

niallo27 wrote: »
    Utd were champions 2 years ago and now with a tactical genius in charge, he has to be challenging.

HAHA-GIF.gif

Good effort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

TheTownie wrote: »

thank you for reminding me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

MagicIRL wrote: »

The Undertaker gets steel chaired by his brother who we all thought was dead for the last 17 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Have to be up at 8 for a family event..staying off FB TWITTER and Boards till i can watch the event tomorrow -_-

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

ElChe32 wrote: »
    Have to be up at 8 for a family event..staying off FB TWITTER and Boards till i can watch the event tomorrow -_-

Up tomorrow for training, driving practice, home, UFC spam, internet. God's speed one and all, God's speed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

TheTownie wrote: »

I shouldn't stay up and watch it considering Ive Junior b championship tomorrow but that would be no craic :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,637 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

niallo27 wrote: »

I personally believe we will be. I believe last year was an abnormality.

At the same time, I think we have to have realistic expectations. We have a new manager coming in after our worst ever season, with multiple players to blend into the squad.

Expectations are not limits. Would rather hope low and be pleasantly surprised, than set stupidly high expectations and get frustrated with second cause I wanted first....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

LVG is the Don

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭adox

The last 3 pages have made a very enjoyable evenings football even sweeter. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,713 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I personally believe we will be. I believe last year was an abnormality.

At the same time, I think we have to have realistic expectations. We have a new manager coming in after our worst ever season, with multiple players to blend into the squad.

Expectations are not limits. Would rather hope low and be pleasantly surprised, than set stupidly high expectations and get frustrated with second cause I wanted first....

You also have to consider Moyes destroyed the team. It will take LVG time to get the teams confidence back and rebuild the team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,247 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

I shouldn't stay up and watch it considering Ive Junior b championship tomorrow but that would be no craic :pac:
    copper its junior b not senior stay up and watch it lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Where it gets interesting is;

Who starts the semi?
    The keeper who's confidence is likely dented?

Also worth mentioning, 1 of the 2 penos he saves was a shocking peno.

Yep, Cillessen's fcuked. Look at him, he couldn't even....
    Oh....

6e3eab4929611c96888f442e71cabe3c.gif

___

Personally think it was an amazingly brave call for a manager, and obviously a GK coach to make.
    That GK coach? Frans Hoek.

Yep, he's coming with van Gaal too. We're in good shape.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

It's great to have a manager that strikes such fear into the enemy again. He hasn't even taken a training session yet and they're dribbling all over themselves in panic. :)

copper its junior b not senior stay up and watch it lol

We take our Junior B very seriously! We were training at 8 this morning :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

and your teammates are now in the pub :pac: good luck tomorrow though

• Advertisement

NTMK wrote: »
    and your teammates are now in the pub :pac: good luck tomorrow though

Win lose or draw, pub after ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RichFTW

Al Capwned wrote: »
    Yep, Cillessen's fcuked. Look at him, he couldn't even....
    Oh....

___

Personally think it was an amazingly brave call for a manager, and obviously a GK coach to make.
    That GK coach? Frans Hoek.

Yep, he's coming with van Gaal too. We're in good shape.

A shell of his former self. Poor guy couldn't even bring himself to jump in the air before he ran on the pitch.

Liverpool fans are just bitter now that Suarez is closer to a move and also because they have been linked with Bertrand too! Realising LVG is going to make United a lot stronger next year only adds to this I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Rival fans everywhere are pissing and moaning about our manager again. This makes me extremely happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

adox wrote: »
    The last 3 pages have made a very enjoyable evenings football even sweeter. :D

It has been a serious case of..

46156_hythddh.jpg

And it really does make it all the sweeter alright.:D

Rival fans everywhere are pissing and moaning about our manager again. This makes me extremely happy.

We literally couldn't ask for a better reaction. It speaks volumes.

Delicious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,247 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

really??? You know i am on the windup good luck tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

This, over winning the league title. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,862 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

522f2fbeada2d-Gaaljuichen.gif

that is all

In Cavan there was a great fire / Judge McCarthy was sent to inquire / It would be a shame / If the nuns were to blame / So it had to be caused by a wire.

Quandary wrote: »
    Title challenge talk is seriously premature considering the changes going in at the club IMO.

Getting back into the top 4 on the other hand should be very achievable.

GTFO. We are United. 21 or bust.

In Cavan there was a great fire / Judge McCarthy was sent to inquire / It would be a shame / If the nuns were to blame / So it had to be caused by a wire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Lvg is gonna take out Valencia and cleverley and replace them with his balls and we are gonna win everything next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

ninja900 wrote: »
    GTFO. We are United. 21 or bust.

The 1970s and 80s says hello

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Can see now why LVG has had so many fallings out at previous clubs. He does a lot of ratcheting up the pressure and drawing attention to himself. Looks like there's a lot of egotism about him. It's all fairly entertaining so it doesn't bother me. In the end all I care about is that he gets the team playing good football and winning.

Don't remind me. But Moyes didn't send us back to the 70s in one season. Top four is just first, second and third loser. If we're not aiming to win the league with a manager like LvG and substantial (and much overdue) investment in the squad, what are the excuses? We may not succeed but that should be the aim.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

greendom wrote: »
    The 1970s and 80s says hello

That must be terrible for you, being an Arsenal fan stuck in the '70s and '80s.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭cizolin

Lvg is gonna take out Valencia and cleverley and replace them with his balls and we are gonna win everything next year.

Balls counts for alot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Ronda Rousey first round armbar victory Magic....wwwwwhhhhooopppps

United to win the title and the Parade to be where moyes is managing. Gonna throw a 50 on it for the title

Would saf have those balls?

**** moyes and his Bull****. I wish lvg was 20 years younger

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Montroseee

United to win the title and the Parade to be where moyes is managing. Gonna throw a 50 on it for the title

Would saf have those balls?

**** moyes and his Bull****. I wish lvg was 20 years younger

Give Moyes a fcking break. He tried his best, it didn't work out. Only a top level manager can manage UTD. as we have seen, it's no bloody shame that he wasn't able to successfully do it. To say a parade should be where Moyes is next managing is stupidity, he's not an enemy so wish him well.

I was doing some hard-nosed investigative work earlier (I tweeted Miguel Delaney do we have a chance at getting Vidal and he replied)
    Miguel Delaney ‏@MiguelDelaney 3m
    @ThatSeanKennedy yes, I do. (Don't take that as he's going). He would go though.

I know a few in here don't like him (I do anyway) but that's beside the point anyway because as FutureGuy would say....

We're not signing Vidal.

Montroseee wrote: »
    Give Moyes a fcking break. He tried his best, it didn't work out. Only a top level manager can manage UTD. as we have seen, it's no bloody shame that he wasn't able to successfully do it. To say a parade should be where Moyes is next managing is stupidity, he's not an enemy so wish him well.

I was pro moyes until last month. Then I have been comparing him to lvg.

Ya moyes was sound but gaal is so much better.

Moyes is the lad you don't mind shagging your x but would be pissed if gaal did it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

LVG would shag your wife and shag you aswell after, just because he can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I love Van Gaal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,954 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Caught the second half of the game today. LVG is some man. He radiates confidence. Loved the little laugh and smile he had for Huntelaar when he was coming in on.
    The keeper substitution was very good. Goes to show how in depth the preparation is and how every scenario has to be covered.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Rival forums after LVG gets hold of United be all like...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,947 ✭✭✭KH25

Montroseee wrote: »

Exactly. Moyes has always treated the club and fans with respect even after he lost the job. He deserves the same in return.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I like Moyes. I wish him all the very best.

But it's fantastic to see the positive decisions that LVG is willing to make in order to win a game. Too many times last year, United whimpered to defeat without taking any risk. I remember Moyes brought on Rio with a few minutes to go when we needed a goal. You kinda knew that , at 2-1 down with 5 minutes to go, there would be no major comeback.

I don't expect miracles in the first season but the fixtures gave landed nicely do who knows. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,757 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I like Moyes too. It is not like he intentionally went about making a mess of things, he did alright in the champions league. He was out of his depth, messed up by a poor transfer window whether it was himself and/or Ed at fault.

He comes across as a very decent man, and that makes him likeable for me. I could understand the dislike for him on a personal basis if he was a horrible person, but he is a good man and the job was too big for him, which may be down to the transfer window and relying on the old squad. I think most people liked who he wanted - Herrera, Kroos, got us Mata. Got Januzaj tied down.

None of us like how it turned out in the league under Moyes, Moyes himself didn't either and he paid the price for it.
    I wish Moyes every success in his future managing roles. He earned his money at United given all the pressure he had to endure when things didn't go as he had wanted.
    It was not a nice position to be in, but sometimes things happen for a reason, we ended up with the new United manager in a world cup semi final giving us great joy and a team to really support.
    It has added to the world cup for me, it is kinda like United are playing but it is not United, but it is a country and but it is not Ireland and I so want the Netherlands to win.

In the end, things have worked out great for United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

10447858_10152189744206121_4063377389663243533_n.jpg

Keno wrote: »
    GENIUS

media_xl_1384546.jpg

Looks like he is practising for July 12th in that pic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Saturday night thread madness.....the poor mods.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 139 ✭✭HaveASnickers

The move by LVG to bring on Krul wasn't "genius" or it didn't show he had massive balls. It wasn't a spur of the moment thing, this was a planned move before the tournament I believe. It's logical...you have a GK who's **** at penalties, you sub him for someone who's less ****. If LVG believed Cillesen was poor at penalties than it would have been stupid NOT to sub him. I believe it was the GK coach who made this decision pre tournament.

All the talk about LVG reacting to a game and changing tactics to suit, how about getting the tactics right at the start, then you won't need to go a goal down....you can't win every game from behind. It's a bit like the defenders making last ditch tackles that make them look great. If you were in position you wouldn't need to make a last ditch tackle. Mourinho gets his tactics spot on from the beginning, doesn't give the other team a sniff. Costa Rica aren't world beaters and he could easily have lost.

We HAVE to be challenging for the title...this team won the league 2 years ago. Forget Moyes...he can't be judged on Moyes 7th place. The investment requires that he challenges for the league.

I have faith in LVG though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement