Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Notes in OP,22/7

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

py2006 wrote: »
    Hi all, my first post in the soccer forum! :-p

Really exciting times for Man Utd fans.

lvgfyjt4.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Blatter wrote: »

I'm nearly 99% sure that he ends up at Real. The same guy that said that Cole was talking to Roma has said that Vidal's agent has been talking to Real Madrid. Most of the Italian press seem to be carrying the interest from us and also that he'd like to play for us but prefers Real Madrid. Hopefully this James Rodriguez nonsense ruins Real Madrid's summer.

It's a pity only Jackson is reporting it as he seemed to have gotten a slap on the wrist over the last month after the Kroos stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

glued wrote: »
    I'm nearly 99% sure that he ends up at Real. The same guy that said that Cole was talking to Roma has said that Vidal's agent has been talking to Real Madrid. Most of the Italian press seem to be carrying the interest from us and also that he'd like to play for us but prefers Real Madrid. Hopefully this James Rodriguez nonsense ruins Real Madrid's summer.

It's a pity only Jackson is reporting it as he seemed to have gotten a slap on the wrist over the last month after the Kroos stuff.
    surely after buying kroos real wont be after another major cm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Italian journalist saying we made contact a few weeks ago with Juve, and haven't done anything since making contact again today but Juve don't want to sell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Welcome to the madhouse! :cool:

Here's ten simple ground rules to get started.

1) Nani, Welbeck, Fellaini and Cleverly are all shít. We've been around that course far too many times.

2) Instead of responding to Liverpool fans (Who have already started entering the thread post-Krulmageddon last night), simply quote the poster and choose an applicable gif. I recommend http://www.reactiongifs.com/ for your finest selection of images.

3) Andrea Pirlo is beauty. Not beautiful, beauty itself. He personifies the word. No matter his cost he should always be purchased and played at United. Despite never playing for United, he is a United legend.

4) Andrea-Pirlo-Wine.jpg

5) Future Guy has magical powers when it comes to predicting who we'll sign.

6) The Kew Tour KNOWWWWWWWWWWS. He won't tell, but he knows.

7) Anyone who pretends to be 'In the Know' in the thread deserves to be ridiculed as such.

8) Big Dave (de Gea) and (The Chosen) Juan Mata are to be admired for everything they do. We'll add Ander Herrera to this list in due course.

9) When in doubt: Bébé.

10. Have fun in here and welcome aboard!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

^ ^ ^

92856_tumblr_inline_mg17fuLBlg1rs.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭KH25

We're being linked with James Rodriguez for 65million.

http://www.thescore.com/epl/news/533301

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

KH25 wrote: »
    We're being linked with James Rodriguez for 65million.

http://www.thescore.com/epl/news/533301

He claimed the PL was too physical. Man, Louis ain't got no time for sissy boys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

God its getting exciting, signing after signing.

who next? who knows, buts it terrific anticipation

images%2Farticle%2F2014%2F07%2F02%2FAbed_smiling.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,595 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

God its getting exciting, signing after signing.

who next? who knows, buts it terrific anticipation

images%2Farticle%2F2014%2F07%2F02%2FAbed_smiling.gif

Dammit what do you know!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Sounds like a complicated transfer to get done. Juventus (quite rightly) have slapped a big price tag on the player. United want to shift some unwanted players (Nani, Evra) as part of the deal. If Juventus are open to that, there will be talks with those players about the length of their contracts and the wages.
    Dammit what do you know!!!

Im just a believer in the Iron Tulip.

Ed wont let us down.

FutureGuy wrote: »

Just to make it clear, I was only making comment on a tabloid story that was doing the rounds. Trying to make sense of it.
    If it is true, then there's two clubs, three players and three agents involved. I would think that would be complicated and take time.
    I'll have an imperious boner if it happens :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Im just a believer in the Iron Tulip.

Ed wont let us down.

I get that you won't tell us, but please confirm whether his favoured position is CM or not :(:(:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Fairly random game against Arsenal, in his Everton days.
    He's no Vidal. But to say this guy is Championship level, or that he can't play football, is just lazy. And wrong.

I'll bow out of this debate now.

Couldn't agree more, this place and everyone in this thread was crying out for fergie to sign him 18 months ago. He's often destroyed us and dominated many a midfield battles in the premiership against many of the top teams.

People are judging him on a season where Moyes couldn't win an argument with a dummy, the guy was shot of confidence. If this world cup was 24 months ago and Fellani was tearing it up at Everton I'd safely say we'd be saying different. You can't judge a player who has zero confidence.

He wasn't terrible for belgium he wasn't even the worst player on the pitch, he doesn't fly under the radar due to his afro, but my god there were some shocking performances in the belgium team not least of all his. Hazzard couldn't pass sideways yesterday but again people get brainwashed with the media and fail to come to any conclusion of their own.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Lukas Steegman? haha

Someone with a ninja edit in here was there??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

You'll learn to love this when you need something to cheer you up: https://twitter.com/RAWK_Meltdown?original_referer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.redcafe.net%2Fthreads%2Frawk-goes-into-meltdown-2013-14.372218%2Fpage-126&tw_i=485734578339209217&tw_p=tweetembed

Steegaman Strootman close enough;)

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    I get that you won't tell us, but please confirm whether his favoured position is CM or not :(:(:(

CM, wingers and CB.

The whole shabang

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

lordgoat wrote: »
    Lukas Steegman? haha

Someone with a ninja edit in here was there??

Twas a bit of a hoax it seems, no such player! Ha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

CM, wingers and CB.

The whole shabang
    really??

So glad seeing the club making a statement of intent with our dealings with recruiting

zerks wrote: »

Interesting if true.

lORW5Qo.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

CM, wingers and CB.

The whole shabang

Jonah-Hill-Success-Phone-Call-In-Moneyball.gif

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Larry Wildman

Couldn't agree more, this place and everyone in this thread was crying out for fergie to sign him 18 months ago. He's often destroyed us and dominated many a midfield battles in the premiership against many of the top teams.

People are judging him on a season where Moyes couldn't win an argument with a dummy, the guy was shot of confidence. If this world cup was 24 months ago and Fellani was tearing it up at Everton I'd safely say we'd be saying different. You can't judge a player who has zero confidence.

He wasn't terrible for belgium he wasn't even the worst player on the pitch, he doesn't fly under the radar due to his afro, but my god there were some shocking performances in the belgium team not least of all his. Hazzard couldn't pass sideways yesterday but again people get brainwashed with the media and fail to come to any conclusion of their own.

Sorry, but that's wrong on so many levels.

The Fellaini apologists cite matches that never happened. I don't recall the guy dominating midfield battles. What I do recall is a Tony Cascarino-esque Fellaini bashing people playing just off the striker and getting on the end of long balls during high tempo matches at Goodison Park with the Everton faithful baying for blood.

Fellaini is a poor player. He has a bad first touch and his control and skills are substandard. I'll freely admit that Moyes is a gent but Fellaini is far from it. He is a nasty dirty player who I don't believe has the character or quality to play for Manchester United.

I stand by my view that pound for pound (i.e. taking cost into account), he is the worst United signing I've ever seen and one of the worst players I've ever seen. The sooner he's turfed out, the better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,371 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Personnally I think United should go into preseason with just Herrera and Fletcher to play CM, like a lot of people here seemingly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

CM, wingers and CB.

The whole shabang

Well established signings or signings for the future?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I'm a KEWliever!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I'm a KEWliever!!!

Doesnt roll off the tongue like BO.

Kew change your nickame to BO please

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

MagicIRL wrote: »
    2) Instead of responding to Liverpool fans (Who have already started entering the thread post-Krulmageddon

Lol WP, Krulmageddon, I spat out my beer when I read that.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 139 ✭✭HaveASnickers

I met someone a few months ago who has met quite a few famous people. They bumped into Graham Hunter. Graham is a good friend of Darren Fletchers and Fletch told him that Moyes lost the dressing room around October. Just something interested to share I thought.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 139 ✭✭HaveASnickers

He's only managed 4 club sides and has won at least a league title with each one.

But he has had failures.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,210 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

[
    But he has had failures.

You said he hasn't been a success everywhere. While some of his jobs have ended badly, he has been a success at every club he's managed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

That youtube clip of Fellaini against Arsenal... A joke?

If thats the best there is to show his capabilities then thats it.

Half the time its a simple pass. What does he offer in CM?
    Hes only good in the box at the end of a high ball. - his only good feature.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

I'm off to bed but before I do ,ill leave you with this

De Gea

Rafael
    Evans
    Hummels
    Shaw

Herrera
    Vidal

Rooney
    Mata
    J Rodriquez---

Rvp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

De Gea

Rafael
    Evans
    Hummels
    Shaw

Herrera
    Vidal

Rooney
    Mata
    J Rodriquez---

Rvp

Thats a dream, you're in bed already asleep by the looks of it !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Thats a dream, you're in bed already asleep by the looks of it !

No if I was dreaming Rooney would be dropped for A Sanchez

It wasn't the best of his capabilities. Go back and read the thread so you know the context before you continue ranting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

De Gea

Rafael
    Evans
    Hummels
    Shaw

Herrera
    Vidal

Rooney
    Mata
    J Rodriquez---

Rvp

Thanks for that.

• Advertisement

@InsideLaLiga
    Follow
    Morata agrees to join Juventus, clubs negotiating price http://www.insidespanishfootball.com/115268/morata-agrees-to-join-juventus-clubs-negotiating-price/ … #Morata #RealMadrid #Juventus

Are Juve spending the Vidal money already??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

@InsideLaLiga
    Follow

Are Juve spending the Vidal money already??

Hopefully

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

De Gea

Rafael
    Evans
    Hummels
    Shaw

Herrera
    Vidal

Rooney
    Mata
    J Rodriquez---

Rvp
    I'd say Rodriquez will head to Real Madrid but the rest looks not only likely but a pretty good side

We've put in a 'concrete' bid for Rodriguez..................the Swiss full back.

http://www.waz-online.de/Wolfsburg/WAZ-Sport/VfL-Wolfsburg/Rodriguez-Man-United-macht-Ernst

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    I'd say Rodriquez will head to Real Madrid but the rest looks not only likely but a pretty good side

Vidal and Hummels are highly unlikely IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Elko Born @Elko_B · 14h
    Until now, Albert Stuivenberg was active as a (opposition) scout for Louis van Gaal during the World Cup.

Stuivenberg will start work in Manchester immediately. Until LVG arrives, he and Ryan Giggs will be in charge of United's training sessions

According to United's website, Stuivenberg will be 'assistant coach'. I can see him in a role similar to Meulensteen under Ferguson

It's also possible Stuivenberg will act as a bridge between the academy and the first team. Van Gaal puts a lot of emphasis on youth players

Van Gaal will keep up to date with every detail of the academy. He'll want to know everything there is to know about United's prospects

A lot of managers ignore youth teams and just wait until they're told about a player who could be good for the first team. Not Van Gaal.

During the 2001 WC Van Gaal took charge of Holland u20 while he was in function as national (first) team manager. Why? Just because

As @Chriswin4 points out: gone will be the days of scattergun approach regarding loans. Van Gaal will map out a plan for Zaha, Powell, etc.

Just can't wait for the start of next season. Also for some reasons Nick Powell is out of everyone's radar. Hopefully with LVG he will develop into a beast of a CM..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

I was going to say did anyone actually look at the video. I gave up after 2 mins, everytime he won the ball he had fouled someone and completed two passes. Even in an attacking sense he won a couple of headers that he put into no man's land.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Deiseboy01

We've put in a 'concrete' bid for Rodriguez..................the Swiss full back.

http://www.waz-online.de/Wolfsburg/WAZ-Sport/VfL-Wolfsburg/Rodriguez-Man-United-macht-Ernst

Left back? Paddy on his way?

Didn't football365 have him as one to watch pre world cup?

What would he cost, can't see us paying out big money having spent 30m already on left back.

duffman13 wrote: »
    I was going to say did anyone actually look at the video. I gave up after 2 mins, everytime he won the ball he had fouled someone and completed two passes. Even in an attacking sense he won a couple of headers that he put into no man's land.

People see what they want to see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,341 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Elko Born @Elko_B · 14h

Just can't wait for the start of next season. Also for some reasons Nick Powell is out of everyone's radar. Hopefully with LVG he will develop into a beast of a CM..

Remember reading a few weeks back that one of Giggs' main rolls will be to monitor the academy and U21 side, and report to LVG on any player deserving of first team recognition - with United/LVG keen to avoid repeating any mistakes made with Morrison and Pogba.

On the Rodriguez bid - fantastic player, but can't see us brining him in as a backup option, so I would be surprised if we were after him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,341 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

AS reporting that we have bid €60million for Di Maria (along with PSG). Huge money. Would be surprised if it were true. Hope we are offering Juve that money for Vidal or Pogba.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement