Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Notes in OP,22/7

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Leftist

no thanks on di maria.

priority has to be centre back and midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

Deiseboy01 wrote: »
    Left back? Paddy on his way?

Didn't football365 have him as one to watch pre world cup?

What would he cost, can't see us paying out big money having spent 30m already on left back.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Patrice Evra move on, he is one of the few remaining allies of the Ferguson era and Van Gaal may want a fresh start. I don't think he will be afraid to lose his experience either.

I think most of us would admit to being very excited going into the new season, the team even looks fresher already with only the two additions and I can't wait to see if he adds more vitality to it.

It's also really interesting that we have no real idea of how he will set up - though we can make pretty educated guesses based on his past teams and the current Dutch team - you just don't know with Van Gaal as he seems to adapt to any situation and may view the Premier League / Man United as a challenge which requires a new method and ideology, something even new to him.

Hell - we may even go back to the days of some great counter attacking goals like we used to back in 2006 - 2009.

Can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Leftist wrote: »
    no thanks on di maria.

Really!? Hes one of the best in the world, would take him all day long, would you prefer to look at Ashley Young every week next season?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

AS reporting that we have bid €60million for Di Maria (along with PSG). Huge money. Would be surprised if it were true. Hope we are offering Juve that money for Vidal or Pogba.

i like di maria i really do but €60mill is way too much if true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

NTMK wrote: »
    i like di maria i really do but €60mill is way too much if true.

And Id rather pay money for a center half and another center mid first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Corvo wrote: »
    I think most of us would admit to being very excited going into the new season, the team even looks fresher already with only the two additions and I can't wait to see if he adds more vitality to it.

what helps this so much forme is the shaking off the dust on the academy. Van gaals team seem hellbent on making it work and its good to see

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Di Maria for 60m would be taking the p!ss altogether. If we absolutely have to spend £60+ million, it has to be on Vidal and an experienced CB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

NTMK wrote: »
    what helps this so much forme is the shaking off the dust on the academy. Van gaals team seem hellbent on making it work and its good to see

Yep, though the results of those efforts may not be seen for years after his departure so we should be patient. Even we the current squad, I think we can do quite well and I fully expect Van Persie to be absolutely brilliant under him too.

_________De Gea__________

Rafael__Jones__Evans___Shaw

_____Carrick___Herrera______

__________Mata___________

Valencia_Van Persie_Rooney

Ok it's not the most star studded team and one that would likely cause shadowcomplex to have a hernia, but it's a very solid base to start from. It's a very young side and plenty of technical ability to choose from - adapt it further with a more experienced center back and change the wingers to someone more naturally fitting to the role and I think you have enough in the tank for a healthy Premier League campaign.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

Yep, though the results of those efforts may not be seen for years after his departure so we should be patient. Even we the current squad, I think we can do quite well and I fully expect Van Persie to be absolutely brilliant under him too.

Ok it's not the most star studded team and one that would likely cause shadowcomplex to have a hernia, but it's a very solid base to start from. It's a very young side and plenty of technical ability to choose from - adapt it further with a more experienced center back and change the wingers to someone more naturally fitting to the role and I think you have enough in the tank for a healthy Premier League campaign.

Valencia.... No thanks

I think its a squad that can get by and scrap into the champions league. under the managerial guile of LVG, we can get there.

And if more transfers are to come then we can challenge for the league too, depending on who is signed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Taken from FB
    Manchester United

16 mins ·

The wait is almost over. We’ll have the first images of our players in the 2014/15 home kit at 12:00 BST... ‪#‎MUFCkit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Taken from FB

Cue photos of Vidal and Di Maria laughing it up in the new kit and high-fiving eachother and sh*t.

Cue photos of Vidal and Di Maria laughing it up in the new kit and high-fiving eachother and sh*t.

As Kew is seen in the background mimicing Mr Burns' "Excellent.." pose.

Valencia.... No thanks

#remembershinji

IIRC LVG is a big fan of our Japanese superstar.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    #remembershinji

Yep. Didn't he say kagawa was the best player in Germany, and he needs to play that way for united.
    It something like that? I think we might see a fair bit of him this season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Di Maria for 60m would be taking the p!ss altogether. If we absolutely have to spend £60+ million, it has to be on Vidal and an experienced CB.

its 60m euro which is around £47m

#remembershinji

If Uncle Louis can get Mata, Rooney, RVP and Beloved Delicate Flower Superstar Shinji playing together... coupled with an actual midfield... #UnitedTreble2015

bangkok wrote: »
    its 60m euro which is around £47m

Still its not a priority.

I believe we can get by with the wingers we have ,I think the center of the park and center half positions need strengthening first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

That youtube clip of Fellaini against Arsenal... A joke?

If thats the best there is to show his capabilities then thats it.

Half the time its a simple pass. What does he offer in CM?
    Hes only good in the box at the end of a high ball. - his only good feature.
    I thought it was a bit crap as well. Surely they could have put up a better compilation than that. 90% of it consisted of him giving the ball away, fouling people and playing simple five yard passes.

• Advertisement

Pighead wrote: »
    I thought it was a bit crap as well. Surely they could have put up a better compilation than that. 90% of it consisted of him giving the ball away, fouling people and playing simple five yard passes.

Says alot about him if theres not a good youtube compilation of a player....Even I have a good one :pac:

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Says alot about him if theres not a good youtube compilation of a player....Even I have a good one :pac:

It's not a compilation video *bangs head against wall*
    It's every touch in ONE game. *continues to bang head against wall*

beakerjoe wrote: »

I'd be skeptical about whether or not you're playing against quite the same level of opposition. I have a video of me playing against my three year old nephew where I look like the Irish Messi. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,776 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

It's not particularly impressive to be fair.

45 passes attempted. 42 passes successful. in that game.

As I said earlier, some people only see what they want to see.

And I'm not a particularly big fan of Fellaini. My point yesterday was that he's better than Championship level, which is what someone claimed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Probably not the best video to stick up to try and prove he's a better than average player. I'm a bit puzzled as to why it's got near a half a million views. Surely there's better videos knocking around youtube as in fairness to him he often looked a very good player with Everton.

• Advertisement

Probably not the best video to stick up to try and prove he's a better than average player. I'm a bit puzzled as to why it's got near a half a million views. Surely there's better videos knocking around youtube as in fairness to him he often looked a very good player with Everton.

Purposely avoided the better ones. Just picked one at random.
    Listen, never mind lads. He's probably going to be sold on anyway. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

I notice a good few of the fantasy lineups people are posting over the last few days, it seems a lot omit Adnan. Is it because people don't rate him or just don't see him fitting in with LVG's style?

I notice a good few of the fantasy lineups people are posting over the last few days, it seems a lot omit Adnan. Is it because people don't rate him or just don't see him fitting in with LVG's style?

More because he's not there yet I'd imagine. Great potential and I have high hopes for him, but he's far from the finished article that you'd want leading the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

Fair point Maximus, he was one of the few good things about last season but consistency wise he is not quite there yet. hopefully LVG can blood him and possibly Powell too.

More because he's not there yet I'd imagine. Great potential and I have high hopes for him, but he's far from the finished article that you'd want leading the line.

I have huge hopes for Januzaj, especially under LVG. However, I'm not sure he is ready to start every game. I'd like to see him start cup games and some league games, but not every game.

• Advertisement

Well, it's official now. Here's the new United jersey for 2014/15.
    Br77i_JCEAQ-IhY.png:large

That is one of the worst piece of photoshopping I have ever seen. Check out magical floating Shinji.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Interesting that Kagawa is up front...

Thats a horribly bad pic .... hard to look at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Why oh why is the keepers jersey hidden!?!

Edit - found one!

30BD98CD5CC6455D9F3132A07C9D33D3.ashx?mw=500

I was thinking "Kagawa in the front row! Does that means something?"

Then I realized they'll just be trying to sell shirts in Asia.

Ive never seen a pic as bad as that for a jersey launch. Hope someone gets fired for that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I Like!

OMG is that Vidal in the backgound at the back right????

Of course it isn't. Because we are not signing Vidal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Why is Evra doing a duck face.

Rooneys' hair is brilliantly done.

Is that Darron Gibson between chico and Mata?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

It's a bit cringey but far from the worst kit launch pic there's ever been. At least there's a little bit of imagination put into it!

But wtf is the Sir Alfa Ferguson stand??

It's a bit cringey but far from the worst kit launch pic there's ever been. At least there's a little bit of imagination put into it!

But wtf is the Sir Alfa Ferguson stand??

The photoshoppin going on in that pic is sub standard for this day and. , Looks like some one did that themselves on a home computer a week after learning how to use photoshop via a youtube video

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Taken from FB

Manchester United

16 mins ·

The wait is almost over. We’ll have the first images of our players in the 2014/15 home kit at 12:00 BST... ‪#‎MUFCkit

The hashtag is rather unfortunate, kinda looks like a curse in the middle of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

That's some pose by Fletcher :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

That's some pose by Fletcher :)

He was only making fun of Evra :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

That looks like Juan Sebastion Verons ear back right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Rooney leading in the new Fb cover photo.. (with the worst photoshopped LVG of all time).. Maybe he might get the captaincy after-all..

984147_10152536438539914_7310263922094538603_n.png

They're quick, them Paddy Power lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

[img][/img]

They're quick, them Paddy Power lads.

Quick, yes. Funny, no.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Surprised no sign of Herrera or Shaw there....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement