Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Notes in OP,22/7

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

TheDoc wrote: »
    I'm fascinated to see what LVG does with Cleverly, if anything.

Can't stop believing that buried in there somewhere, is the young spitely kid who was full of energy and adventure with some neat interchanging play.

He was fairly shackled last season to his detriment and then became a scapegoat alongside Fellaini for poor form.

Someone like LVG might find what he is good at and build on it. Tbh it's something Ferguson didn't do either.

I don't know what he is brilliant at, apart from having bags of energy, and a great aptitude for pressing opposition players quickly. He's small but hes tough.

There is a lot more required from him, but I think he just needs a confident boost and some refinement, so we can see what he is good at.

We aren't a development side, we aren't here to tease good performances out of professional footballers. Tom Cleverley has been given dozens of games for one of the worlds biggest clubs in his preferred position and he simply wasn't good enough to step up and take the opportunity given.

Persevering with limited footballers in the hope that they might show something good is the wrong attitude for what is supposed to be one of the worlds biggest clubs. Get rid and find somebody with talent who might actually take the chance when they get it.

Al Capwned wrote: »
    Alistair Ferguson just retweeted this...

Mike Keegan ‏@mikekeeganbbc 6m
    They don't do kit launches like they used to at Old Trafford

We used to have one of them stereos bottom right.

Br8jjnVCQAA7Wb8.png:large

McQueen was a big lad! Birtles looks like someone who joined the wrong party and is sheepishly trying to back out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

The state of the new kit. Don't like it at all. The gold is so tacky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Al Capwned wrote: »
    We used to have one of them stereos bottom right.

Br8jjnVCQAA7Wb8.png:large

I had something similar myself. Ah the memories, me and my homies (Townies & a few Buffs) used to cruise around the Hood (circle a few bungalows) in some low riders (skateboards) Keeping the bitches sweet (occasionally helping our buff friends bring in cows for milking).

article-2559520-1B7EF64F00000578-701_964x875.jpg

My very first United heroes,I'm 48 by the way!

BrE1Y7QCQAIWBEd.jpg:large

A few Irish lads there!

1SHARP.jpg

More 'Sharp' shooters!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Jaysus it's cringeworthy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Jesus, imagine if they were doing that now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Holding a Chevrolet on the knee? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Cue Felliani in a new Chevy with his fro out the sun roof

7313623466_610a0a7cf5_z.jpg

My first United team!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Heres my first squad poster

Fergie-League-Cup-_1724385a.jpg

My first United hero,Jimmy Greenhoff,because of those goals against Liverpool in the 77 Cup Final and the 79 Cup Semi Final!

Then!
    4609011465.swf

Now!
    5604955-large.jpg

Those Greenhoff goals!

greenhoffmu77cup.jpg

article-2577582-1C2CEB9E00000578-500_964x641.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

that admiral away top is my favorite United top of all time got it as a hand me down and it was a dirty grey by the time i couldn't fit into it anymore.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 139 ✭✭HaveASnickers

Who do you think will be in and around the champs league spots next season. I think Chelsea and City are certs.

Then there's Arsenal...who went on a fantastic run in 2013. They haven't been so good in 2014 so who knows if they'll start well?

Liverpool will be without Suarez and have Champs League

Spurs will have a proper manager and some quality players.

Utd should get champs league.

Everton will be 7th, a good bit behind 4th imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

I don't think Champions League qualification will even be an issue to be honest. I think we'll be on top at Christmas but fall away after that due to a run of tricky fixtures late in the season.

Predicted finish: 3rd

The worst thing about the new kit? The button...looks like the material has been stitched over.

And what they hell is with the size of the badge???

I think the Chevy logo is ok. It's growing on me.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Lee Sharpe was the best Sharp product we had.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

thelad95 wrote: »
    I don't think Champions League qualification will even be an issue to be honest. I think we'll be on top at Christmas but fall away after that due to a run of tricky fixtures late in the season.

Predicted finish: 3rd

If United are top at Christmas I'd be bitterly disappointed to finish 3rd. Those tricky fixtures are a lot less tricky when you've got the momentum and belief.
    I'd take 3rd now though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

According to one of the Portuguese journos, we're trying to convince Enzo Perez from Benfica to join us and not Valencia for 30m euros. Apparently had deal in place with Valencia but they're in the process of being taken over and waiting for funds to be transferred.

According to one of the Portuguese journos, we're trying to convince Enzo Perez from Benfica to join us and not Valencia for 30m euros. Apparently had deal in place with Valencia but they're in the process of being taken over and waiting for funds to be transferred.

Is that the guy from Argentina?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

It's a nice kit barring that fecking button

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Is that the guy from Argentina?

Yeah. It'd be an odd one given he's 28. Goncalo Lopes is the journalist by the way.

Yeah. It'd be an odd one given he's 28. Goncalo Lopes is the journalist by the way.

Can't see that happening?

Can Utd only spend 30m on a player these days? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

We aren't a development side, we aren't here to tease good performances out of professional footballers. Tom Cleverley has been given dozens of games for one of the worlds biggest clubs in his preferred position and he simply wasn't good enough to step up and take the opportunity given.

Persevering with limited footballers in the hope that they might show something good is the wrong attitude for what is supposed to be one of the worlds biggest clubs. Get rid and find somebody with talent who might actually take the chance when they get it.
    Not saying Cleverley would ever be as good as Schweinsteiger, but people often forget that he was a complete laughing stock until Louis changed him from a winger to a CM and made him revamp his game about five or six years back. For me Fellaini is the safest bet to never be a good footballer at this level, but otherwise I would be happy with one more CM and let Cleverley/Powell/the host of Darren Fletcher supply depth (with Carrick/herrera/new guy starting if a 433)... no Europe means we do not need the same depth. Reevaluate if Powell or Cleverley (to be judged much harsher than Powell for obvious reason) are worth holding onto for the next season, and add the appropriate players to them this time next year when we should have Europe to think about again).

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,423 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Prandelli got the Galatasaray job so Moyes missed out. No doubt he is hopeful of getting a new job soon.

Billy86 wrote: »
    Not saying Cleverley would ever be as good as Schweinsteiger, but people often forget that he was a complete laughing stock until Louis changed him from a winger to a CM and made him revamp his game about five or six years back. For me Fellaini is the safest bet to never be a good footballer at this level, but otherwise I would be happy with one more CM and let Cleverley/Powell/the host of Darren Fletcher supply depth (with Carrick/herrera/new guy starting if a 433)... no Europe means we do not need the same depth. Reevaluate if Powell or Cleverley (to be judged much harsher than Powell for obvious reason) are worth holding onto for the next season, and add the appropriate players to them this time next year when we should have Europe to think about again).

Young wingers often move central when they get older....it wasn't a genius move by LVG. Fletcher started on the right wing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Prandelli got the Galatasaray job so Moyes missed out. No doubt he is hopeful of getting a new job soon.

''I just didn't see that result coming, I thought I did well but it just wasn't my day''

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭KH25

DM-ICE wrote: »

I didn't think he would get it after the club saying he wasn't their first choice. In fairness, he should have told them to shove it after that. Disrespectful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

Sir Alex was just on 5Live talking about Di Stefano.

Didn't hear all of it but he gave John Motson short shrift when he tried to ask him about the World Cup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Saucy McKetchup

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    ''I just didn't see that result coming, I thought I did well but it just wasn't my day''

At least he got to the byline

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Danye

Drifting in and out of the thread all day but I can't believe people still think Tom Cleverly is going to become a player for us. He's not good enough at anything to be in the squad. The sooner the better we cut the likes of him, Young, Anderson away the better.

Danye wrote: »
    Drifting in and out of the thread all day but I can't believe people still think Tom Cleverly is going to become a player for us. He's not good enough at anything to be in the squad. The sooner the better we cut the likes of him, Young, Anderson away the better.

I think he's ok to be kept...but kept well away from matches of any important.

Bring him on when we're 2-0 up with 30 mins left or for LC matches but that's it. think the best we can hope for for him to be shipped out is if Powell displaces him or someone from the academy steps up. Is Pereira a no.10 or CM?

I think he's ok to be kept...but kept well away from matches of any important.

Bring him on when we're 2-0 up with 30 mins left or for LC matches but that's it. think the best we can hope for for him to be shipped out is if Powell displaces him or someone from the academy steps up. Is Pereira a no.10 or CM?

I'd much prefer us to start bringing more young players through if were in that position than clinging on to average players (who's had more than enough chances) in the hope that they might finally start to perform.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Young wingers often move central when they get older....it wasn't a genius move by LVG. Fletcher started on the right wing.
    Fletcher moved inside during is teens, nobody had the foresight to move Schweinsteiger inside until he was in his mid 20s. Very different.

And it was ingenious by its very definition... "cleverly and originally devised and well suited to its purpose." It was clever, it was is original thought for the player (none of is managers had copped to do so in his career to that point, and he wasnt exactly just breaking through or anything), and it suited its purpose perfectly... he went from a bit of a laughing stock to one of the best midfielders in the world in a matter of months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

I'm sorry in advance for posting this.

Sir Alex Ferguson on BBC 5live: "The club is working on bringing a familiar face back to OT next season."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Sir Alex Ferguson on BBC 5live: "The club is working on bringing a familiar face back to OT next season."

I will shít the bed if it's our boy Ronny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭KH25

Its Mike Phelan. :P

I'm like a child on Christmas Eve. Dyingggggggg to know who he's referring to?

ElChe32 wrote: »
    I will shít the bed if it's our boy Ronny.

It could also be Mike Phelan... :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭xtal191

Pretty sure thats a fake quote

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Kleberson?

Djemba what's his face?

Miller?

The Iron Tulip will get the best outta of them
    Pogba it's Pogbaaaaa

xtal191 wrote: »
    Pretty sure thats a fake quote

Think so. Couldn't find it anywhere.

• Advertisement

It's going around like wild fire. F*cking social media. Impossible to trace the origin!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭RVN10

Reckon its got to be pogba ?

Cue David Moyes announced as VG's number two. :)

Rene?

Can't be Pogba....he wouldn't be keen on that would he?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

If it was a quote from the man himself I reckon it's a ploy to stir up ****.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement