Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Notes in OP,22/7

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Justice for fattie people and beer bellys!!

and eh broad shoulders:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Have a pair of Puma runners I love, old now and cant buy them anymore, sad times.

Did you check on Ebay? they're pretty good for retro sneakers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Broad shoulders - denial. :pac:

Also see - Big boned!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Check, check and erm.... check....
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

In the last while went on a jersey spree getting Germany Home, Bayern Home, Dortmund Home, Monaco Home, Columbia home.

Not ****ing one of them fits nicely, I look a state at five aside :'(

adox wrote: »

Also see - Big boned!

I actually have big shoulders, just so happens I've a bigger belly to go with it.

Can't even use the rubbish excuse that I "just love gargle"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

TheDoc wrote: »

Not ****ing one of them fits nicely, I look a state at five aside :'(

TheDoc walks up to tip off

5379d79377106.jpg

nicklauski wrote: »
    TheDoc walks up to tip off

5379d79377106.jpg

My feelz :(

In fairness I'm in a state at the moment, looking a lot bigger then S Bruce, how I can still run is one of Astro PArks great mysteries :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Also see - Big boned!

normally i agree but its not just me (a fat bastard) saying it its relatives who are in shape :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

FutureGuy wrote: »
    We're going to get a megadeal from one of them. If Nike do decide to opt out, I really hope Adidas come on board. The thought of Warrior designing our kit is horrific.

Those three stripes automatically make a jersey look good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,341 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Did you check on Ebay? they're pretty good for retro sneakers.

no idea what the runners are named, and my sweaty feet have long since removed any identifying markings on the inside of the shoe. looking through wikipuma now.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Steve Bruce has really bulked up the wrong way, a better diet and more running after his players needed...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

RobertKK wrote: »
    Steve Bruce has really bulked up the wrong way, a better diet and more running after his players needed...

Ya would think he'd be in better condition after chasing promotion the last decade

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Also see - Big boned!

Tis not denial...i'm not a fattie or big boned, i do just have massive shoulders
    the OH measured them once...2 foot across ;)

An article comparing Daley Blind and Ricardo Rodriguez...ok the article is about either player going to Liverpool but the stats are just as relevant.

http://www.soccersouls.com/2014/06/forget-ricardo-rodriguez-why-liverpool-should-turn-their-attention-towards-this-manchester-united-left-back-target/

Rodriguez > Blind???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,594 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

• 14:07

Reports in Italy are claiming that there could be news on the future of Manchester United left-back Patrice Evra today. Juventus are reportedly ready to pay €2million (£1.6m) for Evra, who signed a new one-year contract at the end of last season, but faces a battle to be United's first-choice left-back this season following the signing of Luke Shaw from Southampton.

On Sky sports website now.

On Sky sports website now.

Nothing more than speculation if you ask me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

Lots of twitter noise about angel di Maria today as well as Vidal

s8n wrote: »

Any noise from a reliable source?

christ if we signed Vidal, Di Maria and Hummels (these are the most frequent and common links at present) and maybe throw in Blind and de Vrij/Janmaat (lets be honest LVG will want some dutch players) our spend in the last 12 months would be close to £250m
    doubt anyone could complain about purse strings etc then
    and whilst i'd say thats a lot of quality spenidng we need to offset some of that with outgoings to reduce the wage bill and net spend.
    if those players came in i'd happily say bye bye to
    Chicharito (can't see him fitting LVG's game)
    Cleverly
    Young
    Nani
    Anderson
    Evra
    Fellaini
    Young

the outgoings will be when the fun times begin..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Nothing more than speculation if you ask me.

Probably, but anything that would make Juventus look kindly on us........ :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

brinty wrote: »
    christ if we signed Vidal, Di Maria and Hummels (these are the most frequent and common links at present) and maybe throw in Blind and de Vrij/Janmaat (lets be honest LVG will want some dutch players) our spend in the last 12 months would be close to £250m
    doubt anyone could complain about purse strings etc then
    and whilst i'd say thats a lot of quality spenidng we need to offset some of that with outgoings to reduce the wage bill and net spend.
    if those players came in i'd happily say bye bye to
    Chicharito (can't see him fitting LVG's game)
    Cleverly
    Young
    Nani
    Anderson
    Evra
    Fellaini
    Young

the outgoings will be when the fun times begin..

Cheeky scamp, trying to sell Young twice :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

Selling the bugger once will be difficult enough!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

@TimPearsonMedia
    Follow
    Confirmed; #Everton manager Roberto Martinez has enquired about the availability of Tom Cleverley. #MUFC #EFC

ctygP.gif

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Since I cannot write anything positive about someone coming to the club without getting killed for my optimism, I will not make any such statement about my feeling regarding new signings, or how I think we are going to get 2-3 more top quality players.

Instead, I will just post this here...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

This guy is quite on the ball imo
    Alistair Fergusson ‏@Fergie1975 1h

Re. Vidal. United working on a deal having checked availability with Juve. No bid put in as yet #mufc

s8n wrote: »

Sport Witness ‏@Sport_Witness 1h There has been no report in Spain that Madrid have accepted Manchester United Di Mariabid. Eurosport got it very wrong indeed.

Graham Hunter has said di Maria could move to United.

Alistair Fergusson ‏@Fergie1975 1h Re. Vidal. United working on a deal having checked availability with Juve. No bid put in as yet #mufc

Young is this decades Djemba * 2
    so good we sold him twice ;)

Young is this decades Djemba * 2
    so good we sold him twice ;)

WE can only dream :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Scholes talking about LvG on PP blog. http://blog.paddypower.com/2014/07/08/paul-scholes-exclusive-louis-van-gaal-seems-to-have-the-midas-touch/
    Right now, Manchester United fans (and myself) cannot wait for Louis van Gaal to get the job started at Old Trafford. I’m sure he’s aware of the challenge ahead after United finished seventh last year in the Premier League.

It’s not a vintage Holland team he’s managing and van Gaal has got them to the brink of a World Cup Final. He’s going to have to perform a similar operation at United after a shocking season in 2013/2014. Van Gaal seems to have the Midas touch, and with his coaching reputation and vast experience he can bring a lot to the club. He’ll improve last year’s performance by 20/25 per cent, I feel.

As well as the new signings, Luke Shaw and Ander Herrera, (and hopefully more to come) he’ll bring more out of the players who are already there. I’m actually really excited about next season.
    Van Gaal is not afraid of big decisions, which he showed by bringing on the Newcastle keeper Tim Krul for the Dutch No1 Jasper Cillessen for the penalty shootout against Costa Rica. Krul had only saved two out of last 20 penalties with Newcastle. The evidence did not seem to be there for that big a decision. But whatever Louis van Gaal does, seems to work.

He substituted his captain, Robin van Persie, when Holland were 1-0 down to Mexico, and they came back to win. He seems to have a bit of genius about him, and hopefully can work this magic on United next year.

LvG1.gif

My excitement is growing by the day for the new season.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Great quote:

"After his antics at the World Cup, Louis van Gaal is already feared, admired and resented in equal measure by every football fan in England. Like an (sic) Manchester United manager should be."

Follow up to my earlier post,
    #MUFC are believed to be holding out for around £10m for Cleverley. #EFC Prefer a 1-year loan with option to make permanent next summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

10m bloody hell

Headshot wrote: »
    10m bloody hell

They fucking owe us double over the disaster of the Fellaini signing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Send him off to Everton for the year then!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

zerks wrote: »
    Follow up to my earlier post,

How about £5 million but they have to take Fellaini back too?

He is English and at 24 is young enough to be sold on if he is a hit. Somehow this is a factor.

Personally I think £6M and I'd snap their fcuking hands off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Nice to see the United tax being worked the other way round.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

He is English and at 24 is young enough to be sold on if he is a hit. Somehow this is a factor.

Personally I think £6M and I'd snap their fcuking hands off.

Nope. He's English and came through the academy he's worth more to us than £6M.

• Advertisement

£35m they can take young Young, Cleverly and that sideshow of a player they sold us last summer

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭twinex

£35m they can take young Young, Cleverly and that sideshow of a player they sold us last summer

Bob?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Brendan Flowers

Cleverly+Fellani for McCarthy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

No thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Fellaini would do a job for Everton. It's a team without a second striker and Kone missed the majority of the last season injured.

Everton fans might scoff at the idea of buying him back, but playing him further forward like Belgium do, and like Moyes did at Everton, could do them wonders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

10 million is a bit ambitious, we should enquire if Arsenal still have the £1 laying around from the Suarez bid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Ye if you think McCarthy is worth about 30 million but in reality no.

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Fellaini would do a job for Everton. It's a team without a second striker and Kone missed the majority of the last season injured.

Everton fans might scoff at the idea of buying him back, but playing him further forward like Belgium do, and like Moyes did at Everton, could do them wonders.

And they've no Lukaku to bang the goals in this year or Deloufeu to provide assists
    baines ain't getting any younger either..

as for someone suggesting mCCarthy for Cleverly...no thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Invertpyramid

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Ye if you think McCarthy is worth about 30 million but in reality no.

But he's a better player than both and surely that is what matters? Why do fans get so uptight over the cost of a player? It's not your money. Surely you just want the best players available? Let the club worry about "value".

Herrera costing 5 million or 50 million doesn't change how good he is, or how much United needed a midfielder. You aren't a financial advisor, you are a fan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭xtal191

If only Sharp was still the sponsor

4vcOGQZ.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

But he's a better player than both and surely that is what matters? Why do fans get so uptight over the cost of a player? It's not your money. Surely you just want the best players available? Let the club worry about "value".

Herrera costing 5 million or 50 million doesn't change how good he is, or how much United needed a midfielder. You aren't a financial advisor, you are a fan.

Because for the same amount of money you could get a much better player.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement