Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Notes in OP,22/7

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

it looks like Liverpool are gonna win the WC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

duffman13 wrote: »
    He has been outstanding! He has been good for Villa but never this good. Players playing for their country at a world cup just up their game to a different level. One of the reasons you don't sign a player based on a world cup alone!

Just goes to show how much difference a great manager makes! Seriously though, penalty miss aside he has been superb. In the last year of his contract with Villa means he could be brought in at a good price to play for his international manager. Makes sense.

Augmerson wrote: »
    Unlucky lads

:pac:

congrats and best of luck in final.

wont be shouting for ye but wish ye well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Yay!!!!! Van Gaal is our manager now :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Dunno. Can see them slipping up yet...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

thelad95 wrote: »
    Yay!!!!! Van Gaal is our manager now :)

Not yet he's not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Van Gaal free a day early to plot our way back to winning league titles... god it feels like 24 years since we've last won one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

J. Marston wrote: »
    He doesn't look so clever now.

Vlaar, for God sake.

Not sure if your serious?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

adox wrote: »
    Not yet he's not.

Oh I forgot. They still have to play the most pointless match in football.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

I know he was quoted saying he wants to skip a break and come straight back to Utd, but I hope RvP is ordered to take a long holiday. Looks shattered and last thing we need is another preventable injury lay off for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Thought they were knocked out by Colombia???

Thought they were knocked out by Colombia???

oh no dont be silly sure they just won tonight.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I know he was quoted saying he wants to skip a break and come straight back to Utd, but I hope RvP is ordered to take a long holiday. Looks shattered and last thing we need is another preventable injury lay off for him.

Agreed. He's been v poor in the knockout stages.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭macslash

He's not going on the tour. Meeting up with squad in August.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Lads the 3rd place match will be brilliant as always cause the Apres Match lads are hosting it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

adox wrote: »
    Not sure if your serious?

Where's that joker pic to support this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

cdb wrote: »
    Just goes to show how much difference a great manager makes! Seriously though, penalty miss aside he has been superb. In the last year of his contract with Villa means he could be brought in at a good price to play for his international manager. Makes sense.

I really don't agree. He is not cut out for a top team. Very good tonight in a very cagey game but not United standard. Being honest the back three thing suits three average mobile CBs. It might work for us next season but if we are gonna invest in a CB there are better options than Vlaar

kinda glad Holland are out. I think Germans would tank them.

Cant wait for Sunday, beers, hurling, more beer, WC final, off monday.

boommm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

kinda glad Holland are out. I think Germans would tank them.

Cant wait for Sunday, beers, hurling, more beer, WC final, off monday.

boommm

Limerick Abu!

Limerick Abu!

Boo!!;)

Although my Mum is Limerick woman so be good craic in my household.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I'm dying for a new transfer to come in to utd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Limerick Abu!

Yes. Come on not Cork!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,575 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

New United manager delaying getting his feet under the table at Carrington, seeing out his contract with previous employers.

Just like last season :eek:

:pac:

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

oh no dont be silly sure they just won tonight.;)

:pac::pac:

I see the celebrations are going strong in 'the other place'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

£37.5 million is the asking price for Vidal,up to the clubs to trash out a deal...Various sources.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,575 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

It's a done deal lads... credible source :rolleyes:

314051.png

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

zerks wrote: »
    £37.5 million is the asking price for Vidal,up to the clubs to trash out a deal...Various sources.

Give them £50 million, as a gesture of goodwill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,371 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Vlaar was very good before the Villa move too. Baffling decision to have him go first though with Kuyt and Robben in reserve.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Others were asked before Vlaar but refused so he had to take it

Well, seems Evra to Juventus is done:
    @SkySportsNews We understand Patrice Evra will join Juventus today - all the latest transfer lines on #SSN throughout the morning”

Over the past while he's faded but with that being said, he's been a great servant to the club and I'll wish him well.

Actually, he was a legend..

IMG_2012021141882.jpg~320x480

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭KH25

Good time for Evra to go. He's been on the wane for a few years now. Great servant to the club though and a funny man altogether. I wish him well at Juve.

Anybody else reckon we will go in for Blind now as LB cover?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭n32

Sacramento wrote: »
    Well, seems Evra to Juventus is done:

Over the past while he's faded but with that being said, he's been a great servant to the club and I'll wish him well.

Actually, he was a legend..

IMG_2012021141882.jpg~320x480

I was sitting very near him when that picture was taken . I ve rarely seen a crowd baying for blood as they did after that game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Technophobe

If true about Evra, its a sad day... Club hero and a very good servant to us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Evra was an excellent servant to the team and although he lost the run of himself over the last couple of seasons, everything bad he ever did is negated because he did this.

evra+ridules+suarez.jpg

Thanks for the memories Pat.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Times reporting bid for Ricardo Rodriguez if Evra leaves. That's weird as he is not a back up player and had excellent year. He won't be signing to sit on the bench and we didn't pay 27 Million for Shaw to make him on the bench either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

Seems Suarez is going for £75 Million. A bit of a windfall for Liverpool.

But was just thinking, if United sign the kit deal with Adidas for the rumored amount, it would be like selling a Suarez each year, for the next ten years.

#bigclub

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

#bigclub

Shhhhhhhh.

Can't you hear the wagons circling.

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Shhhhhhhh.

Can't you hear the wagons circling.

:(

trth.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Farewell to Evra,gave many a cross for a goal,can't see Blind signing,after WC he is clearly one of best young left backs on World,he would demand first team football if he were to move to any club.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

can't see Blind signing,after WC he is clearly one of best young left backs on World,

Really? He had two good games in the groups, and has looked distinctively average since then. Thought he was terrible last night.

Shame to see Evra going, great character and a great player.

Farewell to Evra,gave many a cross for a goal,can't see Blind signing,after WC he is clearly one of best young left backs on World,he would demand first team football if he were to move to any club.

He normally plays midfield. He was awarded the best midfielder in Holland last season. He's good at covering LB but he's hardly the best in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

Blind did well this world cup, think it's a bit early to be claiming he's one of the best in the world..

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭merlinsmerryman

Haha, look at the comments on it. There's some lad giving RVP stick for not taking a penalty... even though he was subbed off well before they took place. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭KombuchaMshroom

If Evra is to go it might give those Vermaelen rumours a bit more creditability, kinda killing 2 birds with one stone getting in a CB who can also play LB.
    Don't think it would be the worse idea as it would still give the young defenders a chance to establish themselves and develop, and wouldn't cost a fortune so we'd be saving money to go after Vidal and the likes

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Haha, look at the comments on it. There's some lad giving RVP stick for not taking a penalty... even though he was subbed off well before they took place. :rolleyes:

I could probably guess who it is :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

If Evra is to go it might give those Vermaelen rumours a bit more creditability, kinda killing 2 birds with one stone getting in a CB who can also play LB.
    Don't think it would be the worse idea as it would still give the young defenders a chance to establish themselves and develop, and wouldn't cost a fortune so we'd be saving money to go after Vidal and the likes

Yeah that would be ideal, Vermaelen is actually better than most of our CB options at the moment too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

There's a lot of negativity about Vermaelen in here, I always thought he was a fairly handy CB. Maybe I need my eyes checked.

If I'm right, he was pretty beasty in the 11/12 or 12/13 season, but got injured and missed most of 13/14 because he regained fitness just as the Arsenal back two began to settle in.

If he's cheap, he should be bought. Gives options at CB with Premier League experience, which aside from Evans, we don't really have in Jones/Smalling as neither have had a decent run in the position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 117 ✭✭super hands

First time poster here, been checking out the page a long time tho. I was sad to see Holland go out last night even though I have Argentina in a bet with friends! Have to say have been very impressed with lvg and what he has achieved with a pretty average Dutch team by their standards. I'm very interested to see what he does with us in the new season and who he brings in. Wouldn't be surprised to see one or two of the young Dutch lads come with him

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement