Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Notes in OP,22/7

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,329 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Agent Mitch Connor, Football Transfer Bureau of Investigations, or FtBI.
    Mitch Connor, follower of sporting witness on twitter. ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

I really hope LVG can get the best out of Mata because I just felt Moyes didn't know were to play him, constantly putting him out on the right wing. I hope hes play centrally either as part of a 3 or behind the forward because otherwise I can see him viewed as luxury we don't need.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭KH25

brinty wrote: »
    Ok the appoved fantasy signings are
    Anna Kendrick
    Scar-jo
    J-law
    K-upton...

Back up list
    J-lo

That's an attacking lineup I'd love to face.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Lads, don't want to put the mod hat on and subsequently having to start issuing cards for people posting pictures of Ms Lawrence and Ms Johhanson, or as I call them, Mrs TSC #1 and #2, can we cut out the posting of pictures and gifs of the women.

Several reasons...
    1. It's off topic
    2. It boarders on NSFW
    3. It's hell on people who are using mobiles on numerous counts.
    4. It's off topic.

I don't mind gifs, per se, and God knows I've used them plenty, but try and keep them on topic. Please. I'll just be deleting them from now on (after saving them to my personal files, of course :P)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Who the fuck is Tom McDermott and why should we believe anything he says?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Lads, don't want to put the mod hat on and subsequently having to start issuing cards for people posting pictures of Ms Lawrence and Ms Johhanson, or as I call them, Mrs TSC #1 and #2, can we cut out the posting of pictures and gifs of the women.

Several reasons...
    1. It's off topic
    2. It boarders on NSFW
    4. It's off topic.

I don't mind gifs, per se, and God knows I've used them plenty, but try and keep them on topic. Please. I'll just be deleting them from now on (after saving them to my personal files, of course :P)

Is it ok to post line ups of them as a fantasy team TSC??
    And thanks for leaving ms Kendrick to me ;)
    You may have trouble with Maximus on J-law though ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Julez

Lord TSC wrote: »

Several reasons...
    1. It's off topic
    2. It boarders on NSFW
    4. It's off topic.

tumblr_n26xsmUfyu1rfwfq9o1_400.png

If I get carded... totally worth it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Julez wrote: »
    tumblr_n26xsmUfyu1rfwfq9o1_400.png

If I get carded... totally worth it!

Might have been, had it been funny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Who the fuck is Tom McDermott and why should we believe anything he says?

He's a spoofer and nobody should believe a thing he says.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Can we post ladies in United jerseys :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Blatter wrote: »
    He's a spoofer and nobody should believe a thing he says.

I read that in a Dunphy voice. :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Carrick doesn't offer anywhere near enough to warrant a place in this team. I wouldn't have him anywhere near that team to a point where I'd be trying to phase in Powell and our other youth players ahead of him. Herrera's been known to not shirk a tackle, he and Vidal is enough steel in midfield.

Powell an attacking midfielder or a striker replacing a deep lying midfielder?
    What are you on about?

Ekangamene has been sold to a Belgian team.

Surprised he's gone, wish him well. Had a great season just gone for the u21's.

Great to see Shaw mad for action, returning to training a week early...

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/luke-shaw-arrives-a-week-early-for-manchester-united-preseason-training-after-cutting-short-postworld-cup-holiday-9600970.html

Not at all surprising though for a young lad like him who's just signed for Manchester United.

With reports that LVG is due to take up his post on Monday, or later in the week at the latest, I wonder how unsettled his own mind will be for a while, i.e. "This time last week I was in Brazil preparing the Dutch team for a WC semi-final." No wonder he is speaking out strongly against the 3rd/4th place play-off. Only for that match, he'd be able to get a few days rest before going into a job that will require his full attention and ability.

Out of all of our players who are due to return, I really hope that RVP takes a few weeks off to rest his body and mind. We'll need him firing on all cylinders next season and if he has to report back to Carrington a bit later than the rest of the squad for that to happen, then so be it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Ekangamene has been sold to a Belgian team.

Hopefully a buy back clause was included

With Evra gone along with Rio and Vidic I really hope United at least test Dortmund with a big bid for Hummels. They might be more inclined to sell while his value is up and I imagine be more inclined to sell to United than Bayern who must be interested in him.

(That is a lot ifs, imagines, maybes, hopes etc but you get the point)

DM-ICE wrote: »
    With Evra gone along with Rio and Vidic I really hope United at least test Dortmund with a big bid for Hummels. They might be more inclined to sell while his value is up and I imagine be more inclined to sell to United than Bayern who must be interested in him.

(That is a lot ifs, imagines, maybes, hopes etc but you get the point)

A.K.A. The fuel this thread runs on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

Angel Di Maria is on the verge of a move to Manchester United after agreeing personal terms, according to reports.

The Argentine midfielder looks set to join Louis van Gaal's new regime at Old Trafford after reports that the 26-year-old has accepted the club's £150,000-a-week offer.

Van Gaal, who will take over officially as United boss once his World Cup campaign with the Netherlands ends on Saturday, has reportedly left transfer dealings in the hands of executive vice-chairman Edward Woodward.

However Madrid and United differ in their valuation for Di Maria, with the Spanish club wanting around £40m and United only willing to pay £30m.

UK Independent

Great signing if true!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

UK Independent

Great signing if true!

Holy fùck, that would be immense

I think the rest of our business will be done in the next two weeks before the tour, still in for Vidal and Hummels by the looks of it

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Burt Macklin

Di Maria, Vidal and Hummels you say?

With Herrera and Shaw already in the bag.

stop_penis_erect_archer.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

UK Independent

Great signing if true!

He would be devastating the PL. It'll be a wonderful signing if Woody can pull it off.

Also, the Chilean papers are starting to talk as if the Vidal signing is getting very close. La Tercer in particular. They appear to have quotes from Beausejour saying that Sanchez and Vidal will do very well in England. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

according to reports.

Are those the same reports that have already been rubbished earlier?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Are those the same reports that have already been rubbished earlier?

Your username has never been more suitable :pac:

But yes they probably are

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

Pooping on yo' dreams!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

With the bookies, it seems money is piling on Vidal to move to United.

RobertKK wrote: »

Vidal and Di Maria plus a defender and I would be a happy camper!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

Until I see Balugue deny it's going to happen, then I won't get my hopes up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

As much as twitter and various rags are reporting Vidal and Di Maria we haven't seen anything concrete......yet....

Refusing to get my hopes up..... Yet....

RobertKK wrote: »

Angel Di Maria Outrights
    View all odds
    Club After Summer Transfer Window
    Man Utd (1/3), Paris Saint-Germain (6), Man City (14), Chelsea (16), Juventus (16), Mona…
    View all odds
    Next Club
    Man Utd (4/9), Paris Saint-Germain (6), Arsenal (10), Juventus (10), Monaco (10), Atleti…

Arturo Vidal Outrights
    View all odds
    Club After Summer Transfer Window
    Juventus (11/17), Man Utd (6/5), Barcelona (8), Real Madrid (14), Arsenal (16), Bayern M…
    View all odds
    Next Club
    Man Utd (5/6), Barcelona (8), Arsenal (9), Bayern Munich (9), Real Madrid (10), PSG (14)…

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,969 ✭✭✭billyhead

I personally believe we will make another big signing in the next couple of weeks either Di Maria or Vidal. Discussions with Vidals agent could have taken place already and terms agreed while he was over in the UK negotiating the Sanchez to Arsenal deal. Its probably a matter of agreeing a fee with Juventus and if a player plus cash deal is involved the obstacle involved with that. I reckon United have enquired about Di Maria being available as he was unsettled at the club and Real Madrid have set a price and we are considering making an offer. Although I think PSG could be our biggest rival for his signature. If he is signed though he may not adapt to the Premiership. Hes very lightweight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Very confident of another good signing but Di Maria would be terrific..

Would be delighted with that.

Nearly too good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭mcratsix

All this optimism is overwhelming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Very confident of another good signing but Di Maria would be terrific..

Would be delighted with that.

Nearly too good :)

A limerick win on Sunday and the Kew will be brought down to earth ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

mcratsix wrote: »

Ya Im just waiting for the wheels to come off or wake up from this wonderful dream.

:pac:

Betting means nothing, it just reflects what people are betting on not what is likely to happen.

mcratsix wrote: »

Someone needs to balance this out..

It has been revealed that all signings during Ed Woodward's reign are null and void because in the part of the contract that says "Do not write below this line" Mr Woodward wrote "Okay".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Sacramento wrote: »
    Someone needs to balance this out..

It has been revealed that all signings during Ed Woodward's reign are null and void because in the part of the contract that says "Do not write below this line" Mr Woodward wrote "Okay".

So we get our Fellaini money back?

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭twinex

Has anyone seen Pogba's clock?..............denial much?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Someone's jumped the gun with regards Vidal and the small biog that comes up when you Google him :P

This Vidal stuff is painful!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

It will drag on for a while yet and then we'll be told Utd never approached Juve about him.

• Advertisement

TheTownie wrote: »
    It will drag on for a while yet and then we'll be told Utd never approached Juve about him.

With the clubs talking over Evra, it should help matters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

If Vidal moves to United the first order of business will have to be to get rid of that beard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭dor843088

Juve want evra . Evra wants to leave for juve . We want vidal . Juve need to cash in on someone to balance their books . Were definitely in talks for vidal id say, just need to hammer it out. This deal benefits everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

dor843088 wrote: »
    Juve want evra . Evra wants to leave for juve . We want vidal . Juve need to cash in on someone to balance their books . Were definitely in talks for vidal id say, just need to hammer it out. This deal benefits everyone.

Cash + Vidal for Evra and everyone can go home happy I say.

twinex wrote: »

It's photoshop. Pogba will not be moving to united. Very unlikely he will leave juve thus this year
    Vidal is a different story. I think if united put in the right bid, we will get him. That's not saying we will put up the right money. Juve thus will prob hold out for 50million.
    Don't rule out out Di Maria. VG will want someone with pace and can go past a player, to stretch teams out. I think it could happen, but we won't overpay for him.
    Hummels forget about it. No chance.

My opinion is that we will get vidal. 50/50 on Di Maria. As for the defence, I think we will go for vermealen or vlaar. Wouldn't be surprised if we got Daley blind. He can cover LB and CM and can function on the wing.

Great. But don't be shocked if one versatile defender is brought in and that's it.
    Bring in strootman in January

If Vidal moves to United the first order of business will have to be to get rid of that beard.

You don't change king Arturo. He changes you.

Realistically you'd have to think there's not much chance of it actually happening, silly season stuff imo. Would love to be wrong though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,969 ✭✭✭billyhead

The Evra transfer has probably not being announced yet as United are still haggling over how much to pay to Juve to secure the signing of Vidal. No harm in being optimistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

twinex wrote: »

Yes, Pogba posted that picture on twitter. Then someone photoshopped in a man utd clock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

Jesus, Vidal and Di Maria would be an amazing pair of signings...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement