Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Notes in OP,22/7

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

LeBron is gone back to Ohio too, another one missed out on

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

brevity wrote: »
    Jesus, Vidal and Di Maria would be an amazing pair of signings...

That would be three signings :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭Cantstandsya

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

DM-ICE wrote: »

I'd settle for the first two, to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

lordgoat wrote: »
    LeBron is gone back to Ohio too, another one missed out on

Yeah, The Heat will really miss him, but it has to mean something like Ronaldo is coming back home to United... We have to sign Di Maria to keep him happy.
    Fabregas got lost when he returned to London...

The first guy is worse than Ashley Young with crosses though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭twinex

It's photoshop. Pogba will not be moving to united. Very unlikely he will leave juve thus this year
    Vidal is a different story. I think if united put in the right bid, we will get him. That's not saying we will put up the right money. Juve thus will prob hold out for 50million.
    Don't rule out out Di Maria. VG will want someone with pace and can go past a player, to stretch teams out. I think it could happen, but we won't overpay for him.
    Hummels forget about it. No chance.

My opinion is that we will get vidal. 50/50 on Di Maria. As for the defence, I think we will go for vermealen or vlaar. Wouldn't be surprised if we got Daley blind. He can cover LB and CM and can function on the wing.

Great. But don't be shocked if one versatile defender is brought in and that's it.
    Bring in strootman in January

Keane will never allow their (his?) best defender go to United, he just won't. I don't believe we need Di Maria, another attacker. We need a defensive/holding midfielder, whoever that may be......oh, and a sh*t load of defenders.

twinex wrote: »
    Keane will never allow their (his?) best defender go to United, he just won't. I don't believe we need Di Maria, another attacker. We need a defensive/holding midfielder, whoever that may be......oh, and a sh*t load of defenders.

Vlaar aside, you think an assistant manager with foot barely in the door is going to have that much influence on signings? I don't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/chelsea-eye-arsenal-transfer-target-3845123

Chelsea looking for Khedira,that means the end to the Pogba rumours and leaves us in the clear for Vidal as a result.

@MailSport
    Follow
    Arturo Vidal's agent holds talks with Manchester United over a £35m move http://dailym.ai/1kMx8TP

yHUV6.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Pity it's not a credible source

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

People should just enjoy the ride.

its great we are linked with this talent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

zerks wrote: »
    @MailSport
    Follow

Clicked on that link and first thing I noticed is wow they must be trying to set up a libel case for Suarez. Link at the top calls him a biting cheating racist. Bit much for a professional media outlet (even a red top)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

ShooterSF wrote: »
    Clicked on that link and first thing I noticed is wow they must be trying to set up a libel case for Suarez. Link at the top calls him a biting cheating racist. Bit much for a professional media outlet (even a red top)

Been sanctioned for biting, been sanctioned for racist abuse, been sanctioned for diving/simulation.

I think even Matlock himself could have trouble making a case for the prosecution!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Deiseboy01

The truth hurts

Deiseboy01 wrote: »
    The tooth hurts

fyp.:pac:

Been sanctioned for biting, been sanctioned for racist abuse, been sanctioned for diving/simulation.

I think even Matlock himself could have trouble making a case for the prosecution!

I don't know much about the legality of it but wasn't the racism thing in house (F.A) rather than being found guilty by say a court. Not that I'm defending the guy I just thought it was over the top. Christ if you posted on boards you'd probably be infracted and he obviously still has a lot of fans in merseyside so the paper does itself no favour there...

We all know whats gonna happen now we've spoken about Suarez in this thread:

vN8ia.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Words are wind. It'd be great if we signed this talent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

zerks wrote: »
    We all know whats gonna happen now we've spoken about Suarez in this thread:

Amazing!

Words are wind. It'd be great if we signed this talent.

are you saying it comes out my arse?:pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Every summer we're linked with this talent and goes no where and will be the same this summer. I think the club finds it hard to get this kind of deals across the line

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Headshot wrote: »
    Every summer we're linked with this talent and goes no where and will be the same this summer. I think the club finds it hard to get this kind of deals across the line

That, or journalists love making up stories that they never get punished for creating, knowing Woodward and the club will take the blame for failing to do something they never likely even tried...

Lord TSC wrote: »
    That, or journalists love making up stories that they never get punished for creating, knowing Woodward and the club will take the blame for failing to do something they never likely even tried...

As they say. "No news is good news". All of a sudden things have gone silent at United's end.Journalists are posting scraps from foreign sources over the last day or so.Maybe I'm being too optimistic but could this silence mean that the club is about to do something major transfer wise and don't want to fook it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Bitter experience tells me that names we're linked to for ages rarely materialise. Shaw, Herrera, RVP, Mata all were done within a few days with barely a whisper from any rags beforehand or ITK twitter accounts. It's why I think Vermaelen will be wearing a United shirt at a press conference next week but Vidal won't :'(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Lord TSC wrote: »

It's a bit of both I would say. There's just no comeback on bullsh*t. Phrases like "A source close to the player" or "the player has told friends" are basically a licence to print whatever they want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭JerCotter7

thelad95 wrote: »
    Bitter experience tells me that names we're linked to for ages rarely materialise. Shaw, Herrera, RVP, Mata all were done within a few days with barely a whisper from any rags beforehand or ITK twitter accounts. It's why I think Vermaelen will be wearing a United shirt at a press conference next week but Vidal won't :'(

Shaw was linked before the world cup started.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭twinex

Vlaar aside, you think an assistant manager with foot barely in the door is going to have that much influence on signings? I don't.

I do. After a half a dozen games , he, Vlaar that is, has become their most prized asset and a potential talisman for the struggling club......and lets get real, how many people were shouting for Vlaar before the world cup started? after we all witnessed him playing in that defense for Villa last season.

P.S. I think he's a pretty good defender :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,369 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

You mean Vermaelen who has been linked for about a month?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

Within days? There were persistent stories about Mata to Utd from the time Jose took over last Summer. There was weeks of stories about RvP once he declared he was leaving Arsenal in July and we've been getting linked to Shaw for over a year now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 139 ✭✭HaveASnickers

What do people think about Scholes writing for PaddyPower?

They're obviously paying him, and they are looking for publicity so any comment Scholes makes will be taken out of context.

I'd rather Scholes acted like he was known for and kept to himself, not having an opinion of everything while fuelling paddypowers marketing campaigns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Shaw who we've been linked with for a year
    Herrera who we tried to sign last summer
    Mata we tried to sign since Jose abandoned him
    RVP was a summer long pursuit

that's only 4 players....

Vermaelen has been on off the boil for a year
    Vidal is on the boil for a year

the fact the club is saying nothing has me full of confidence
    we fcuked up last summer re Woodward going home early from the tour to wrap up deals which never materialised..

We'll always be linked with players and they'll not always happen

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

They're obviously paying him, and they are looking for publicity so any comment Scholes makes will be taken out of context.

I'd rather Scholes acted like he was known for and kept to himself, not having an opinion of everything while fuelling paddypowers marketing campaigns.

Don't like it at all, I loved scholes for the way he kept to himself and just played football. It kinda cheapens him in my view.

I always loved the 'strong silent type' image which he portrayed through-out his playing career. Arguably the greatest midfielder of his generation, with a world of valuable football knowledge to share - I definitely didn't see Paddy Power as the ones he'd be channeling this knowledge through in his years of retirement.

No doubt that he would have had many journalistic offers from numerous organisations once he hung up his boots, the fact he chose PP is a bit of a baffler for me and does put a blemish on his image for me anyway.

Scholes used to let his football do the talking but now he's retired he seem's to enjoy voicing his opinion and he's got as much right to as any ex-player imo.

Scholes used to let his football do the talking but now he's retired he seem's to enjoy voicing his opinion and he's got as much right to as any ex-player imo.

That's true, it's just the means by which he chooses to voice that opinion which some of us question.

stankratz wrote: »
    That's true, it's just the means by which he chooses to voice that opinion which some of us question.

Oh. I like Paddy Power. They're like that friend who always cracks stupid jokes that hit once and a while but never give up. I just wouldn't have a bet on football with them as other friends are better with odds :D

Oh. I like Paddy Power. They're like that friend who always cracks stupid jokes that hit once and a while but never give up. I just wouldn't have a bet on football with them as other friends are better with odds :D

I guess they are kinda like that alright, but personally I wouldn't piss on them even if they were allergic to piss!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Your spot on. Tis gas listening to those who are of the opinion that the voice of Scholes holds no weight. Those same people were in pampers when he was in his prime and are puking in alleyways right now. He wasn't quite just because he was too shy and if people can understand why he kept to himself throughout his career they might also realize what a great student of the game he was and why his opinions are worth taking note of.

deisedevil wrote: »
    Your spot on. Tis gas listening to those who are of the opinion that the voice of Scholes holds no weight. Those same people were in pampers when he was in his prime and are puking in alleyways right now. He wasn't quite just because he was too shy and if people can understand why he kept to himself throughout his career they might also realize what a great student of the game he was and why his opinions are worth taking note of.

Thankfully there doesn't seem to be anyone like that around here, just a few who question why he chose Paddy Power to voice his opinions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

stankratz wrote: »

Why if anything someone like paddy power would let him say whatever he feels the need to.

We've seen the agenda's that exist in places like sky "Pro British, pretty much propaganda that helped keep Moyes in his job".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 117 ✭✭super hands

looks like we will have adidas as our kit supplier next season. I hear the adidas stripes make players run faster..

http://www.businessinsider.com/nike-drops-out-of-man-united-bidding-2014-7?utm_content=buffer1983b&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭KombuchaMshroom

That $128 million translates to roughly £75 million.
    So from next year on, from simply having the adidas logo on our shirts, the chevrolet logo too and re naming carrington to aon trainimg complex, we will make just shy of £140 million pounds annually for those 3 simple things.

Ed Woodward is a bloody genius!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭KH25

How much is the club in debt at present?

• Advertisement

Ed Woodward football sponsorship genius.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

deisedevil wrote: »

I'm in my early thirties so you are wrong about at least one person who thinks Scholes's opinions hold no weight.

The reason I'm not impressed by his opinions has nothing to do with how good of a player he was and everything to do with the fact that many great players are rubbish at analysing football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Luke shaw turns 19 today and Bebe turns 24!

KH25 wrote: »
    How much is the club in debt at present?

Think it's still somewhere between 3 and 4 hundred million sterling.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭merlinsmerryman

Luke shaw turns 19 today and Bebe turns 24!

Someone from the club wish them a happy birthday quick! :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement