Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Notes in OP,22/7

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

The last time I bet on a transfer was that Mata would stay at Chelsea in January. I suppose I better take one for the team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

Jonathan Johnson @Jon_LeGossip · 4m
    Multiple Spanish outlets now reporting PSG president Nasser Al-Khelaifi in Madrid to finalise signing of Real Madrid's Angel di Maria.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭steoin

Someone from the club wish them a happy birthday quick! :D

Eh they cant take their time with Bebe.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Jonathan Johnson @Jon_LeGossip · 4m

Yeah he is the bookies favourite to join PSG, and di Maria doesn't want United.

Guess United might have to turn their attention to Reus. I think United want to get rid of Young and Nani so will need someone like Reus, given I don't think di Maria is on.

• Advertisement

Trust the Express with transfer rumours as much as you would their weather predictions.

Last Autumn they predicted the coldest winter on record with temperatures down to -20C.
    As we know it was a mild winter, with storms and flooding in Britain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Great video. Apologies if posted before.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Keno wrote: »
    Great video. Apologies if posted before.

His story about his debut for Atletico and his reaction when coach asked him to mark Ronaldo was priceless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭paulbok

RobertKK wrote: »
    Yeah he is the bookies favourite to join PSG, and di Maria doesn't want United.

Guess United might have to turn their attention to Reus. I think United want to get rid of Young and Nani so will need someone like Reus, given I don't think di Maria is on.

Di Maria or Reus?
    Hardly Sophie's choice there for most of us.:D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Seen on Reddit and Twitter that Manchester United have sold all 55,000 season tickets, the fastest season ticket sell out since 2006.....

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Seen on Reddit and Twitter that Manchester United have sold all 55,000 season tickets, the fastest season ticket sell out since 2006.....

It's only the fastest because they enforced an earlier than usual deadline I believe, could be wrong on that though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Montroseee

It's not right if PSG get Di Maria, didn't they get a large fine from FIFA recently becuase of the way the club is financed? The French league is poor aswell but I guess money talks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

Montroseee wrote: »
    It's not right if PSG get Di Maria, didn't they get a large fine from FIFA recently becuase of the way the club is financed? The French league is poor aswell but I guess money talks.

They got a slap on the wrist because they broke the FIFA Fair Play regulations. And they basically stuck two fingers up at FIFA when they signed David Luiz for 50 million.

From Real Madrid to PSG. That's a serious downgrade in a player's career. Money talks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Sorry for been a pain lads but crap wifi which takes ages too load but whats the latest news? I'm home Thursday will stop asking I swear then

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Sorry for been a pain lads but crap wifi which takes ages too load but whats the latest news? I'm home Thursday will stop asking I swear then

No reliable news bar Giggs saying the club have been/are working on deals involving players at the World Cup.

MrMac84 wrote: »

Rumours that we're in for Di Maria, but looks like he's headed to PSG.

Vidal rumour seems to be getting stronger. Nothing definite there.

Vermealen might sign next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Thanks lads

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Larry Wildman

If Di Maria chooses the filthy lucre of PSG, we're better off without him.

The French league is pants...any pro worth his salt should take (say) £120k a week in England rather than (say) £150k a week in France.

If Di Maria chooses the filthy lucre of PSG, we're better off without him.

The French league is pants...any pro worth his salt should take (say) £120k a week in England rather than (say) £150k a week in France.

Was thinking the same thing myself. I'd be more than happy if we just got Vidal and Vermaelen.

DDG
    Raf---Evans----Verm
    Shaw

Carrick

Vidal
    Herrera----

Mata

RVP
    Rooney

Looks good to me. :)

Di Maria doesn't want United, it is speculated that Real Madrid preferred he moved to United over PSG.

If he does move to PSG it would be funny in the future if United met PSG and the same for Real Madrid and they put the oil money team in their place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭KH25

Di Maria is great but I would much prefer we sign Vidal and make that our number one priority. CM and CB are our two weakest areas. They need to be addressed first. I think Depay would be a good choice to cover the wings and he wouldn't cost half as much as Di Maria.

Platini et al need to follow through and throw the book at these mickey mouse teams that happen to have wealthy benefactors (e.g. PSG, City, Chelsea, etc). City's sanctions should only be the beginning.

How can Paris Saint Germain pay £50m for Luiz and tens of millions for Di Maria?

Montroseee wrote: »

It's all a bit crazy. Yesterday, a team who should be banned from making transfers for the summer spent £75m on a player who is banned from football for the next 4 months. There is one language in football, money, and if you speak it loudly you're grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Platini et al need to follow through and throw the book at these mickey mouse teams that happen to have wealthy benefactors (e.g. PSG, City, Chelsea, etc). City's sanctions should only be the beginning.

How can Paris Saint Germain pay £50m for Luiz and tens of millions for Di Maria?

Platini has a son who works at PSG or something. Conflict of interests? Nah, couldnt be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭umop.episdn

Carvalho is the most likely acquisition imo. Don't think Vidal is coming & would be satisfied with the tenacity that Carvalho gives as we are starting to look a little light in physicality through out centre

Am I the only Utd fan not in support of FFP here?

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Burt Macklin

I was very impressed by Vermalen when he first signed for Arsenal, but I wouldn't be as keen on him now. Didn't he lose his place as a first choice centre back last year to Koscielny and Mertesacker?

Compared to the options we have now he's practically Beckenbauer, but that isn't exactly saying much.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Am I the only Utd fan not in support of FFP here?

Honestly, I don't care about clubs getting wealthy investors. Makes the game on the field more interesting.

I hate hypocrisy though and would rather Fifa did nothing, than slap on these ludicrous sanctions they never intend to enforce....

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Honestly, I don't care about clubs getting wealthy investors. Makes the game on the field more interesting.

I hate hypocrisy though and would rather Fifa did nothing, than slap on these ludicrous sanctions they never intend to enforce....

For me it's not really about making the game more interesting, I just think someone should be able to do what they like with the money they earn. I hate the idea that FFP could prohibit a lifelong fan of a club who has done well for themselves investing in their club e.g Jack Walker at Blackburn.

Agreed about Fifa hypocrisy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭hogandrew

Personally I'd like to see clasie and depay who should be reasonably priced. I think Hummels would be the best signing possible this summer.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Guys, I love bashing FIFA as much as anyone, but FFP is UEFAs baby not FIFA.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

KH25 wrote: »
    Di Maria is great but I would much prefer we sign Vidal and make that our number one priority. CM and CB are our two weakest areas. They need to be addressed first. I think Depay would be a good choice to cover the wings and he wouldn't cost half as much as Di Maria.

As long Utd aren't after a traditional winger I think Griezmann would be a good option. He'd get 20 goals/assists a season no prob. Hes refusing to sign a new contract as he wants out this summer.

Surprised Utd haven't been linked given the rags typical scatter gun approach. Hes been linked with Liverpool recently though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

We will need to buy a player with pace and directness, possession game is all well and good but we've seen with Arsenal before how frustrating it can be without a cutting edge with pace

Valencia back in his best year would have been perfect but he's pretty much a dud now, if we don't get Di Maria we could do with getting someone like Griezmann or Rodriguez

We will need to buy a player with pace and directness, possession game is all well and good but we've seen with Arsenal before how frustrating it can be without a cutting edge with pace

Valencia back in his best year would have been perfect but he's pretty much a dud now, if we don't get Di Maria we could do with getting someone like Griezmann or Rodriguez

If PSG get Di Maria, Lucas Moura might be available.

https://twitter.com/CheGiaevara/status/487938837533175808/photo/1 the Chilean paper which says what it says in that link.
    Manchester United offer many millions for Vidal, but want to see his knee first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

He wouldn't be for me tbh.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Reports in Chile papers are unlikely to be more credible than the ones in England.

adox wrote: »
    He wouldn't be for me tbh.

He could be amazing with the right coaching. He's faster than a speeding bullet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Moura could be a monster working under LVG but it's more likely we will get Depay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Think Di Maria will be going into midfield rather than into Moura's position but we could try

Insane raw talent he has and it's crazy that he was left out of the WC squad, his passing is excellent along with his electric pace. He has the potential to be an assist machine

• Advertisement

The Express and its far more than likely made up story.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/488170/Marco-Reus-FURIOUS-with-Barcelona-for-ruining-Man-Utd-chance-by-chasing-Luis-Suarez
    Reports in Spain suggest that Reus can't understand how he has been overlooked for Suarez, who is two years older than he is.

If true, Reus wants to leave Dortmund.
    Reus' annoyance is magnified by the fact that he had discouraged United from following up their interest because he preferred a move to Spain.It is suggested that United had an initial bid for Reus turned down by Borussia Dortmund but failed to return with an improved offer after hearing of the player's preference.
    Dortmund are currently insisting that Reus won't be allowed to leave, but privately the 25-year-old is now wondering about his next move.
    Bayern Munich are known to be long-time admirers but it now remains to be seen whether United rekindle their interest in the German international.

United need to target him if available and if he wants to leave Dortmund this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

I'm starting to get suckered into the transfer rumours now. I've held out this long but i can feel myself starting to wish more and more that these stories are true.

Is it wrong to want Vidal Hummels Reus and Di Maria?

And sell Kagawa Nani Young Cleverley Hernandez and Maybe Welbeck to fund a bit of it. Would you get a combined £70 million for that lot?

If we sign Vidal, Di Maria and Hummels, we will win the title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Season tickets sold out in record time,so much for the naysayers who said we are in decline and the fans would desert the sinking ship.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

zerks wrote: »
    Season tickets sold out in record time,so much for the naysayers who said we are in decline and the fans would desert the sinking ship.

Keep that red flag flyin' high...

and it begins;
    Sport Witness ‏@Sport_Witness 1m
    Tuttosport say Manchester City are trying to overtake their neighbours in a pursuit for Vidal.

TheTownie wrote: »
    and it begins;

Have they not got a fecking transfer ban or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭ciantheod

zerks wrote: »
    I'd say all this idle paper talk of transfers has suited the Glazers down to the ground in the build up to selling seasons tickets, whose to say if they bother making anymore signings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭dor843088

I for one am not sweating this window . There is too much at stake here for united not to have champions league football next season. Written into all these sponsorship deals (i am assuming ) would be massive financial penalties if utd dont get on the biggest stage next year . Woody is going to have to kill his granny to get quality back in this side and make us a competitive European side asap . If he doesnt the consequences will be huge I would imagine.

Sneijder picked up a hamstring injury in the warm-up. Lets hope RVP gets through the match unscathed.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement