Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Notes in OP,22/7

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

We will need to buy a player with pace and directness, possession game is all well and good but we've seen with Arsenal before how frustrating it can be without a cutting edge with pace

Valencia back in his best year would have been perfect but he's pretty much a dud now, if we don't get Di Maria we could do with getting someone like Griezmann or Rodriguez

IMO Rodriguez is a no10 long term but either way we wouldn't have a hope of getting him, especially after reading this.
    Sport Witness ‏@Sport_Witness 2m
    Marca have put real pressure on Real Madrid with their James Rodriguez interview in which he basically begs for a transfer there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,369 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Have they not got a fecking transfer ban or something?

And about 100 players already in his position...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Go wan the RVP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Headshot wrote: »
    Go wan the RVP

Need at least 2 more from him :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

Liam O wrote: »
    And about 100 players already in his position...

If you're Sheikh Al Moneybags Arabguy watching PSG and Barcelona take the piss out of FFP and UEFA then why not buy Man Utd's midfield targets just to keep them weak?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

We're back 0-2 against Brazil :eek:

So much for Cry Argentina :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

The worrying thing about this 5 3 2 formation is that if you have a player like Dirk Kuyt who has no speed or turn of pace in that wing back position you really get nothing going forward. Daley Blind isn't that mobile either.

If you stuck Rafael and Shaw in that formation I think it would be noticeably better.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RichFTW

GSPfan wrote: »
    The worrying thing about this 5 3 2 formation is that if you have a player like Dirk Kuyt who has no speed or turn of pace in that wing back position you really get nothing going forward. Daley Blind isn't that mobile either.

If you stuck Rafael and Shaw in that formation I think it would be noticeably better.

I was just about to post something similar!

I'm a bit worried by the amount of game time Kuyt gets under LVG. Could mean Valencia has a place already lined up in a similar role.

RichFTW wrote: »

I'm a bit worried by the amount of game time Kuyt gets under LVG. Could mean Valencia has a place already lined up in a similar role.

Valencia was on my mind too but I'd bet even Valencia would be better there than Kuyt. Kuyt really is offering nothing it that team in that position other than a work ethic.

Its bizarre there isn't a better player than kuyt in the dutch squad for that position.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭umop.episdn

GSPfan wrote: »
    Valencia was on my mind too but I'd bet even Valencia would be better there than Kuyt. Kuyt really is offering nothing it that team in that position other than a work ethic.

Its bizarre there isn't a better player than kuyt in the dutch squad for that position.

Of course there is, but even the best coaches have blind spots for a player who can do a specific job to the managers instruction

The Iron Tulip when he was just an Iron Bulb.

BsXxRN4IEAEiWta.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

RichFTW wrote: »

He's not playing this system by choice though. Likely we'll never see him attempt to implement it at Utd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

****ing dirty tackle of RVP. No surprise who it was either

Thuggish tackle

Poor Herrera looks like hes being hustled in some way.

10326554_1407381826153277_2026836262_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

TheTownie wrote: »
    Poor Herrera looks like hes being hustled in some way.

10326554_1407381826153277_2026836262_n.jpg

They had dinner with Anderson and Herrera got roped into paying the bill

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

did anyone see or what it appears to look like in that bottom right of picture:P

can I just say how I would love to be as "fat" as Anderson:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Wonder where Anderson will end up? Surely there's no way we're going to keep him for another year.

Telegraph: Juventus are lining up a £20m bid for Spurs midfielder Paulinho, #mufc are expected to sign Vidal, should the deal go through.

It's on!!

zerks wrote: »
    Telegraph: Juventus are lining up a £20m bid for Spurs midfielder Paulinho, #mufc are expected to sign Vidal, should the deal go through.

It's on!!

like Donkey Kong

• Advertisement

zerks wrote: »

It's on!!

Well if our deal hinges on a negotiation between Juve and Daniel Levy I wouldn't be too confident.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

I'm too far gone in Vidal to United. It's happening.

It's fine, I'll be ok, go on without me.

I'm too far gone in Vidal to United. It's happening.

It's fine, I'll be ok, go on without me.

Hold on!!

Im coming with you........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Must..resist...urge..to..post...Kate...Upton...dancing...reaction

classy from LVG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

gg lvg

BR my hole.

Cry me an Argentina :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

An now we have a manager officially again!

The differences in feelings compared to this time last year is brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Can't wait for the season to start. Netherlands were superb in this world cup especially defensively.

4 KO games, 1 goal conceded. 2 games went to penalties too. They also played against Brazil and Argentina and still didn't concede. That's a fantastic record when your best CB is Vlaar and whole defense plays in Dutch league.

That 3rd goal kinda proves what i was getting at earlier with Janmaat overlapping at speed for the 3rd goal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Brazil got served.... again, nice.

Time for the reign of The Iron Tulip!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

This time last year i wasnt feeling good about the team at all but this year im scared that lvg has me too confidant

Brazil got served.... again, nice.

Time for the reign of The Iron Tulip!

My feelings to a t.. It may not be this year but very soon the EPL will feel it. (Maybe sooner then expect though) ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Mirror reporting Hummels staying at Dortmund and Vidal and Di Maria are too expensive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Mirror reporting Hummels staying at Dortmund and Vidal and Di Maria are too expensive.
    And that a quality paper!:)

Vlaar, De Jong, and Depay it is so.

sky88 wrote: »
    This time last year i wasnt feeling good about the team at all but this year im scared that lvg has me too confidant

Embrace it man.. Just enjoy ;)

Hopefully we sign Vrij. Only 22 years old and looked excellent for Netherlands. He is very good on the ball too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

I wouldn't pay any notice to the Sunday papers. They are the worst of a bad bunch

• Advertisement

not sure how accurate but on few twitter feeds at this stage
    Arjen Robben has revealed that Louis van Gaal told him there will "always be a spot for him" at Manchester United. (Source: NOS Dutch TV)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭dor843088

Too expensive considering the implications of missing out on another champions league spot ? I think not. Unless of course the powers that be consider the squad as it stands is good enough, which I doubt. Lvg is no idiot. More signings are a necessity and inevitable.

Just not having to watch Val/Young on the wings as first choice..

Yka2zH2.gif

He said then that he's staying at Bayern.

Van Gaal told the same interviewer that he'll (LVG) be in Manchester on Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭KH25

There's another quote from him saying he is happy at Bayern and doesn't want to leave.

United Report ?@UtdReport 3m
    AS: Vidal's agent (@ffelicevich) has told La Tercera that his client is close to joining Manchester United.

AS English @English_AS
    United abandon Di María chase and close in on Vidal http://as.com/diarioas/2014/07/12/english/1405201685_520002.html
    3:59 AM - 13 Jul 2014

Not sure how signing a CM has impact on signing a winger unless we don't have enough money.

Hopefully we sign Di Maria, we need a flying winger who is not afraid to take on a FB back at OT.

• Advertisement

Brace yourself

Vidal Agent+chile tv+ twitter= internet about to go bonkers.

Brace yourself

Hows does the above make Kew feel? Is the question..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

I dont believe so called "quotes" until i see actual proof, way too many fakes quotes around t'internet.

Brace yourself

Dutch tv pundit saying of the current Dutch team,Depay and De Vrij are most likely to join LVG at United.

Those 2 and Vidal by next week would be nice.

Brace yourself

:( That original tweet has been tagged as fake.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement