Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Notes in OP,22/7

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Paj

Depay has a bright future ahead of him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

I think the Vidal/agent report is a mistake.

AS reference Chilean paper La Tercera as the source. I'm fairly sure that report makes no mention of Vidal's agent telling them anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

zerks wrote: »
    Dutch tv pundit saying of the current Dutch team,Depay and De Vrij are most likely to join LVG at United.

Those 2 and Vidal by next week would be nice.

Reckon Depay talk will get little stronger in coming weeks.

Of course DEpay might want something else.
    user2011 wrote: »
    Hows does the above make Kew feel? Is the question..

I am a Ed Woodward believer.

The man can be bigger then Jesus Christ. He might not be able to walk on water, but he get unlimited amount of £££££.

zerks wrote: »
    :( That original tweet has been tagged as fake.

not that shocked to hear that..

still lot on twitter are not up to speed:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

I hate this ****e....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Reckon Depay talk will get little stronger in coming weeks.

I am a Ed Woodward believer.

The man can be bigger then Jesus Christ. He might not be able to walk on water, but he get unlimited amount of £££££.

I is god, as in the believer

I approve!!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Robben was asked after the game whether Van Gaal was looking to bring him to United - said no, that he was happy at Bayern but Van Gaal told him there's always space for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I really get tired of posters quoting Twitter without checking the facts. First trace the twit to find its origin then ring the Vidal's agent to confirm and only then can you post the quote

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Dutch football writer who seems to be pretty spot on
    Elko Born ‏@Elko_B
    Van Persie: 'We'll go on a short holiday, and then we'll come back for what I think will be a fantastic season'
    Elko Born ‏@Elko_B
    RVP, laughing, on potential Dutch signings: 'I'll admit that I know a little bit more than you sometimes, but I can't say anything!'

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Elko Born ‏@Elko_B 2m
    RVP, laughing, on potential Dutch signings: 'I'll admit that I know a little bit more than you sometimes, but I can't say anything!'

Hopefully Vrij..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Elko Born ‏@Elko_B 2m

Hopefully Vrij..

He was very good tonight again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Skybet have suspended betting on Vidal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

You must know by now that this means nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Still widely available. PP have it at 5/6. Other bookies as low as 1/6. Again means feck all in the grand scheme of things

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

You must know by now that this means nothing.

I know I should :p

Official statement in a few hours according to mundo deportivo. Making reference to the chike newspaper though

http://www.mundodeportivo.com/20140713/futbol/internacional/arturo-vidal-muy-cerca-de-fichar-por-el-manchester-united_54411055742.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

With the exception of Robben, none of that Dutch squad excite me greatly. Depay would be alright but I'd be hoping for much more than Depay in the next month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Oh god i just realised theres 7 more weeks in this window. God help is all.

J. Marston wrote: »
    With the exception of Robben, none of that Dutch squad excite me greatly. Depay would be alright but I'd be hoping for much more than Depay in the next month.

Expect a defender at least i'd say. DeVrij being a good bet. The rest i'd pass on to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

What do ye think on us coming close to a title or winning. Ie. 5 points.

I think we could win with Vidal and hummels?

And a lb

Only me?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

What do ye think on us coming close to a title or winning. Ie. 5 points.

I think we could win with Vidal and hummels?

And a lb

Only me?
    I think we'll need two first choice quality CBs to be honest, and if Hummels ends up being one those I'd be delighted (probably accompanied by a Dutch CB like Vlaar or De Vrij). That would be a lovely bit of business.

I wouldn't want to be relying on Evans to stay fit all season but as backup he would be great, same goes for Jones and Smalling; if we end up seeing one of those playing first choice in a central position we'll be leaking goals.

Daley Blind would be an exceptional signing though, he can cover for Shaw at LB, he can play slightly more advanced, he can play in midfield and he can do a job at CB too. He would be a player we would be able to utilise a great deal given our current talent resources.

Then again, this is all fantacy bull****, but if our transfer window panned out similar to this, I think we would be in awesome condition and fully in contention for the title.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Nailz wrote: »
    I think we'll need two first choice quality CBs to be honest, and if Hummels ends up being one those I'd be delighted (probably accompanied by a Dutch CB like Vlaar or De Vrij). That would be a lovely bit of business.

I wouldn't want to be relying on Evans to stay fit all season but as backup he would be great, same goes for Jones and Smalling; if we end up seeing one of those playing first choice in a central position we'll be leaking goals.

Daley Blind would be an exceptional signing though, he can cover for Shaw at LB, he can play slightly more advanced, he can play in midfield and he can do a job at CB too. He would be a player we would be able to utilise a great deal given our current talent resources.

Then again, this is all fantacy bull****, but if our transfer window panned out similar to this, I think we would be in awesome condition and fully in contention for the title.

Yes exactly. One hummels and a fairly good cb and we could be in the running by a few points plus Vidal of course.

I think lvg has it in him after this World Cup to motivate the lads to do well .

I kinda wish he was 10 years younger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I'm preparing for a battle for 4th and maybe us just nicking it at the end, obviously if we buy 3 world class players that's going to change and I'd expect us to at least challenge for the top spot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

I'm preparing for a battle for 4th and maybe us just nicking it at the end, obviously if we buy 3 world class players that's going to change and I'd expect us to at least challenge for the top spot

Agree with you, think another midfielder and center back and we will be up there.

I think Liverpool will struggle next season, not a jab to our friends here on the forum but replacing someone like Suarez is impossible.

I think next year it will be United City Chelsea Arsenal in the top 4, a bold statement I know :pac:

So excited for the season to start!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

These are alleged Vidal quotes from Chilean TV....
    @CheGiaevara

OK, so it seems as if Arturo Vidal has just done an interview in Chile just now in which he was asked about Manchester United.
    La Tercera have picked up the interview in which a journalist for the TV channel Chilevision asked him several questions.
    Arturo Vidal (according to La Tercera): "I've heard the rumours, but I haven't spoken more about this topic". (1/3)
    Arturo Vidal (according to La Tercera): "I'm enjoying my holidays, and when I return to Italy I'll see what happens." (2/3)
    Arturo Vidal (according to La Tercera): "I'm very calm, and anyone would love to play for one of the biggest clubs in the world" (3/3)

Again, alleged.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

United just put up a facebook picture with Giggs and the 11 shirt saying, "who will wear no.11 next?".....at 4:15am.

ITS HAPPENING.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

J. Marston wrote: »
    These are alleged Vidal quotes from Chilean TV....

Again, alleged.

Quotes would appear to be genuine.

http://mobile.latercera.com/noticia/deportes/2014/07/656-586488-9-arturo-vidal-y-opcion-de-m-united-cuando-vuelva-a-italia-vere-que-pasa.shtml

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Vidal is happening, just need a winger and a centre back.
    If Hummels is staying then use the Di Maria money for Reus.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Larry Wildman

United just put up a facebook picture with Giggs and the 11 shirt saying, "who will wear no.11 next?".....at 4:15am.

ITS HAPPENING.

That would imply Di Maria, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Compared Vrij with other CBs who had good world cup and its fair to say he is up there with the best in this world cup. Not sure who was the last CB who impressed me so much in such short time.

Hopefully we go all out for him.

BsZ9K9-CUAAM6kB.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

That would imply Di Maria, no?

Probably Adnan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Yes exactly. One hummels and a fairly good cb

If we buy 2 centre backs we might as well pack the bags for Jones and Smallings right now. Their biggest problem has been a lack of game time in their natural positions, any further time as 4th/5th place defenders and they will never develop to their potential. That would be a horrible waste in my opinion.

We aren't in Europe next season, we can take the risk, lets just play the lads for gods sake.

Genuinely excited about the rest of this transfer window! :)

Has there ever been a signing announced on a Sunday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,969 ✭✭✭billyhead

Al Capwned wrote: »
    Genuinely excited about the rest of this transfer window! :)

Has there ever been a signing announced on a Sunday?

were not going to announce a new signing today. We only announce signings when the stock exchange is open as were a listed company

You're not the only one Billyhead, so don't take this personally.
    But I really wish people would actually learn what has to happen as regards our signings and the stock exchange.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Ed The Equalizer

But I really wish people would actually learn what has to happen as regards our signings and the stock exchange.

Maybe you could teach us so...

On the top of Corriere dello Sport, 'Vidal, Juve under siege, United attack with £35 million offer'.

Sport witness: "Arturo Vidal has got Manchester United fans all of a flutter on social media and perhaps for once there's foundation to that."

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/arturo-vidal-drops-big-manchester-united-move-hint-after-medical-

It is on so maybe Daley Blind then for a multi-purpose role?
    Defensive midfielder, back up left back, maybe winger if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭dor843088

Do tell.

On the stock market, big announcements that affect share price - like earnings reports for example happen before market is open or after it closed.
    If something big is about to break during a trading session, the stock is halted and no trading can take place till the news is out.
    So the normal practice is to announce something before or after trading.

Sunday is a perfect day for an announcement, the market is closed, but I don't see anything happening today, a bit to go yet in the Vidal story, could happen this week though.

Sky bet re-opened their betting on Vidal to United.

They moved the odds from 13/8 to 1/6.

This better happen, but Vidal has said the right things so more than hopeful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

RobertKK wrote: »
    Sky bet re-opened their betting on Vidal to United.

They moved the odds from 13/8 to 1/6.

This better happen, but Vidal has said the right things so more than hopeful.

What odds on him to stay?

• Advertisement

Headshot wrote: »
    What odds on him to stay?

Skybet have no odds on that.

Here is my guess: at 1/6 the odds to stay must be at least 3/1???
    Someone will probably find the correct odds somewhere.

Taok wrote: »
    Maybe you could teach us so...
    dor843088 wrote: »
    Do tell.

RobertKK has it fairly spot on here....
    On the stock market, big announcements that affect share price - like earnings reports for example happen before market is open or after it closed.
    If something big is about to break during a trading session, the stock is halted and no trading can take place till the news is out.
    So the normal practice is to announce something before or after trading.

Sunday is a perfect day for an announcement, the market is closed, but I don't see anything happening today, a bit to go yet in the Vidal story, could happen this week though.

The two biggest announcements of the last couple years with United were Ferguson retiring, and Moyes leaving the club. Both of these announcements, if my mind is not failing me, were made at around 9am our time, which is 4am in New York.
    My understanding is that that only any announcements that will have any potential effect on share prices needs to be announced when trading is closed.

I'm sure there are posters on here that can explain it better than I can, but there is so much misinformation doing the rounds, that it is hard to actually get a definitive answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭umop.episdn

Robben stated last night that even though LVG is the most important coach in his life, he has no wish to move to United.
    May have something to do with RVP as there were captaincy issues that LVG had to sort out

Robben stated last night that even though LVG is the most important coach in his life, he has no wish to move to United.
    May have something to do with RVP as there were captaincy issues that LVG had to sort out

In fairness I be very annoyed with any player that would come out openly and say they want to leave.

Although I am not suggesting he wants to come.

Its a non runner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Meh, wouldn't take Robben anyway, decent footballer but a thoroughly unlikeable character.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Ed The Equalizer

Meh, wouldn't take Robben anyway, decent footballer but a thoroughly unlikeable character.

Had a good laugh at Brian Kerr's analysis of him last night!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭KH25

Taok wrote: »
    Had a good laugh at Brian Kerr's analysis of him last night!

Kerr obviously hates him. It was verging on ridiculous at some stages. I don't like how Robben acts on the pitch but Kerr brought up diving etc every single chance he had.

Robben is a great player, at least with his diving, his overall play easily makes up for it.
    Wouldn't say no but it will not be happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

On the top of Corriere dello Sport, 'Vidal, Juve under siege, United attack with £35 million offer'.

Sport witness: "Arturo Vidal has got Manchester United fans all of a flutter on social media and perhaps for once there's foundation to that."

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/arturo-vidal-drops-big-manchester-united-move-hint-after-medical-

It is on so maybe Daley Blind then for a multi-purpose role?
    Defensive midfielder, back up left back, maybe winger if needed.

That's one way to get traffic. Not sure I believe it though.

• Advertisement

The twitter ITK's are very cocky now on the Vidal story. Claiming they broke the news days ago that it was a done deal. They normally do this right before official confirmation.

I'd also say Adnan will get the number 11 shirt. And rightly so. Perfect way to honour that shirt by giving it to a kid who could play for united for 15 years.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement