Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Notes in OP,22/7

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

RobertKK wrote: »
    Marca in Spain are claiming Vidal has his bags already packed in preparation for his move to Manchester.

How they are suppose to know that is questionable.

I won't believe it until I see a pic of said bags.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

TheTownie wrote: »
    I won't believe it until I see a pic of said bags.

packed-bag-ready-to-close.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

a mate of mine is over in Portugal for the summer and says the bebe to Benfica deal is being talked about alot.

would be a great move for the lad and hopefully we will get €5m+ for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

75% done ?! Lol

It was actually 76.67% complete but 75% is a much better number.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭KH25

a mate of mine is over in Portugal for the summer and says the bebe to Benfica deal is being talked about alot.

would be a great move for the lad and hopefully we will get €5m+ for him.

Hopefully it happens. Heard he won player of the year last season for the team he was loaned to (can't recall the exact name :P). Delighted for him. He gets a lot of abuse because of his transfer, but that wasn't his fault. Hopefully he gets a good move and makes a decent career for himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

He's in the last year of his contract isn't he? That, coupled with the fact that he is who he is and United rarely seem to get good money for players, will probably mean he'll go for about £2-3 million I'd say.

To think Bebe could be playing European football next year and United won't is funny/depressing in a way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Lord TSC wrote: »
    We sign Vidal, I'll be posting them with ye :pac:

@marca
    Follow
    Vidal prepara las maletas para marcharse a Manchester http://ow.ly/z6pd
    Q

"Vidal packing his bags for Manchester"

stoked-o.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

KH25 wrote: »
    Hopefully it happens. Heard he won player of the year last season for the team he was loaned to (can't recall the exact name :P). Delighted for him. He gets a lot of abuse because of his transfer, but that wasn't his fault. Hopefully he gets a good move and makes a decent career for himself.

Still has more League medals than Gerard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

We should get a buy back clause in Bebes contract just in case

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

If Vidal was the next and last signing in this window how happy/disappointed would ye be?

I would be absolutely delighted.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Larry Wildman

I'm not celebrating until I know for sure that we haven't bought Gore Vidal to write programme notes...but holy f..k, Arturo Vidal is the player we've needed for years.

I'm liking this new novel approach:

"We need a midfielder. Who's the best in the world? Him? Okay. Get him."

Edit: RIP Gore Vidal

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Are we all believing Marca and morons on twitter now lads? Is the Daily Mail replacing the BBC as our trusted source?

We are not signing Vidal.

I think that's pretty obvious.

zerks wrote: »
    Still has more League medals than Gerard.

Never gets old :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,969 ✭✭✭billyhead

Not a chance we will get Vidal. Hes just teasing us with the comments about playing for the biggest club in the world and obviously his agent is leaking rumours he might be signing. All a ploy to get a bigger contract, On a side note I love the Argentina national anthem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

billyhead wrote: »
    Not a chance we will get Vidal. Hes just teasing us with the comments about playing for the biggest club in the world and obviously his agent is leaking rumours he might be signing. All a ploy to get a bigger contract, On a side note I love the Argentina national anthem

He only signed a lucrative new contract a couple of months ago...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

€5.5m a year his salary is, he could command a lot more than that at united.

http://forzaitalianfootball.com/2013/12/details-of-arturo-vidals-new-juventus-contract-revealed/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Looking forward to the Hummels stories gathering pace after the World Cup is over now and also what has happened to the Schweinstegger rumours?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

€5.5m a year his salary is, he could command a lot more than that at united.

http://forzaitalianfootball.com/2013/12/details-of-arturo-vidals-new-juventus-contract-revealed/

That's net salary, which is around 170K pounds per week the way English paper reports.

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    That's net salary, which is around 170K pounds per week the way English paper reports.

You sure it's net? Also it's euros and the rumour mill reported united were offering £230k which is a huge increase on €110k he seems to be currently on. Pogba is on pretty low wages too comparatively. It's what I always maintain, these rumors are agents pimping their clients out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Hummells getting ruined by messi twice.

The list of defenders who haven't been ruined by Messi is very small.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

You sure it's net? Also it's euros and the rumour mill reported united were offering £230k which is a huge increase on €110k he seems to be currently on. Pogba is on pretty low wages too comparatively. It's what I always maintain, these rumors are agents pimping their clients out.

Italian, Spanish papers report net wages. Yeah its 11 Million Euros which is around 8.8 million pounds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

KH25 wrote: »
    The list of defenders who haven't been ruined by Messi is very small.

True.

In normal circumstances does he lack pace ?

True.

In normal circumstances does he lack pace ?

From what I've seen of him, no.

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Italian, Spanish papers report net wages. Yeah its 11 Million Euros which is around 8.8 million pounds.

Interesting, never knew that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Lots of defenders end up in trouble when teams play with a high line.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭ericzeking

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Lots of defenders end up in trouble when teams play with a high line.

And lots and lots of defenders end up in trouble when faced with Messi!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Don't know lads,Hummels does look a bit one paced,am not as delighted we are meant to be in for him as I was pre kick off,likes of Rio in his prime wouldn't have been left for dead like Hummels was twice by Messi in first half.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Don't know lads,Hummels does look a bit one paced,am not as delighted we are meant to be in for him as I was pre kick off,likes of Rio in his prime wouldn't have been left for dead like Hummels was twice by Messi in first half.

United wouldn't be playing as high a line as Germany to be getting caught out.

user2011 wrote: »
    United wouldn't be playing as high a line as Germany to be getting caught out.
    Agree but you don't want your main CB signing to be a lad who can be left for dead in a one on one which will happen several times a season in important games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,232 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

messi is probably in top 3 of best ever players he is also lightening fast give hummels a break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Agree but you don't want your main CB signing to be a lad who can be left for dead in a one on one which will happen several times a season in important games.

So you sign a defender who's quicker but not quite as good actually defending?

Vidic used to look crap against Torres. Still a brilliant defender.

GSPfan wrote: »
    Vidic used to look crap against Torres. Still a brilliant defender.

Very true. Torres used to terrorise Vidic quite a lot. Even the best can be made to look ordinary when they face world class opponents.

Maybe we should sign Usain Bolt and play him at centre half?

Problem solved.

Won't happen if the high line isn't being played.

And just from the few games in WC, LvG won't be playing the high line. Weather it's 5-3-2 or 4-3-3 the defense will be set right, be deep then counter.

I wouldn't be signing/not signing Hummels to stop Messi, I'd be happy to sign him to get us to face him then let the manager get the tactics right to stop him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

If we're judging players based on how they do in 45 minutes against Lionel Messi then we'll never sign anyone.

Relax lads,just making the point that he's not the complete package.

In your opinion then, who is?

That Argentina jersey is beautiful by the way. I'm crossing my fingers for adidas to win the contract for our kit. Please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

Who would you have instead of him?

I was at the Champions League semi-final in 2008. United dealt with Messi really well that night. Evra in particular was unreal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,771 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

I was at the Champions League semi-final in 2008. United dealt with Messi really well that night. Evra in particular was unreal.

Messi was barely back from an injury.

The thing is, when he is on it nobody can stop him. He is not the yardstick to use when measuring a defender.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

GSPfan wrote: »
    That Argentina jersey is beautiful by the way. I'm crossing my fingers for adidas to win the contract for our kit. Please.

Adidas or not that ****ing huge Chevrolet logo will ruin the jersey regardless

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Hummels has been excellent

dahat wrote: »

Was thinking of signing up to twitter to start a "no chev logo" on United jersey campaign :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Hummels has been excellent

Wouldn't say excellent he's been OK. Boateng has played better than him.

Wouldn't sign anyone,Evans and Jones are up to it,just keep them fit,signing off now;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Nemanrio

dahat wrote: »

Agreed sponsorship logos in general destroy a jersey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Felexicon

Mother of god. Was going to come in and jokingly post that I wouldn't buy Hummells now because Messi has made him look a bit ordinary at times tonight.

Some people just shouldn't comment on footballers

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement