Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Notes in OP,22/7

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Don't know lads,Hummels does look a bit one paced,am not as delighted we are meant to be in for him as I was pre kick off,likes of Rio in his prime wouldn't have been left for dead like Hummels was twice by Messi in first half.

Jesus dodged a bullet with that Kroos lad aswell, thank god we didn't get him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Felexicon

duffman13 wrote: »
    Jesus dodged a bullet with that Kroos lad aswell, thank god we didn't get him.

Yeah, I mean that one mistake when he put Higuain in proves he's not up to it at this level.

Might suit a promotion hopeful like Leeds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Edit, wrong thread

• Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭KH25

Some days its just not worth reading some of the crap posted here.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭rebeve

Felexicon wrote: »
    Yeah, I mean that one mistake when he put Higuain in proves he's not up to it at this level.

Might suit a promotion hopeful like Leeds

To be fair , he had a poor game . He ain`t no Paul Scholes thats for sure .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭macslash

If I'm not mistaken I think our former youth keeper Ron Robert Zieler is in the German squad and now has a World Cup medal! Fair play lad!

rebeve wrote: »
    To be fair , he had a poor game . He ain`t no Paul Scholes thats for sure .

Ah come off it! Not great tonight but he is a class player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I've a sneaky suspicion that Schweinsteiger will join United,himself,Vidal & Herrera in midfield.
    Schweinsteiger playing in Carrick's role would be awesome,no fear of him going hiding in games.

Nice to see that Mascherano didn't win the World Cup for Liverpool.;);)

zerks wrote: »
    I've a sneaky suspicion that Schweinsteiger will join United,himself,Vidal & Herrera in midfield.
    Schweinsteiger playing in Carrick's role would be awesome,no fear of him going hiding in games.

Schweinsteiger and Mascherano were absolute warriors tonight, old school performances full of heart!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Larry Wildman

Mascherano was unreal tonight.

There are about six of that German squad any one of whom would be a great signing for United.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

I know tonight wasn't his best performance but Kroos to Madrid for £25m is an outrageously good piece of business. It's hard to imagine LVG turned his nose up at him. I'd say he dropped interest in Man Utd as soon as Real came calling.

If we managed to land Vidal it might take the sting out of it though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Quandary wrote: »
    I know tonight wasn't his best performance but Kroos to Madrid for £25m is an outrageously good piece of business. It's hard to imagine LVG turned his nose up at him. I'd say he dropped interest in Man Utd as soon as Real came calling.

If we managed to land Vidal it might take the sting out of it though!

I don't agree with not signing him but Van Gaal coached him at Bayern so you'd have to imagine he'd know all about him and would know if and where he'd fit in his team and he obviously he doesn't see him in his team if we're not In for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I really hope that we get a new player this week coming, iv withdrawn symptoms already. I need a fix to keep me going

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,369 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

So happy Germany won, and not must because I'll be spending all you guy's money shortly :p

Headshot wrote: »
    I really hope that we get a new player this week coming, iv withdrawn symptoms already. I need a fix to keep me going

Speaking to Chilean newspaper La Tercera about a potential move to United, Vidal said: 'I've heard about the rumours, but I haven't spoken more about this subject.

'I'm enjoying my holidays, and when I return to Italy I'll see what happens.

'I'm very calm, but anyone would love to play for one of the biggest clubs in the world.'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

zerks wrote: »
    Speaking to Chilean newspaper La Tercera about a potential move to United, Vidal said: 'I've heard about the rumours, but I haven't spoken more about this subject.

'I'm enjoying my holidays, and when I return to Italy I'll see what happens.

'I'm very calm, but anyone would love to play for one of the biggest clubs in the world.'

I just want to ask, is that directly from the player or is it made up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

I just want to ask, is that directly from the player or is it made up?

Nah, its real. Wording could be slightly different as its translated, but thats the gist of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

"Copy and Paste" We are not signing Vidal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭roshje

user2011 wrote: »
    "Copy and Paste" We are not signing Vidal.

Copy and Paste are they reliable?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

roshje wrote: »

I hear they're the source of most transfer stories, so yes and no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

roshje wrote: »

"The only source that can be relied on" ;)

Arsenal and Chelsea with World Cup winners in there squad now! We gotta sign Hummels and Reus now.

Actually just trying to think who is the last player who was a united player when they won the world cup. Genuinely trying to think of any outside the 66 lads.

Arsenal and Chelsea with World Cup winners in there squad now! We gotta sign Hummels and Reus now.

Actually just trying to think who is the last player who was a united player when they won the world cup. Genuinely trying to think of any outside the 66 lads.

OT: Technically not a World Cup winner, and I feel sorry for him that he isn't. Would love to see him signed up. He is ready to leave Dortmund if reports of his failed deal to Barca are real.

Would it be Barthez in '98?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Kleberson?

thelad95 wrote: »
    Kleberson?

Actually I think this is the correct answer. Brazil '02 in South Korea.

Kleberson?

He signed after the world cup

OT: Technically not a World Cup winner, and I feel sorry for him that he isn't. Would love to see him signed up. He is ready to leave Dortmund if reports of his failed deal to Barca are real.

Would it be Barthez in '98?

we still had the Dane in 98

So a quick Google and only Stiles, Connollly and Charlton have won a world cup while playing for united and only 9 players ever! That's a bit shocking to me for some reason

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Saucy McKetchup

KH25 wrote: »
    Some days its just not worth reading some of the crap posted here.....

It's like the daily mail, ITK twitter accounts and a load of 12 year old schoolboy chat all rolled into one thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Kleberson?

Did we not get Kleberson after he won the WC?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

So a quick Google and only Stiles, Connollly and Charlton have won a world cup while playing for united and only 9 players ever! That's a bit shocking to me for some reason

Nah. Has no relevance at all. Most United greats would be English, Scottish, Welsh, Irish and they have 1 world cup between them in 84 years.

We are only now starting to flood the squad with quality foreign internationals so it may change dramatically over the next few world cups. Our Spanish personnel may deliver.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Sandraevra

So, Van Gall, Will he deliver, Whats expected of man united fans?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Sandraevra wrote: »
    Whats expected of man united fans?

Petty squabling over Nani, baseless praise of Shinji Kagawa, and numerous formations that include 4/5 players who don't and never will play for us.

Petty squabling over Nani, baseless praise of Shinji Kagawa, and numerous formations that include 4/5 players who don't and never will play for us.

So 7th again?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

So 7th again?

No we're destined for a relegation battle. We'll sell the club by January and just change to a women's team.

Jog on, there's a good lad.

ElChe32 wrote: »
    No we're destined for a relegation battle. We'll sell the club by January and just change to a women's team.

Jog on, there's a good lad.

Wow.

Jog on yourself boy.

Wow.

Jog on yourself boy.

It's clear (judging by your other posts) you are only in here to get some sort of troll reaction. So I thought I'd save you the bother.

It's clear (judging by your other posts) you are only in here to get some sort of troll reaction. So I thought I'd save you the bother.

Calling me a Troll is against the charter?
    So you post calling me out, don't, don't you worry.

I didn't call you a troll, I said you were looking to get some sort of troll reaction. But go on we'll just sit and wait for your amazing footballing insight into all things United.

• Advertisement

Anyway, back to United. Lets hope we tie up a deal or two in the coming week and kick off the tour on a positive note.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,232 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

My bro in law and his mates were oh so quiet when talks of who united could sign and realistically who merseysiders will lol back to business goodbye moyes :D

My bro in law and his mates were oh so quiet when talks of who united could sign and realistically who merseysiders will lol back to business goodbye moyes :D

Shaw 30m Herrera 40m lol overrated shi7te.

Shaw 30m Herrera 40m lol overrated shi7te.
    Annnnnnnnnnnnnd that didn't take you long.

Annnnnnnnnnnnnd that didn't take you long.

Attack the post not the poster. charter. and all that.

*yawn* 20 times

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Both of you go to your rooms. Now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

In fairness ElChe32 was right.

World cup over, now back to the more important club football :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭KH25

Hopefully with the WC over we 'll now see some quick transfers. I think 3 would be perfect. A CM, CB and a winger. Would be delighted with Vidal, Hummels and someone like Depay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

He closed his account he couldn't hack it :P delighted LVG is coming on Wednesday hopefully we tie up a few signings and get to see the team we missed so bad last year.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement