Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Notes in OP,22/7

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Well they are saying Vidal is getting ready for a move to United at £35 million. He said he will sort it out after he comes back from his holidays but when asked about joining united he said he heard the rumours and hasn't spoken more about the subject yet and then added 'I'm very calm, but anyone would love to play for one of the biggest clubs in the world.' So hopefully we can get him.

Reus on the other hand seems like he might be a lost cause, I really wanted us to sign him and if he goes to liverpool I'll be broken ha.

Would love to see Hummels, Vidal and Reus join us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Well they are saying Vidal is getting ready for a move to United at £35 million. He said he will sort it out after he comes back from his holidays but when asked about joining united he said he heard the rumours and hasn't spoken more about the subject yet and then added 'I'm very calm, but anyone would love to play for one of the biggest clubs in the world.' So hopefully we can get him.

Reus on the other hand seems like he might be a lost cause, I really wanted us to sign him and if he goes to liverpool I'll be broken ha.

Would love to see Hummels, Vidal and Reus join us.

Marco Reus wont join Liverpool, that would be a horrendous move for him. He is hot propoerty and could get into just about any big side in the world, I don't see how or why he would go to Liverpool.

Tell me thats not a redtop rumour? That would really take the mickey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Saucy McKetchup

joe316 wrote: »
    Looks like this is the signing today.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2691296/Manchester-United-seal-70m-year-kit-deal-Adidas-ending-13-seasons-Nike.html

I know, I know. A Daily Fail link :(

Read that the deal is the same as the bottom 8 premier league team's ticket sales combined each year.

Signing of the SEASON!!!
    Adidas-Man-Utd-Leak.jpg

Can't wait to see the quality of the kits :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Were kicking off the season on the opening day at 12.45 on BT sports apparantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

TheDoc wrote: »
    Marco Reus wont join Liverpool, that would be a horrendous move for him. He is hot propoerty and could get into just about any big side in the world, I don't see how or why he would go to Liverpool.

Tell me thats not a redtop rumour? That would really take the mickey.

Well saw today that Liverpool apparently are making a £45 million bid. Just a bid at the end of the day, saw it on the Guardian but it was on other papers too. Hopefully he turns it down, I've wanted united to sign him for a while and if he went to liverpool I'd be devastated ha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Well saw today that Liverpool apparently are making a £45 million bid. Just a bid at the end of the day, saw it on the Guardian but it was on other papers too. Hopefully he turns it down, I've wanted united to sign him for a while and if he went to liverpool I'd be devastated ha.

That would be such a rubbish move for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Tony Jarrett is adamant that Liverpool are baffled by these reports, he would seem to be a half decent source of Liverpool stuff to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Ah the old holiday line, it seems footballers are incapable of saying yes or no when on holiday :rolleyes:
    Gives the story legs for another week or so.
    It's Thiago Alcantara all over again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Mr_Red wrote: »
    Anyone know when our Savior takes the hot seat

Wondering the same thing myself. I'm positively giddy with anticipation.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

He said he's starting on Wednesday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Ah the old holiday line, it seems footballers are incapable of saying yes or no when on holiday :rolleyes:
    Gives the story legs for another week or so.
    It's Thiago Alcantara all over again.

The Vidal transfer does, unfortunately, appear to be following the Sneijder pattern rather than the RVP or Mata pattern.

Wondering the same thing myself. I'm positively giddy with anticipation.

Holland only got home last night and LVG is taking a couple of days off so Wednesday is the day!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

The big four teams in Europe in terms of revenue and one can take from that support and in no particular order - Manchester United, Real Madrid, Barcelona and Bayern Munich.

It is one of these teams that Reus will move to, when he decides to move in my opinion.
    Each of the teams mentioned above have won the CL in the last 7 years.
    Each of them are very attractive propositions for different reasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

any images of training floating about yet to give an idea of who we can expect to play in the first friendly next week?

i assume we wont see the 14 world cup players for a while, especially those who got the second rounds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Mr_Red

zorro2566 wrote: »
    Holland only got home last night and LVG is taking a couple of days off so Wednesday is the day!

tumblr_mmrrspMMLl1rboadyo1_500.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

RobertKK wrote: »
    The big four teams in Europe in terms of revenue and one can take from that support and in no particular order - Manchester United, Real Madrid, Barcelona and Bayern Munich.

It is one of these teams that Reus will move to, when he decides to move in my opinion.
    Each of the teams mentioned above have won the CL in the last 7 years.
    Each of them are very attractive propositions for different reasons.

If Barca or Madrid come calling he'll likely go there.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭merlinsmerryman

Barca probably wont go afetr him. Suarez signed and really need to look for a top class centre half. Kroos to MAdrid so will they have a real interest?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Kroos to MAdrid so will they have a real interest?

Kroos and Reus play in different positions, unless you're a certain poster on here.

Peter Spencer from the M.E.N is saying the Vidal signing is imminent.

Have any of the good journos said anything about Vidal? ie, Ducker, Taylor etc?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Mickeroo wrote: »
    He said he's starting on Wednesday.
    zorro2566 wrote: »

Cheers lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

Rob Harris ‏@RobHarris 1m
    More
    Man United confirm £750m, 10-year kit deal with Adidas

And it's confirmed!
    Martyn Ziegler ‏@martynziegler 56s
    More
    Man Utd's £750m 10-year deal with adidas is biggest kit deal in sport + 2.5x biggger than any in football.

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭liger

double GG wrote: »
    Man United confirm £750m, 10-year kit deal with Adidas

Thats good, I like Adidas gear better than Nike.

Madrid want James Rodriguez, which makes them crowded in attack.
    Barcelona changed manager and the new manager went for Suarez, which makes it rather crowded at Barcelona too.
    Bayern Munich - crowded too in that area.

I think the odds are he stays at Dortmund this season if he want CL this year, if not he could move to the biggest club in England and the biggest in the world in terms of support, but I would put money on him not moving this season.

liger wrote: »
    Thats good, I like Adidas gear better than Nike.

Same here, and thanks to whoever it was that posted about the Adidas sale on adidas.ie
    In preparation for the new deal, bought some really nice footwear and other clothes at half price.

United will have much nicer stuff in 12 months time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Vidal....imminent.....mufc.......3 words I thought would never be put together.

Please let this be true...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,329 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

adidas deal official.

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Club-News/2014/Jul/Manchester-United-plc-reaches-agreement-with-adidas.aspx?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=post&utm_campaign=ManUtd
    Manchester United plc (NYSE:MANU) has reached a ten-year agreement with adidas for a global technical sponsorship and dual branded licensing deal for a minimum guarantee of GBP 750 million, subject to certain adjustments, beginning with the 2015/2016 campaign.

Wodner what the adjustments are, interesting that it is 750million MINIMUM GUARANTEED - so it is likely the figure will be revised upwards over time. Phenomenal.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Manchester United plc reaches agreement with adidas

Manchester United plc (NYSE:MANU) has reached a ten-year agreement with adidas for a global technical sponsorship and dual branded licensing deal for a minimum guarantee of GBP 750 million, subject to certain adjustments, beginning with the 2015/2016 campaign.
    For the 2014/2015 season, Nike will continue in its role of technical sponsor and trademark licensee.

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Club-News/2014/Jul/Manchester-United-plc-reaches-agreement-with-adidas.aspx

Club statement, first time I'm seeing club announcing the sponsorship value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

750 minimum

giphy.gif

Glazers are embarrassingly good at whoring out brand United :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Not bad for a mid-table team who's time is up :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

adidas deal official.

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Club-News/2014/Jul/Manchester-United-plc-reaches-agreement-with-adidas.aspx?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=post&utm_campaign=ManUtd

Wodner what the adjustments are, interesting that it is 750million MINIMUM GUARANTEED - so it is likely the figure will be revised upwards over time. Phenomenal.

Surely if United get back into the CL and win the league they'd have to be bringing in more money than the Spanish big two now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

I'm away this week. If I come home to Vidal and the UFC... God help this thread. My ban will be glorious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Ninja delete from Lord TSC...
    So this Brendon Hammond dude eh :pac:

Woodward is a bloody genius. No one can pull the deals like these.

75 Million minimum from Adidas.
    50 Million from Chevrolet.
    20 Million from AON naming rights.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Ninja delete from Lord TSC...
    So this Brendon Hammond dude eh :pac:

Sush :P
    Source checked it after reading on Reddit and it was a BS account. Apologies.

Getting too excited and jumpy now. Don't believe Vidal is coming but getting a tingly feeling now....

Where are the people who wanted Ed Woodward gone? :p

A minimum guarantee £750 million deal with Adidas. The sort of deal that is so huge it cannot be underestimated how good it is, combine that with the Chevrolet deal and I don't care about the logo on the shirt or the name, they are paying huge money for it and along with the Aon deal, it means United can fight for the best players in the world.

These are not Mickey Mouse sponsors like some Oil rich clubs use.

Well done Ed on a great job, now back to signing players we want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Surely we can spend that money now and it wouldnt be a problem, since transfers are spread out in installments?

So now we have **** loads of money to reinvest?

Ronaldo on the sly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

RobertKK wrote: »
    Where are the people who wanted Ed Woodward gone? :p

A minimum guarantee £750 million deal with Adidas. The sort of deal that is so huge it cannot be underestimated how good it is, combine that with the Chevrolet deal and I don't care about the logo on the shirt or the name, they are paying huge money for it and along with the Aon deal, it means United can fight for the best players in the world.

These are not Mickey Mouse sponsors like some Oil rich clubs use.

Well done Ed on a great job, now back to signing players we want.

If Woody can seal a deal on Vidal he'll be hailed as a hero by all United fans.

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Woodward is a bloody genius. No one can pull the deals like these.

75 Million minimum from Adidas.
    50 Million from Chevrolet.
    20 Million from AON naming rights.
    Also, based on previous rumours there may be more to come - casual clothing line might be separate from the kit deal, so we may be getting more sponsor cash to come.

As I have been saying, missing out on the CL this season (if it is only this season) won't affect United financially all that much in comparison to previous years - as our sponsor deals will likely make up the short fall. Of course we'll be down ~20/30million on what we could have earned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

I think Champions League comes to in and around 60 million when TV revenue is added up..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

dahat wrote: »
    Vidal....imminent.....mufc.......3 words I thought would never be put together.

Please let this be true...

MUFC are not signing Vidal. It is not imminent.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Is there a reason people don't give Richard Arnold any credit for these commercial deals??

I'd imagine he plays a pretty big role given hes commercial director.

Also, based on previous rumours there may be more to come - casual clothing line might be separate from the kit deal, so we may be getting more sponsor cash to come.

As I have been saying, missing out on the CL this season (if it is only this season) won't affect United financially all that much in comparison to previous years - as our sponsor deals will likely make up the short fall. Of course we'll be down ~20/30million on what we could have earned.

I think last year Chelsea signed deal with Adidas.

For comparison.

Rob Harris ✔ @RobHarris
    10-year Adidas kit deals
    Chelsea: £300m
    Man United: £750m

I think Champions League comes to in and around 60 million when TV revenue is added up..

We got about 30million total the year we were knocked out by Madrid IIRC

750 million, nearly twice the amount Forbes value Liverpool FC at!

Big huge deal but done legitimately, unlike those dodgy Arab funded City/PSG deals.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

ManUnitedTalk @ManUnitedTalk

Forbes have Liverpool currently valued at £456m. #MUFC's kit deal alone is worth £750m.

Music to my ears!

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

Big huge deal but done legitimately, unlike those dodgy Arab funded City/PSG deals.

We should buy Liverpool and then close them down. :cool:

It'd be great craic altogether.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Well Liverpool did nearly go under because of the H&G disaster.

MD1990 wrote: »
    Well Liverpool did nearly go under because of the H&G disaster.

Don't care.

• Advertisement

Edinson Cavani rumoured to be looking for a move to the premier league.

I can see United signing him for one reason - to replace Rooney. Otherwise it doesn't make sense. United are current favourites to sign him.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement