Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Notes in OP,22/7

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Isn't the sleeves suppose to be a lot more white than the pics posted. I know like the button a small thing but I assume you got it from yayun or macs seller?

Your somewhat correct!....I haven't noticed anything with the sleeves but the button is red.... Quite happy with them though, normally I spend a fortune on united between tickets and memorabilia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

TheDoc wrote: »
    Not sure if posted, but LVG has given Van Persie three weeks off entirely, before reporting back for training.

Makes total sense, the lad wasn't fit to stand before LVG took him off in the Semi final

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Glad to hear that about RVP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

NeVeR wrote: »
    Updated with joint winners for Most Yellows. €10 / Each :D

I've probably gained one enemy and one friend for my correction :P

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭LandonRicketts

Sirsok wrote: »
    Your somewhat correct!....I haven't noticed anything with the sleeves but the button is red.... Quite happy with them though, normally I spend a fortune on united between tickets and memorabilia

I know like myself. Especially now they change the jersey every year as opposed to the 2 year cycle they had before. Beats paying €60 in the sport shops when you can get it near identical for circa €20!

Ah I don't know what to think at this stage regarding Vidal. Part of me thinks it's just wishful thinking, and part of me thinks the club are doing their business quietly i.e. the right way. Overall I can't seem to dampen the excitement of the prospect of him playing for United though, just like I can't seem to silence the voice in my head which keeps saying "It's gonna happen, it's gonna happen."

Just one thing to take note of though; On January 20th this year BBC Sport tweeted the following:
    BBC Sport wrote:
    Manchester United deny that they have made a bid for Chelsea midfielder Juan Mata.

4 days later Juan Mata was a Manchester United player. So I'm just saying that although it's important not to get excited/caught up in journalists speculating/stating that a transfer is imminent, it's just as important not to read too much into official denials and refutes from the club.

Now Ed and co., hurry the fúck up and get it done!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Doris300 wrote: »
    what is the best way to get a ticket in Ireland?

Simplest and most expensive is to get a package from a travel agent (e.g. stephens green travel, if they still exist)

Or join your local supporters club -- theyll probably have some season tickets and do bigger trips

Or join the official lottery in the central supporters club

Or just know a guy who onows a guy.

And then theres the MU ticket thread here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Lads if rvp is ment too be off for a few weeks why is he in Manchester? I'm in lanzarote at the min and there's a Dutch guy who works here and as we were watching the final last night he got a whatsapp message from a friend of his who works for klm and it was a picture of a boarding pass from rvp going from Amsterdam too Manchester ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭KH25

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Lads if rvp is ment too be off for a few weeks why is he in Manchester? I'm in lanzarote at the min and there's a Dutch guy who works here and as we were watching the final last night he got a whatsapp message from a friend of his who works for klm and it was a picture of a boarding pass from rvp going from Amsterdam too Manchester ?

Does he live there now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Because he lives in Manchester and is probably going to go home? That's what I'd do if I had three weeks off and had just spent a month in Brazil.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Because he lives in Manchester and is probably going to go home? That's what I'd do if I had three weeks off and had just spent a month in Brazil.

Ya I guess he would live there now and wants too see his wife and kids before jetting off somewhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Bit stalky, no?

It doesnt matter where he is. He'll be chilling for three weeks before resuming training.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭xtal191

Eh hes prob gone home to pack for a holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

RVP is holidaying in Manchester, the somewhat cooler weather will be a relief.

xtal191 wrote: »
    Eh hes prob gone home to pack for a holiday.

Yeah I heard he forgot his trunks and also he wants to update his Ipod playlist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Bit OT

But its going be little better playing United in FM15 when it comes out.

Midfield mostly sorted and ££££££££££.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Bit OT

But its going be little better playing United in FM15 when it comes out.

Midfield mostly sorted and ££££££££££.

Not having to spend £30m+ on Shaw to replace Evra will be nice too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Larry Wildman

Lads if rvp is ment too be off for a few weeks why is he in Manchester?

Sure he lives in Manchester. Pretty normal to pop home first before heading off on your holidays, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

Lads if rvp is ment too be off for a few weeks why is he in Manchester?

Signing for City.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,564 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

sorted now thanks :)

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,564 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

stankratz wrote: »
    Yeah I heard he forgot his trunks and also he wants to update his Ipod playlist.

He'd completely run out of clean pants.

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Now that Adidas are officially onboard, let the mockups begin

BbCdTkV.png

Even the chevrolet logo being reduced is a major improvement. If they were the actual jerseys i'd be more than happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Van Gaal shouldn't have the same power struggles he faced at Barca and Bayern at United so he potentially could do a lot better with us.

The club will leave him to it if he's successful whereas at Barca and especially Bayern there was a lot of stuff going on behind the scenes, buying players he didn't want and telling him how to play his players and stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Hmmmm . :cool:
    Emmet Kennedy ‏@Emmet_Kennedy 12 Aug 2012 #MUFC have agreed a fee of £25m for RVP with #AFC. Wenger not happy, but board accepted. Medical only a formality. RVP now an #MUFC player.
    Emmet Kennedy ‏@Emmet_Kennedy 15 Aug 2012 As I told you Saturday night, #RVP signs for #MUFC. The deal was agreed Saturday night. #AFC only saving face. My contact is never wrong.
    Emmet Kennedy ‏@Emmet_Kennedy 2h Arturo Vidal will join #MUFC from Juventus for around £35m Evra will join Juventus in a separate deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

ZDcG16Y.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Emmet Kennedy ‏@Emmet_Kennedy 15 Aug 2012 As I told you Saturday night, #RVP signs for #MUFC. The deal was agreed Saturday night. #AFC only saving face. My contact is never wrong.

He would want to brace himself...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Hmmmm . :cool:

He confirmed its from the same source too.
    Emmet Kennedy ‏@Emmet_Kennedy 3h
    @evers_karl Same source as RVP #MUFC

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Holy ****. Could this actually be happening?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Sure, let's all believe the random Irish radio presenter.....:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Surely nobody believes it?

An Irish broadcaster working in Cork breaks Vidal to United through a 'contact'.

Ah here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

its-happening-1.gif

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

ShaneU wrote: »
    ZDcG16Y.gif

We are not signing Vidal.
    Blatter wrote: »
    He would want to brace himself...

Correct because we are not signing Vidal.

Holy ****. Could this actually be happening?

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Sure, let's all believe the random Irish radio presenter.....:pac:

Yes. :pac: We are not signing Vidal.
    Blatter wrote: »
    Surely nobody believes it?

An Irish broadcaster working in Cork breaks Vidal to United through a 'contact'.

Ah here.

Exactly. It's mad. We are not signing Vidal.
    its-happening-1.gif

No it is not. We are not signing Vidal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

FutureGuy wrote: »

Correct because we are not signing Vidal.

Yes. :pac: We are not signing Vidal.

Exactly. It's mad. We are not signing Vidal.

No it is not. We are not signing Vidal.
    What will you do if we do sign Vidal? Not saying it's definite or anything but like if United did sign him, what would you do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    What will you do if we do sign Vidal? Not saying it's definite or anything but like if United did sign him, what would you do?

You don't know FutureGuy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

He'll tell us we're not signing Reus and we all will love him for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,969 ✭✭✭billyhead

I think its happening. A deal of 35mil and Evra. Got to be optimistic anyway:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

FG is the reason the Chosen Juan plays for us. #InFGWeTrust

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

He'd move on to Hummels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

Simplest and most expensive is to get a package from a travel agent (e.g. stephens green travel, if they still exist)

Or join your local supporters club -- theyll probably have some season tickets and do bigger trips

Or join the official lottery in the central supporters club

Or just know a guy who onows a guy.

And then theres the MU ticket thread here

As an aside to this, are many people on here members of the Membership Club?

I'm embarrassed to say that I have never been to OT and really want to get over this season. Would there be any problem getting 4-5 tickets for a game, wouldn't all have to be seated together and it wouldn't have to be a "big" game, just one at 3pm on a Saturday against Hull or the like would be fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Julez

FutureGuy must be the most thanked man on this thread, haha!

...and rightly so!

• Advertisement

I don't even have to contemplate what I would do and I am replying to you out of courtesty because we are not signing Vidal.

I'll give 10 reasons why (in no particular order, because it would be silly otherwise)

1. Manchester is rainy. It has the second highest rainfall in Western Europe. Vidal has a phobia of Umbrellas.
    2. Turin has nicer ice-cream. Banana is his favourite, but only ice cream containing bananas from South America. You can't get South American bananas in Manchester as the lads off that Border Control show confiscate them all. They may have pests which could devastate the ecosystem.
    3. There is a small curry shop that Vidal likes to eat at in Piedmont. Even though Manchester is famous for curries, nothing comes close. I heard this from the player's brother on a rainy afternoon in Milan.
    4. It's chilly in Manchester, ironically disadvantageous for our hopes of signing a Chile player.
    5. The average woman in Manchester is rated as a 7.9 compared to a 8.2 in Turin and an 8.7 in Madrid. This should not matter but he's a guy and you know how guys are. One track minds. The dirty b@stards.
    6. Arturo Vidal is not a fan of Darren Gibson. Even the thought of playing in the same league as him makes Arturo sick.
    7. In Madrid, they erected a statue in the main square in his honour. This is why he could move to Madrid over us. :(
    8. Even though Vidal does not like Paul Pogba, he does admit he's a great dresser and would probably go gay for him. Pogba hates Manchester so Vidal knows they wont be together if he moves.
    9. Socks in Manchester are at an all-time high price. It would be mad to move to Manchester at the moment.
    10. Arturo was a massive Moyes fan. He has little faith in the current regime at the club.

So sadly, he will not be joining Manchester United. Because we are not signing him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

I don't even have to contemplate what I would do and I am replying to you out of courtesty because we are not signing Vidal.

I'll give 10 reasons why (in no particular order, because it would be silly otherwise)

1. Manchester is rainy. It has the second highest rainfall in Western Europe. Vidal has a phobia of Umbrellas.
    2. Turin has nicer ice-cream - Banana is his favourite, but only ice cream containing bananas from South America. You can't get South American bananas in Manchester as the lads off that Border Control show confiscates them all. They may have pests which could devastate the ecosystem.
    3. There is a small curry shop that Vidal likes to eat at in Piedmont. Even though Manchester is famous for curries, nothing comes close. I heard this from the player's brother on a rainy afternoon in Milan.
    4. It's chilly in Manchester, ironically disadvantageous for our hopes of signing a Chile player.
    5. The average woman in Manchester is rated as a 7.9 compared to a 8.2 in Turin and an 8.7 in Madrid. This should not matter but he's a guy and you know how guys are. One track mind. The dirty b@stards.
    6. Arturo Vidal is not a fan of Darren Gibson. Even the thought of playing in
    the same league as him makes Arturo sick.
    7. In Madrid, they erected a statue in the main square in his honour. This is why he could move to Madrid over us. :(
    8. Even though Vidal does not like Paul Pogba, he does admit he's a great dresser and would probably go gay for him. Pogba hates Manchester so Vidal knows they wont be together if he moves.
    9. Socks in Manchester are at an all-time high price. It would be mad to move to Manchester at the moment.
    10. Arturo was a massive Moyes fan. He has little faith in the current regime at the club.

So sadly, he will not be joining Manchester United. Because we are not signing him.

In FutureGuy we trust

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Thecon21

The best thing is that it just never gets old :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭dor843088

In fairness believing an irish radio presenter that we are signing vidal is as credible if not more than believing we are not signi g vidal from some guy called futureguy off boards.ie. neither are privileged to commercially sensitive information at united so in reality neither have a clue like the rest of us.

dor843088 wrote: »
    In fairness believing an irish radio presenter that we are signing vidal is as credible if not more than believing we are not signi g vidal from some guy called futureguy off boards.ie. neither are privileged to commercially sensitive information at united so in reality neither have a clue like the rest of us.

HOW DARE YOU....
    you sir are in breach of charter..
    No one speaks out against FutureGuy

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

But FutureGuy has a great record of being wrong so we trust him more :P

(I think we need the next super thread to have a nod to the joke guys.....)

Lord TSC wrote: »
    But FutureGuy has a great record of being wrong so we trust him more :P

(I think we need the next super thread to have a nod to the joke guys.....)

and gifs too Lord TSC
    there's gotta be gifs...
    I know Maximus and Magic will appreciate some gifs ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

He's called FutureGuy for a reason..

Well...well I've never. I've never...

Dor843088 I'm putting you on my list of enemies. There. You're in for it now dor843088.

Ha! I'm only joking. Look what I've written.

I really like Dor843088

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

dailyfail saying the vidal deal is dead

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement