Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Notes in OP,22/7

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Or we could just not respond.

shae_tyrion_bronn.gif?w=650

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭ceegee

2 or 3 seasons ago, some korean lad i think to newcastle.

Jong Il-Gwan in 2012. Made a few of the papers as well, which goes to show how reliable they are for transfer rumours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

ceegee wrote: »
    Jong Il-Gwan in 2012. Made a few of the papers as well, which goes to show how reliable they are for transfer rumours

I can take credit for choosing him. I'm very annoyed he never made the move. I could have made a killing through agent's fees.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

MD1990 wrote: »
    Man Utd have missed on World Class not in the premier league already (eg Mata & RVP) on a consistent basis last 10 years.

03 - Ronaldinho
    04- Robben -Wasn't world class at PSV mate.
    06 - Torres -Had a good World Cup but was not world class.
    09 - Benzema -Wasn't world class at Lyon.
    11 - Nasri -Please tell me you're taking the piss with that.
    12 - Lucas Moura -His World Classness couldn't get him in the Brazil squad for the WC, and prior to PSG he was hardly world class.
    13 - Bale,Ronaldo, Fabregas

tumblr_m588qgiSKz1qgcra2o1_500.gif

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Larry Wildman

Man Utd have missed on World Class not in the premier league already (eg Mata & RVP) on a consistent basis last 10 years.

03 - Ronaldinho
    04- Robben
    06 - Torres
    09 - Benzema
    11 - Nasri
    12 - Lucas Moura

Nasri and Lucas Moura? Really?

I'd say that we dodged bullets with those guys...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Bild have shot down the Hummels rumour and Klopp has said both him and Reus will stay because there is "no tendency they'd want to be elsewhere"

He also said that if the papers are saying the fee is €20 million you know it's rubbish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,247 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

If we signed all those players they could have done a veron an we might not have won those 6 titles

WE ARE UNITED

Bild have shot down the Hummels rumour and Klopp has said both him and Reus will stay because there is "no tendency they'd want to be elsewhere"

He also said that if the papers are saying the fee is €20 million you know it's rubbish

For what its worth I really don't think we will sign Hummels and certainly not for a measly €20m.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    For what its worth I really don't think we will sign Hummels and certainly not for a measly €20m.

I'm pretty sure Hummels has stated that he would not be leaving Dortmund this year. I'd be very surprised if we got him - at any amount of money.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

03 - Ronaldinho
    04- Robben
    06 - Torres
    09 - Benzema
    11 - Nasri
    12 - Lucas Moura

Too busy winning trophies bro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

10410984_10152315318272746_410828064255694399_n.jpg

I like the attitude and attention they are giving to the new boss.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

LostBoy101 wrote: »
    10410984_10152315318272746_410828064255694399_n.jpg

I like the attitude and attention they are giving to the new boss.
    Rooney looking a wee bit confused there :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

I'm pretty sure Hummels has stated that he would not be leaving Dortmund this year. I'd be very surprised if we got him - at any amount of money.

I'd agree with that. Much more chance next year of getting him.

Aside from that I'd expect us to be in for de Vrij if he's supposedly going for 8m-10m or around that. Wouldn't worry me all that much that our backline is 'supposedly' young or inexperienced. Great chance to get these players together and solidify the defence for years to come with the right coaching.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Or we could just not respond.

I feel dirty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,670 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Saw this on twitter earlier, guy works for a sports radio station in LA as far as I'm aware.
    Pilib de Brún @Malachians
    All the players on Saturday where in their rooms by 8.30 despite being allowed to go out. The respect and fear they have of LVG is immense

Also said this
    Pilib de Brún @Malachians
    When talking to Woodward on Saturday, he is aware of everything that is being said about him, he pays attention to twitter & fans forums

Woody is gonna give Homer a hiding :pac:

So the boys will have had quite a few training sessions with LVG and his team at this stage. I'm delighted at the thought that already by now, his thinking and teachings will be working their way into the players' minds. No more 'set up to not be beaten' as the mantra, 'fear' will be our friend soon enough once again.

I'd be more worried for Woodward if such a meeting were ever to take place :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Saw this on twitter earlier, guy works for a sports radio station in LA as far as I'm aware.

Also said this

Re: the going out, I wonder how many of them asked RVP was the free night a test or did he really mean they could have one :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,236 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

According to @guardian_sport, Bébé, Young, Zaha, Fellaini, Anderson, Cleverly, Nani will all be shown the door by Louis van Gaal #Untied
    Will be glad to be rid of all of them. Strangely, Bebe is the one that probably deserved a chance considering last seasons performances but it was never going to happen for him here.

According to @guardian_sport, Bébé, Young, Zaha, Fellaini, Anderson, Cleverly, Nani will all be shown the door by Louis van Gaal #Untied

So, Herrera is in for a busy season!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

J. Marston wrote: »
    Will be glad to be rid of all of them. Strangely, Bebe is the one that probably deserved a chance considering last seasons performances but it was never going to happen for him here.

Going to be very hard to find suitors for Young given the wages he's on. You can't really expect anything close to the fee that you paid for Fellaini to if he were to be sold. Big clear-out though, it needed to happen sooner rather than later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,433 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Think Cleverley and Fellaini deserve at least 1 more season.

As much as I have given Tom a hard time he does deserve another crack.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,947 ✭✭✭KH25

We won't let that many midfielders go unless we're going on a shopping spree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

stankratz wrote: »
    So, Herrera is in for a busy season!

Valencia and Januzaj too!

That guardian link is muck, unless we are getting in a load of players (3/4)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Lukker- wrote: »
    Going to be very hard to find suitors for Young given the wages he's on.

I don't really understand this line of thinking. If Young has the choice between sitting on the bench for a season or taking a pay cut, he'll take a pay cut. The guy's a millionaire, I don't for a second believe he'd refuse to move because of wages.

Caption time

BtGOlqwCIAIsBzh.jpg

I don't really understand this line of thinking. If Young has the choice between sitting on the bench for a season or taking a pay cut, he'll take a pay cut. The guy's a millionaire, I don't for a second believe he'd refuse to move because of wages.

In fairness he seems like a reasonable lad, i think he'd move too if it was made clear he wouldnt be getting a game. Could send him on loan and pay part of his wage instead if needs be i suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,670 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Wish I could pull David closer to me

BtGPNOgIEAIZkPK.jpg

• Advertisement

Thats good going
    Patrice Evra became an almost ever-present for #mufc, featuring in 81.8% of all United fixtures in the past seven seasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,713 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I will be absolutely delighted

No way would I like to see Nani leave.

No Way!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

There is no way I can see Fellaini and Nani leaving. Surely Fellaini deserves a shot to even impress van Gaal. There is no way Nani will leave unless we buy 2 wingers. More players need to be brought in. I'd understand getting rid of guys that have been poor for a few years.

<3 nani

Should have seen him against Bray yesterday. One of the worst players on the pitch for either side, and it was a weakened Bray Wanderers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

So Im sitting here seeing news stories saying the Hummels deal is as good as done...and I'm trying the best not to get my hopes up and just telling myself it's all just rumours...

tennant-no.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 33,757 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Nani is only an injury away from another injury.
    United can do better.

Bild rubbished the story 2 months ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Headshot wrote: »

Its not according to The Guardian though, it's in their transfer roundup where they collect stories from around the web.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,985 ✭✭✭Soups123

RobertKK wrote: »
    Nani is only an injury away from another injury.
    United can do better.

As is every player?

• Advertisement

With all of them? Is there anyone else you want gone?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,273 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Adamocovic wrote: »
    So Im sitting here seeing news stories saying the Hummels deal is as good as done...and I'm trying the best not to get my hopes up and just telling myself it's all just rumours...

I think you may have missed this......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,713 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

With all of them? Is there anyone else you want gone?

Yup every single one. Nope no other player I want gone
    Guardian list was nailed on for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

thats 12 players, no way would he get rid of 12 players in one go, from a side that this time last year (and you can add scholes, Fabio to that) that were entering the season as champions - its crazy when you think about it.

theres 5 gone, i reckon Bebe, Ando and possibly one more will go bringing it to 8 out, with surely 3 signings then coming in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

The club needs to filter out dead wood over time. Losing all those this summer would make it impossible to compete for the top 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

I don't see the love for Nani in here to be honest. He has his moments but gets injured way too often and I rather have a fit player to replace him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Yup every single one. Nope no other player I want gone
    Guardian list was nailed on for me

i think Van Gaal will get the best out of Nani and bring him back to the world class levels he hit 2-3 years ago.

no way is Fellaini or Carrick going anywhere either, we are short enough in midfield without them and i think maximum one signing is coming in for there.

thats 12 players, no way would he get rid of 12 players in one go, from a side that this time last year (and you can add scholes, Fabio to that) that were entering the season as champions - its crazy when you think about it.

theres 5 gone, i reckon Bebe, Ando and possibly one more will go bringing it to 8 out, with surely 3 signings then coming in.

Van gaal isn't your normal manager. Utd dont have europe, a few of the squad either havent progressed or are too old.

Scholes hardly counts, he was an emergency measure.

giggs too old, Evra cant defend, vidic left himself, rio is a douchebag, happy to see him gone and he's well past it anyway.

ando, young, clevs bebe can see a few of them leaving but in think up front we're fine for players, we need 1st 11 midfielders and 2/3 defenders imo depending on who is brought up from the youths.

Van gaal mightnt be the guy to get the most out of the best players but he is the best to get the most out of the next gourp.

LostBoy101 wrote: »
    I don't see the love for Nani in here to be honest. He has his moments but gets injured way too often and I rather have a fit player to replace him.

gametime, thats all he needs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

And I will share your delight if that list comes to pass.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement