Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Notes in OP,22/7

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Nani on his day is World class but he gets injured too often and when fit is too inconsistent. Wouldn't lose too much sleep if he was shipped out to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

so whats peoples predictions for the rest of the window?

number of players in and name them-
    number of players out and name them-

total spend -
    total income -

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

number of players in -
    number of players out -
    total spend -
    total income -

number of players in - 2
    number of players out - 0
    total spend - 80mil euro
    total income - 0

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

I think you may have missed this......

Ive seen those articles, and yes no team wants to sell their best player but we've seen in the past players force moves. Agree that €20million seems like bs but until Hummels comes out and makes it clear what he is doing I'm not going to rule out him moving but I'm not going to get my hopes up.

Normally players are quick to dispel rumours but we've not really heard much yet. Anything could happen tbh, he could end up staying or he could even end up moving to Barca!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

[IMG][/img]69e25d6a-0e99-4411-adcd-821c65552146_zps05cf630a.jpg

from the Bray match, i think the jersey looks better without a logo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

Owryan wrote: »
    [IMG][/img]69e25d6a-0e99-4411-adcd-821c65552146_zps05cf630a.jpg

Agreed, had a look at it in the shop today and it's not great, think I'll wait until Adidas's effort next season which in fairness can't get any worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭ericzeking

Sell em all sure...do a Blackpool on it....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭statto25

Owryan wrote: »

That's last season's kit is it not with the AON removed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Have faith in the radio presenter from Cork!

Emmet Kennedy ‏@Emmet_Kennedy As I Tweeted weeks ago, Evra has left #MUFC to join Juventus. Expect the Transfer for Vidal to proceed in a matter of weeks, not days.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Have faith in the radio presenter from Cork!

Emmet Kennedy ‏@Emmet_Kennedy As I Tweeted weeks ago, Evra has left #MUFC to join Juventus. Expect the Transfer for Vidal to proceed in a matter of weeks, not days.
    A local radio presenter from cork on about united transfers AND hes the biggest Liverpool fan you'll ever meet!

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

I would like to see what Anderson can bring to the table under LVG. Hopefully he shakes the injury soon and can get down to business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

RVD420 wrote: »
    I would like to see what Anderson can bring to the table under LVG. Hopefully he shakes the injury soon and can get down to business.

Chips, kebab, large coke, some garlic sauce and a chair?

I do like ando :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Ha ha, good one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

His source is Denis Irwin or family member.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

That Cork radio fella is trolling us

His source is Denis Irwin or family member.

Denis Irwin, loves the club, plenty of experience, can cover right back as well as left, sign him up Fergie, Moyes, Large Victorious Gonads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

statto25 wrote: »
    That's last season's kit is it not with the AON removed?

it may well be, technically tho i never said which seasons it was :o

Caption time...

2wwZgOa.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I wonder if we would sell Cleverley to Everton and buy James McCarthy as a replacement?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Doubt he'll be around long enough.Wasn't even brought on the US tour,reports are he's not injured and the club want him sold.
    @guardian_sport, Bébé, Young, Zaha, Fellaini, Anderson, Cleverly, Nani will all be shown the door by Louis van Gaal #Untied

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

And I will share your delight if that list comes to pass.

You would really be delighted if that list came to pass.

As it is we 4 senior defenders.

That list would leave us with three cm players and two wingers.

Unless we are entering a 5 a side league next season losing all the players on that list would make it hard to field a team.

RobertKK wrote: »
    I wonder if we would sell Cleverley to Everton and buy James McCarthy as a replacement?

Considering wed prob have to give everton around £10m i dont think its that good a deal, especially when Mccarthy isnt that good. He is better than Cleverley but if both hit their top level, there aint much in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Considering wed prob have to give everton around £10m i dont think its that good a deal, especially when Mccarthy isnt that good. He is better than Cleverley but if both hit their top level, there aint much in it.

Cleverly has already hit his top level. It isn't very high.

Kirby wrote: »
    Cleverly has already hit his top level. It isn't very high.

12/13 he was very good until he got injured against bolton

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,797 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Nuts102 wrote: »
    The club needs to filter out dead wood over time. Losing all those this summer would make it impossible to compete for the top 4.

Why?
    For example is there a hard and fast limit on the amount of players you can lose in a single season that would rule you out of competing for the top 4?

There was no change last season and they didn't compete for the top 4.

Change is surely a good thing when there are merits behind it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Van gaal isn't your normal manager.

Statements like these really make me wonder what people are expecting this season? Its like they are so happy to be rid of Moyes they have went overboard in the other direction, Van Gaal is now our lord and saviour who can do no wrong and everything that happens is all part of some master plan.

Its not true of course. He could well turn out to be very successful but statements like that above are just stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Leftist

12/13 he was very good until he got injured against bolton

so about 5 games?

young was good during that start to the season too.

The form of both was an exception rather than the norm, as has been proven over time.

RE: LVG
    Bucket has a point. I don't see us winning the league. 3rd would be good and that's hardly genius standard in a season without the CL to compete with.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Manchester United make huge second offer fro Arturo Vidal, up to €50m!

The Vidal stories are continuing apace in Italy and specifically with Turin newspaper Tuttosport. It's claimed on Tuesday that Manchester United have come back in with a second offer having had their first one refused.

Tuttosport say that an original proposal which would have seen Juventus receive €40m, plus a further €3m in bonuses, was rejected immediately by Juventus chief Beppe Marotta. According to the reporting in Italy it's increasingly apparent that Juventus will sell for what they consider to be a good price.

The Turin club would have probably rather there was an auction for Vidal with clubs such as Real Madrid, Barcelona, PSG and Monaco involved but those clubs either have priorities elsewhere or have been hamstrung by FFP rules and sanctions. Right now there only appears to be Manchester United at the table for Vidal.

Tuttosport claim that Manchester United's latest offer is €43m plus bonuses, they reckon that could rise to €48m to €50m as long as targets are met within the contract. Juventus are said to want a minimum of €45m so a lot will depend on how hard those bonuses are to achieve.

Vidal's agent is pushing the situation and conducting negotiations to try and find a solution for his client. Fernando Felicevich has already got Manchester United to offer Vidal wages of €6.7m per year after tax, according to Tuttosport

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/manchester-united-make-huge-second-offer-fro-arturo-vidal-up-to-5

Tuttosport is Juve's mouth piece isn't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Leftist wrote: »
    so about 5 games?

The form of both was an exception rather than the norm, as has been proven over time.

Bucket has a point. I don't see us winning the league. 3rd would be good and that's hardly genius standard in a season without the CL to compete with.

Young was a proven premier league player and had a good first season at United id say the last 2 season have been an exception rather than the norm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭aperture_nuig

Chips, kebab, large coke, some garlic sauce and a chair?

I do like Nandos :(
    FTFY :p

Seriously though, he was a player that I really wanted it to work out for at united, he could have been a serious player for us. I'm not sure if he's done enough to warrant one more year over the likes of Cleverley though. You'd have to imagine at least one of them is on the move.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Statements like these really make me wonder what people are expecting this season? Its like they are so happy to be rid of Moyes they have went overboard in the other direction, Van Gaal is now our lord and saviour who can do no wrong and everything that happens is all part of some master plan.

Its not true of course. He could well turn out to be very successful but statements like that above are just stupid.

Louis is love
    Louis is Life

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

We need some serious giffage if Vidal & Hummels come in. In fact, it may be safer to lock the thread down so none of us can escape in to the wild of the Soccer forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

LVG has ordered the training pitches be ripped up at Carrington and replaced with the same semi-syntethic surface used in old Trafford.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/10982100/Manchester-United-to-rip-up-Carrington-training-pitches-after-demand-from-Louis-van-Gaal.html

He's some nutter but at least he's our nutter.

Leftist wrote: »
    so about 5 games?

Young was fantastic for Villa before joining United. He had a very good first 12-18 months before niggling injuries and i think laziness has wrecked the last two seasons.

Football existed before United and Cleverley doesn't even belong in the same sentence as Young in terms of performances over their careers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    I belive they are,

Please god let this be true!!

The Daily Mirror apparently:

Liverpool could take their summer spending past £150million as Brendan Rodgers targets Arturo Vidal, Marco Reus and Paul Pogba.

The office is looking at me I laughed that loudly.
    http://www1.skysports.com/football/transfer-paper-talk

kippy wrote: »
    Why?
    For example is there a hard and fast limit on the amount of players you can lose in a single season that would rule you out of competing for the top 4?

There was no change last season and they didn't compete for the top 4.

Change is surely a good thing when there are merits behind it.

Well yes obviously their is an amount you should lose over a season. The club has already lost 5 first team players and now people would be happy to lose another 8 players. It would cost a fortune to replace these.

So that would leave us with 5 defenders, two wingers and three midfielders which is just a little skimpy to compete for the top 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

Players In:

2 - Thomas Vermaelen £17m, Daley Blind £20m.

Players Out:

5 - Bebe £0, Anderson £0, Young £0 (loan paying 70% wages), Cleverley £5m, Zaha £7m

Total spend - £37m

Total income - £12m

Faith in CEO - 30% (+15% on last year)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

cdb wrote: »
    LVG has ordered the training pitches be ripped up at Carrington and replaced with the same semi-syntethic surface used in old Trafford.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/10982100/Manchester-United-to-rip-up-Carrington-training-pitches-after-demand-from-Louis-van-Gaal.html

He's some nutter but at least he's our nutter.

Celtic had to do the same last year and resurface their new training ground. the amount of injuries that were stacking up was mental at one stage due to the surface being so hard and bad for the joints.

It only makes sense that you would train on the same surface you'll be playing on come match day.

Is there a unified type of pitch for the Premier League or can all clubs have their own variant?

Zico wrote: »
    Players In:

2 - Thomas Vermaelen £17m, Daley Blind £20m.

Players Out:

5 - Bebe £0, Anderson £0, Young £0 (loan paying 70% wages), Cleverley £5m, Zaha £7m

Total spend - £37m

Total income - £12m

Faith in CEO - 30% (+15% on last year)

Vermalen won't cost more than 8-10 m and Blind won't cost more than 10-12m.

Unless United are going to release Bebe and Anderson on a free and lose money by paying them off they will be sold for 4 or 5 m each. Also loaning out Young for free and paying about 70k a week of his wages makes no sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,329 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

We will absolutely sign a central midfielder.

I'm hoping it is going to be Vidal, but at the least I expect us to sign De Jong - with Strootman then to be targeted in January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

MagicIRL wrote: »
    It only makes sense that you would train on the same surface you'll be playing on come match day.

Is there a unified type of pitch for the Premier League or can all clubs have their own variant?

I think so long as it meets UEFA regulations they'd be ok. That being said however I think the Premier League would take a dim view of any club who would try to build a 100% synthetic surface.

I know there's many pitches at the training ground, but you'd think they'd have started this work around the time the rumour LVG wanted this came out a few weeks ago. The 6 week period will mean the training ground won't be fully operational until September, but not that big of an inconvenience I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

Was thinking if De jong/ Strootman & Vidal come in then thats defo Kagawa gone.

I expect to see at least one defender signed this week, the team is way too light at the back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Macca07

According to @guardian_sport, Bébé, Young, Zaha, Fellaini, Anderson, Cleverly, Nani will all be shown the door by Louis van Gaal #Untied

It will be interesting to see what way we line up in the friendlies, and might give an insight to what players may be surplus to requirements.

I don't think Cleverly, Fellaini or Nani will be sold. We don't have a lot of options in those positions, and would cost a fortune to replace those 3. Don't think Young will be going either. It would be nuts to ship out Zaha after one season when he didn't even play for the club.

Anderson and Bebe will be gone. Possibly Hernandez, if he feels he's not going to get enough game time for the season.

I'd be expecting one CB and one CM signed for the first team, and a backup LB and RB. Time to forget about playing Jones and Smalling at RB.

Anyone think Powell will get a chance this season? Or Lingard?

here is my stab at it...

im still keeping my original expectation that no big signings will come in this summer, but i am hoping to be wrong here as we need at least 2 of them.

The 3 players coming in is purely based on the fact that we simply have no choice due to the players leaving.

number of players in - 3 (Vermaelen - £12m, De Vrij - 13m and a low cost midfielder for about £10m, somebody like de Jong
    number of players out - 3 (Bebe, Anderson, Young)
    total spend - £35m
    total income - £18m

i put Young in as a departure, but i think he is safe, i am doing it more out of hope, than actually believe it will happen, i fear however that it will be Nani.

perhaps we will get these 3 players above in before the season starts and then maybe that gives us 3 weeks to concentrate on a top signing. we are definitely signing 2 defenders, we really dont have any choice in that matter and ideally we will sign 3, but i cant see that being possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,329 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Was thinking if De jong/ Strootman & Vidal come in then thats defo Kagawa gone.

I expect to see at least one defender signed this week, the team is way too light at the back.

Don't think a deep central midfielder would have much of an impact on an attacking midfielder. LVG rated Kagawa very very highly from his time at Dortmund, so I expect he will get a chance at United under him.

I would say De Jong, Strootman, Vidal or whoever would have a great impact on the futures of Fellaini, Cleverley or Fletcher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

Vidal £45 approx
    Blind £8 approx
    Verlmealen £11 approx

Out: bebe, Anderson, nani, cleverley, Chico.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

It will be a sad day when Chico leaves and Welbeck stays at United!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement