Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Notes in OP,22/7

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

brinty wrote: »
    Your carrington source says hello :p

along with the other 350 people that work there that are not related to anybody or have no family or friends :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

brinty wrote: »
    Bull..
    Said poster has a history of ITK proclamations...all of which we could make
    Claimed to have a source at carrington
    Claimed deals for Kroos and Shaw we're about to be finalised a month before Shaw signed
    Claiming deals for other players are close

Any poster on here could do this but don't as most have the "Common sense" and wait and see approach to allow the club to do their business..

We all know how the club operates so saying to the contrary is being silly and repeatedly doing so makes it even worse

Spoofers should be called out as such..

I never said he wasn't a bull****ter, I've called him on it multiple times myself. Claiming that what he's saying isn't true because the club hasn't issued a press release about rumoured targets is just dumb though and there's better ways of calling him on his bs.
    Respected posters on here never make these claims and thats why they are respected as such

Ah there's actually a few regulars here that do it, albeit not as blatantly as Bangkok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

bangkok wrote: »
    along with the other 350 people that work there that are not related to anybody or have no family or friends :rolleyes:

Nobody is saying that the staff at Carrington don't have family or friends, just that they're not family or friends of yours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Do they only hire people with no families?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

MagicIRL wrote: »
    If you're going to keep coming back pretending to be ITK time and time again you're gonna' be ridiculed. And rightly so imo.

The kroos bit I get but he isnt that much out of kilter with what some others are saying and nearly anytime he posts he's getting hassle. Even when he isnt on thread he's getting it in the neck.

TBF I'm impressed he hasn't thrown a wobbly over it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

I've heard from Ed's hairdresser that a deal for De Vrij should be worked out by the end of the week ;)

In all seriousness would love the inclusion of De Vrij.
    I can't take the rumours of a swap for Vermaelen for Smalling or Jones as serious rumour. Seems like a daft move.

Ah its our little joke,dont be such a killjoy.

We all know he dosent have a brother in manchester our sources in turin and if you claim to have, you might as well back them up with proof.

When was the last time they were mentioned?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

how do I pretend to be in the know time and time again?

and this craic of "his sourcein turin" like I said before it wasn't a source its a friend of mine who is a teacher there

How did this teacher know what Fergie and Conte were talking about?

Was taking them for economic studies I think

When was the last time they were mentioned?

jesus, relax. I'm pretty sure it has all turned into an in thread joke at this stage.

Why are you getting offended on behalf of someone.

Recently it has all been light hearted jokes about it.

They were probably mentioned in January if you want to be pedantic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

He used to teach both of them English

K-9 wrote: »
    Big Liverpool post

Who's doing the buying for ye? I'm not sure I'd trust your spending over the last season or 2 if the trend continues. A huge aspect will be how effective sturridge is, imo he was nearly as impressive in term of effectiveness as suarez last season, suarez padded his stats when ye were ahead, dont think he was worth what ye got for him.

Haha so since the Hummels talk has faded from the papers, The Guardian have gone back to the aul Sneijder story again.
    Apparently United have tried to "woo" Sneijder into joining us. Don't claim sources but who needs them!

jesus, relax. I'm pretty sure it has all turned into an in thread joke at this stage.

Why are you getting offended on behalf of someone.

Recently it has all been light hearted jokes about it.

They were probably mentioned in January if you want to be pedantic.

Well I read the thread and it's not funny anymore tbh. I didn't say I was offended, it's old now.

I Know when they were mentioned, long enough ago and not brought up by him again for it the be irrelevant.

Nope. Just like I don't think there was ever any contact with Sneijder in 2011. This is 2014's Sneijder.

Manchester United have said they do not expect Wesley Sneijder to join the club from Internazionale before the end of the transfer window. Although the Premier League champions did not want to go on the record, the official stance from Old Trafford is that the deal is not going to happen. The information comes from boardroom level, with the chief executive, David Gill, giving his approval for it to be known that United are not actively trying to sign the Dutchman.
    That position can feasibly change – Sneijder could, in theory, drastically lower his salary requirements and Inter may offer him at a reduced fee – but this is to be regarded as unlikely, according to United. If that remains the case, it threatens to be a significant setback to Sir Alex Ferguson's hopes of building a team with realistic aspirations of closing the gap on Barcelona over the next few years.
    Ferguson has spent £50m this summer on Ashley Young, Phil Jones and David de Gea but regarded the signing of a top-quality central midfielder as a priority. The manager has missed out on Samir Nasri of Arsenal while another target, Tottenham Hotspur's Luka Modric, favours a move to Chelsea. Nasri's talks with Manchester City are at an advanced stage although time may be running out for their hope that the transfer can be finalised in time for him to make his debut at home to Swansea City on Monday.
    Sneijder has said there have been "unofficial talks" with United and there remains an element of confusion about the exact order of events leading to Thursday's development. United first notified journalists at the start of the team's pre-season tour to the United States that Sneijder did not feature in their plans. They are now reiterating that this is the case.
    Yet in between Gill admitted there had been contact with Inter. He qualified that by saying "we didn't progress that one", but stressed the situation could change before the end of the window. "The important point is that you never know. I've been around in football long enough to know things change quickly."

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Lads, it shouldn't need to be said that if a poster's style isn't to your liking, you're free to ignore them. But when I click into a topic and see that it's simply a discussion slagging off a poster and has gone completely off topic, I feel the need to step in and say to cop on.

If a poster's style is not to your tastes, or if you feel someone isn't credible, please feel free to ignore them and not drag the thread so off topic. Thanks ;)

EDIT: Just to add....there's been problems with "in-jokes" before whereby it's not always clear a joke is a joke. It also can appear to be verging on bullying, no matter what a person has posted in the past. You're more than free to pass by a post and ignore it, but please don't start throwing shots at someone cause it does nothing but make me have to add another warning to the thread.

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Haha so since the Hummels talk has faded from the papers, The Guardian have gone back to the aul Sneijder story again.
    Apparently United have tried to "woo" Sneijder into joining us. Don't claim sources but who needs them!

Shame Giggs retired, otherwise this post would still be spot on.

Shame Giggs retired, otherwise this post would still be spot on.

Haha I sometimes think Sneijder made a deal with the devil to give him good footballing talent but in return he would forever have to be linked with a move to United!

Guardian wall of text.

I never claimed that the papers had not linked United with Sneijder, so I don't really know why you posted this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Apparently Juventus have had an offer for Udinese midfielder Roberto Pereyra accepted.

Wonder why they need another midfielder?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,758 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I never claimed that the papers had not linked United with Sneijder, so I don't really know why you posted this.

Originally Posted by Maximus Alexander viewpost.gif
    Nope. Just like I don't think there was ever any contact with Sneijder in 2011. This is 2014's Sneijder.

Ya did think United didnt make contact though :)

gill was quoted saying there was contact

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Ya did think United didnt make contact though :)

I still think that.
    gill was quoted saying there was contact

No, they claimed Gill said that and then quoted him saying the opposite. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Vidals face appeared on my burnt toast this morning

Arturon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭TheRedDevil10

you're all gob****es

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭aperture_nuig

you're all gob****es
    Bit harsh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

you're all gob****es

I'll take a vowel, Carol.

you're all gob****es

I don't know why I first read that as "gobobbles"

goebbels-truth.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,780 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I suggest gobobbles as the new slur of choice for the thread

No, they claimed Gill said that and then quoted him saying the opposite. :confused:

I dont think he said the opposite though, didnt progress it is not saying it didnt happen, sound a tentative testing approach to me.

Oh yea, I know where getting the same recycled stories in the papers but were linked with Cuadrado in a lot of them again. Apparently a bid of £27.7 million has been made. Then again the sources seem to be coming from Spain and it wouldn't be the first time they have ran with a story that wasn't true.

What do people think? Worth the money?

Apparently Juventus have had an offer for Udinese midfielder Roberto Pereyra accepted.

Wonder why they need another midfielder?

spend 20m on a striker, 1.5 on evra, 4m on sturaro, 4m on marrone still after nani, doing a Tottenham on it spending all the vidal money before vidal leaves :D

I dont think he said the opposite though, didnt progress it is not saying it didnt happen, sound a tentative testing approach to me.

That's fine. It doesn't sounds like it to me, but it's not really critical that we all agree on this. ;)

spend 20m on a striker, 1.5 on evra, 4m on sturaro, 4m on marrone still after nani, doing a Tottenham on it spending all the vidal money before vidal leaves :D

Decent chance vidal wont pass a medical, might be offloading pogba or some other high value assets. Anyone know who in their squad would cover these sales?

• Advertisement

According to twitter BRod wants to add Vidal to his Scouselacticos

Arturoff

Anyone hazard a guess as to how Madrid midfield and attack will line up this season. Well the sitting 2 in a 4-2-3-1 if anchelotti got with that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Decent chance vidal wont pass a medical, might be offloading pogba or some other high value assets. Anyone know who in their squad would cover these sales?

The medical would bow down and crumble in fear at the mere sight of Mr. Vidal

......Kroos Modric......
    Bale James Ronaldo
    ......Benzy/Falcao.....

Alonso will be phased out I'm guessing

What if the Vidal move is already done but Vidal wants to take his holidays.

He won't get paid his holiday days if he dosent.

Also gives his knew time to recover and since eddy is pure sound let's Juve spend the money so they don't get raped?

• Advertisement

The medical would bow down and crumble in fear at the mere sight of Mr. Vidal

I'd be worried about his knee crumbling, I've struggled with knee issues for 7 years, my brother has weak knees as well, dad did both his knees. We'll all done ACL at least once and torn cartilage once, sometime it's just genetic and once it goes it never heals properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Also gives his knew time to recover and since eddy is pure sound let's Juve spend the money so they don't get raped?

I like your sthyle :D

According to twitter BRod wants to add Vidal to his Scouselacticos

Arturoff

FG already told us Vidal doesn't like Pogba, so he'll hardly play next to him over in Evertonland.

Arturon

......Kroos Modric......
    Bale James Ronaldo
    ......Benzy/Falcao.....

Alonso will be phased out I'm guessing

that is very open though, modric and kroos cant do the holding role against any top team properly imo.

Moratta said last week or the week before that Vidal was meant to be back pre season yesterday

Not sure if he showed up or not

Moratta said last week or the week before that Vidal was meant to be back pre season yesterday

Whether he showed up or not he wont be doing much.

He'll turn up in extra time against Galaxy. Nutmeg Keano after thundering down from the stands, still wearing his ingenius Roy Keane disguise, score an absolute thunderbastard in the top right corner of the net, tearing it clean from the posts before stripping bollock naked and showing a huge "MUFC TILL I DIE" tattoo cut in to his back.

Paddy Cerrand will keel over, be instantly revived by Arturo and then keel again. Rooney will instantly lose 35 lbs right from his arsehole. LvG will erupt in to his patented boat dance routine and a Native American will shed a single tear.

Whether he showed up or not he wont be doing much.

Because he is taking his holidays.

He is being that annoying lady in the office who comes in with biscuit cake on her holidays to see how everyone is.

And to say good bye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Pretty sure he said in his interview to the Chilevision that he was back in italy on the 28th.. another week of rumours :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

He's due back on Friday.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement