Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Notes in OP,22/7

1194195196197198200»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

He's due back on Friday.

Arturo dosent work Saturodays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

lol.
    Arsenal want either Chris Smalling, 24, or fellow Manchester United defender Phil Jones, 22, as part of a deal which will take 28-year-old centre-back Thomas Vermaelen the other way.

Daily Mirror.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

Arturo dosent work Saturodays.

Due back at the club on Friday. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Haha so since the Hummels talk has faded from the papers, The Guardian have gone back to the aul Sneijder story again.
    Apparently United have tried to "woo" Sneijder into joining us. Don't claim sources but who needs them!

I think they mean "shoo". As in, sorry Wes, we already have 18 players who can play #10.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

According to twitter BRod wants to add Vidal to his Scouselacticos

Arturoff

That's that wrapped up then.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Oh yea, I know where getting the same recycled stories in the papers but were linked with Cuadrado in a lot of them again. Apparently a bid of £27.7 million has been made. Then again the sources seem to be coming from Spain and it wouldn't be the first time they have ran with a story that wasn't true.

What do people think? Worth the money?

Pace, skill, strength, good end product. A significant upgrade on our current options. He is one of the players I'd like us most to sign and it's semi realistic that we would get him if we tried. He had a great season with Fiorentina and did quite well at the world cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

v3ttel wrote: »
    Pace, power, skill, strength, good end product. A significant upgrade on our current options.

Hopefully the stories are true, it was reported we were considering a bid but the Hummels rumours were getting more space on the papers. Today some people are saying that a bid has been launched. Hard to tell what is a genuine source though and whats just people trying to fill up space on the papers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

......Kroos Modric......
    Bale James Ronaldo
    ......Benzy/Falcao.....

Alonso will be phased out I'm guessing

Can't see these being Ancelottis signings this has Perez writing all over it, They sign Suarez we sign James, That team would be far to open and unbalanced, Ancelotti got it spot on last year when he went 4-4-3 with Di Maria being the key to the system, I hope it doesn't work out for them, What must the likes of Isco be thinking annoying club :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Lads I think there'll plenty of value in madrid's exits this summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Montroseee

Would love Illaramendi at the club, unbelievable player who won't be seeing too much gametime now that Khedira seems to be staying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Lads I think there'll plenty of value in madrid's exits this summer.

Khedira seems to be great value, Di Maria is a crazy price.

would expect them to cover most of the Jrod money with them 2 anyway, then Kross for the money they paid for him is just a steal.

that could go down as one of the best transfers theyve ever done.

Khedira seems to be great value, Di Maria is a crazy price.

would expect them to cover most of the Jrod money with them 2 anyway, then Kross for the money they paid for him is just a steal.

that could go down as one of the best transfers theyve ever done.

I don't just mean to cover the transfers but some of the squad are bound to want to be off with reduced game time on offer, they have some serious players who will be down the pecking order now. Think illarramendi will be a starter for them next season?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

Montroseee wrote: »
    Would love Illaramendi at the club, unbelievable player who won't be seeing too much gametime now that Khedira seems to be staying.

he is not that good..out of his depth at madrid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Can't wait for the first game, 3 o clock Thursday morning though why couldn't they have it earlier!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Montroseee

wadacrack wrote: »
    he is not that good..out of his depth at madrid

He's not out of his depth at all, just been messed around a little in that circus of a club. He was Sociedad's star player when they qualified for the CL, was an absolute machine that season. Would probably cost a lot given that he signed a six year contract though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

bmcc10 wrote: »
    Big fan of the Portugese and French leagues Adam?
    Can't see these being Ancelottis signings this has Perez writing all over it, They sign Suarez we sign James, That team would be far to open and unbalanced, Ancelotti got it spot on last year when he went 4-4-3 with Di Maria being the key to the system, I hope it doesn't work out for them, What must the likes of Isco be thinking annoying club :mad:

Gah, think I may have mistook your reply above to one of my posts earlier the wrong way, thought you were having a dig.

Didn't realise you were an actual RM fan, so on the chance that you were being genuine, yes I think he will be a fantastic signing for Madrid. Sure it must be maddening for the likes of Isco who arrived with great expectation but who now look like they may never get a ''real'' opportunity to hang on to a starting place, but, tbh I'd have Rodriguez in the side ahead of him and even though United similarly have no real need to a buy a player of his position, I'd have blown the load if we had bought him or any player of his quality. He won't turn out to be one of those big money flops where the less profile player in the squad ends up with the last laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Thecon21

Madrid are like playing Footy Manager after being in the editor and giving yourself 1bn to start with.. Buy all the good players, following season buy all the next best players, shunning your stars from the previous season..

They literally operate like a manager game.. Should be fun to watch but I worry about the balance of their MF.

Can't wait for the first game, 3 o clock Thursday morning though why couldn't they have it earlier!

Shíte, I thought this was on tonight (tomorrow morning) :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

I seen 10 pages of posts since I checked earlier this afternoon and thought we had signed something (sponsor or player). Nope 10 pages about ITK posters, What David Gill did or didn't say in 2011 about Sneijder and how Real Madrid will line up next year.

We need a signing before this place completely blows up

• Advertisement

duffman13 wrote: »
    I seen 10 pages of posts since I checked earlier this afternoon and thought we had signed something (sponsor or player). Nope 10 pages about ITK posters, What David Gill did or didn't say in 2011 about Sneijder and how Real Madrid will line up next year.

I had a similar experience to you earlier today, and the first post I read was a quoted article from tuttosport regarding positive developments in the Vidal to United transfer. "Great" I thought, "Here we fúcking go!" 10 pages later - nothing, nada, zilch! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

duffman13 wrote: »

I thought the same, instead it is full of Gobobbles.

10 pages? Wrong settings lads

Tuttosport say Juve are trying to sign Guarin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

WTF is gobobbles all about? Don't go all LFC thread on me folks :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Craig Norwood ‏@CraigNorwood 1m
    James Wilson broke a finger in his left hand pre-season.

There was a game of hangman a few pages back.

We started with gob****es.

Turns out the answer was gobobbles.

It has now been adopted as a slur word in the thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

TheTownie wrote: »
    There was a game of hangman a few pages back.

We started with gob****es.

Turns out the answer was gobobbles.

Ah right, I've been away for a bit and thought we might be heading into in-joke territory...

F**k sake Will, don't be such a gobobbles :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

4-4-3? Can they play with 12 in Spain? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,369 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Ah right, I've been away for a bit and thought we might be heading into in-joke territory...

In-jokes? Here? Nah you're in the wrong place.

Zerks, put up a gif showing how wrong he is.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

#mufc Reserves XI v Southport: O'Hara; Janko, Thorpe, McNair, Varela; Bebe, Rothwell, Petrucci, A.Pereira, Lawrence; Wilson.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

lordgoat wrote: »
    #mufc Reserves XI v Southport: O'Hara; Janko, Thorpe, McNair, Varela; Bebe, Rothwell, Petrucci, A.Pereira, Lawrence; Wilson.

Whats the story with Powell? Is he injured?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Whats the story with Powell? Is he injured?

They are trying to get him a loan deal with a prem league club

Ducker's tour diary.

goebbels-truth.jpg

He had none at all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Ed Woodwards reaction if he manages to sign Vidal and Hummels

https://vine.co/v/Muv1D7LDPPl

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

Van Gaal has got great big balls

Wenger's are so very small

Pellegrini, his are teeny

and Brendan Rodgers has no balls at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Too many syllables in the last line for it to work properly imo.

• Advertisement

iJIW89B.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Lads can you subscribe to MUTV for one month only? Do you sign up and cancel straight away?

The preseason is looking very entertaining, Madrid, Roma and Inter. Cant wait to see what sort of formations we try and if any players step up their game. I know the preseason doesn't mean an awful lot. We've seen players have great preseasons and then do nothing all year, but Im still looking forward to it.

I know I can't guess what United will do, but you would imagine Ed has gone back to try sort out another transfer or two, so I wouldn't be surprised seeing a new face join us before the end of the week. I reckon Blind, De Vrij or Vermaelen. Hard to tell though.

adox wrote: »
    Lads can you subscribe to MUTV for one month only? Do you sign up and cancel straight away?

I think they tie you to a year contract..could be wrong though.

zorro2566 wrote: »
    He had none at all!

Wha? It was about the gobobbles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

I think they tie you to a year contract..could be wrong though.

Will give it a miss if that's the case so. Would have been nice for the pre season games.

• Advertisement

adox wrote: »
    Will give it a miss if that's the case so. Would have been nice for the pre season games.

"A 12 month contract applies for all services. A cancellation fee will apply should you cancel during the first 12 months."

Yeah they have us trumped! Would have been nice if they decided to make the channel free during the preseason.

Zico wrote: »
    Van Gaal has got great big balls

Wenger's are so very small

Pellegrini, his are teeny

and Brendan Rodgers has no balls at all.

Mou's are big enough

iJIW89B.gif

what is?

close the thread

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

And we're at 10,000 posts. Thread closed and new one open :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement