Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Notes in OP,22/7

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

Vidal looks like a great all round box to box midfielder, how would ye guys compare him to Roy keane in his prime?

Keane was more like that in his early career. Similar in some respects. Vidal is just a superb player. Would transform our team to have a player like that instead of carrick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Have some of that

<3 Cavani

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

First time I've ever cheered a Suarez goal..I feel dirty.

ElChe32 wrote: »
    First time I've ever cheered a Suarez goal..I feel dirty.

I didn't cheer the finish I cheered the assist ;)

Thought initially it was inch perfect, but actually it wouldn't have taken 5 England players out of the equation if Jagielka hadn't got caught momentarily ball watching, still would have been incredibly difficult to stop.

Rooney the only one playing alright??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

TheDoc wrote: »
    Ronaldo situation was different.

He didnt then change his mind and take on a bumper contract. Ronaldo said he wanted to leave to Madrid, which is THE big club for people in that region. He was convinced to stay another year, and in fairness did so, with the agreement he could go next season.

It was amicable, it was respectful, Ronaldo got the head down and was incredible. Granted we didn't know all this until after the fact, if anything it gave me a lot more respect for Ronaldo. Fergie believed there was another CL on the horizon, didn't work out that way and he went, still mostly lauded by our fans.

Rooney has twice schemed a move, found out he's not as highly regarded in Europe as his agent might have made him think, and then ended up with a new contract, each time.

There was a pretty big difference. The amount of money doesn't bother me persay, but the club bending to his will certainly does. We've now made him an undroppable player on that salary, and to a point where we most likely won't be able to sell him. No one in Europe would pay 300k a week for Rooney.

No one

Ronaldo sulked his way through his last season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Deiseboy01

England should be playing 451. Rooney up top. Throw Milner into advanced centre mid . Midfield just don't have the legs

TheDoc wrote: »
    Ronaldo situation was different.

He didnt then change his mind and take on a bumper contract. Ronaldo said he wanted to leave to Madrid, which is THE big club for people in that region. He was convinced to stay another year, and in fairness did so, with the agreement he could go next season.

It was amicable, it was respectful, Ronaldo got the head down and was incredible. Granted we didn't know all this until after the fact, if anything it gave me a lot more respect for Ronaldo. Fergie believed there was another CL on the horizon, didn't work out that way and he went, still mostly lauded by our fans.

Rooney has twice schemed a move, found out he's not as highly regarded in Europe as his agent might have made him think, and then ended up with a new contract, each time.

There was a pretty big difference. The amount of money doesn't bother me persay, but the club bending to his will certainly does. We've now made him an undroppable player on that salary, and to a point where we most likely won't be able to sell him. No one in Europe would pay 300k a week for Rooney.

No one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

Rooney is the best of a bad bunch for England, but he wouldn't get on the Uruguayan bench in any position.

beno619 wrote: »

My new favorite pic

youre-wrong.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

One thing with England is when a player gets the ball he has no options available to him pass it sideways.bit like our lads last season,players playing a million miles apart from each other.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Not a fan of Khedira but again hes better than the lot we have now.

Look at it this way, apparently LVG always deploys 3 in midfield, a defender, a box to box player, and an attacking player. Khedira can play the defensive role well, Mata seems ideal to play the attacking role the way Sneijder does for Holland, so we need someone to play box-to-box, Strootman in an ideal world, Fellaini/Carrick/Cleverley in a cruel world.

It's a signing I would be upset with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Look at it this way, apparently LVG always deploys 3 in midfield, a defender, a box to box player, and an attacking player. Khedira can play the defensive role well, Mata seems ideal to play the attacking role the way Sneijder does for Holland, so we need someone to play box-to-box, Strootman in an ideal world, Fellaini/Carrick/Cleverley in a cruel world.

It's a signing I would be upset with.

I would say Khedira is more box to box than he is a holding midfielder. He gets up and down the pitch very well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,654 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

kryogen wrote: »
    Have some of that

<3 Cavani

Spoke a bit to soon

Blatter wrote: »
    I would say Khedira is more box to box than he is a holding midfielder. He gets up and down the pitch very well.

While I agree he is more box to box then holding, he is not the required standard we should be targetting, very over rated player in some places, though the penny does seem to be dropping.

Headshot wrote: »
    Spoke a bit to soon

Can never be too soon to profess man love for The Matador!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Larry Wildman

Vidal would be the perfect signing.

Re Rooney, it's easy to see why some people want to see the back of him. His wages and his profile are at the Ronaldo/Messi end of the spectrum but he's way short of that level. The boy that lit up Euro 2004 and scored that hat trick against Fenerbache has not fulfilled his potential.

Rooney :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

English media will have to blame Rooney for that goal....

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Deiseboy01

Delighted for rooney, he's been the best of a bad lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Delighted for him!
    Robin van Persie ‏@Persie_Official
    Yesssss get in there!! @WayneRooney

• Advertisement

Football and the media in particular are utterly insane.

Rooney scores a tap in and suddenly he'll be Gazza in 1990 reincarnated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

As far as I can see you're the only one suggesting as much. Rooney has, however, been their best player by a stretch and a mile.

Gerrard :)

Suarez should be on Rooney wages.

Zico wrote: »
    Gerrard :)

It was a good assist lol.

Getting back to United, I wonder how long till we are linked with James Rodriguez?

RobertKK wrote: »
    Getting back to United, I wonder how long till we are linked with James Rodriguez?

Have we not been yet this year? Was nearly sure we have been, as we are every year

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Oh **** off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Have we not been yet this year? Was nearly sure we have been, as we are every year

no not afaik after his 45mill transfer last year no rag is that stupid to run that story

• Advertisement

Timmyctc wrote: »
    As far as I can see you're the only one suggesting as much. Rooney has, however, been their best player by a stretch and a mile.

I doubt that...had England gone on to get a result we'd have been treated to "Rooney comes good" and "Lionheart Rooney" headlines.

England are an average side and massively overrated.

Jesus Christ...the nation that had Jimmy Greaves, Dixie Dean, Gary Lineker, Tommy Taylor and Alan Shearer has Ricky F..king Lambert coming on to save the day. Shocking.

Anyway, re United and Rooney...sell him. Scholesy was right...he's past his best.

My new favorite pic

youre-wrong.jpg

Your opinion ,he didn't play with a smile on his face like his phenomenon second last season. I love the guy but don't think he gave 100% in his last year.

My new favorite pic

youre-wrong.jpg

Your opinion ,he didn't play with a smile on his face like his phenomenon second last season. I love the guy but don't think he gave 100% in his last year.

Oh **** off.

I was thinking just that when you said he was a 'World Class' striker earlier.

NTMK wrote: »
    no not afaik after his 45mill transfer last year no rag is that stupid to run that story

Headline from today
    Colombia 2 - Ivory Coast 1: Man Utd target James Rodriguez opens scoring in tight victory

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Wonder what Moyes thought of Jagielkas defending tonight and if he thinks Vidic could learn from what he saw tonight.

• Advertisement

beno619 wrote: »

A smile on his face? Not many players actually do that you know, an idea though, would freak out the opposition surely to have a guy smiling at them for 90 minutes

Honestly, if he didn't give 100% we would not have been near the CL final that year

Wonder what Moyes thought of Jagielkas defending tonight and if he thinks Vidic could learn from what he saw tonight.

"He was unlucky"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Serious tide change on Rooney, it shows the power the media have and the stupidity of some who go along with it

England are very poor and I don't know if it's more Hodgson or the disastrous midfield and defence. To give Suarez credit he's probably the second best striker at the tournament after the Oranje Salmon

Van-Persie-Header-Goal-GIF.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Headline from today

i like to change my statement to

"no not afaik after his 45mill transfer last year no rag bar the express is that stupid to run that story"

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Serious tide change on Rooney, it shows the power the media have and the stupidity of some who go along with it

England are very poor and I don't know if it's more Hodgson of the disastrous midfield and defence. To give Suarez credit he's probably the second best striker at the tournament after the Oranje Salmon

Van-Persie-Header-Goal-GIF.gif

They're coming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Zico wrote: »
    Rooney is the best of a bad bunch for England, but he wouldn't get on the Uruguayan bench in any position.

Ah would ya stop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

"Delighted for Rooney" is now trending on twitter in Ireland :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

"Delighted for Rooney" is now trending on twitter in Ireland :pac:
    I am delighted for him as it's pathetic how he has been targeted in the last few weeks when there are more obvious issues with their team.

In saying that, he should have buried one shortly before he scored his tap in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Schwiiing wrote: »
    They're coming.

tumblr_mcgreykmFB1ru8yv8o2_250.gif

tumblr_mcgreykmFB1ru8yv8o8_250.gif

c007c1fd74b600c75c5f8ad957249def18fb9d71a445c0a71112d8a9eea4a2b4.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Schwiiing wrote: »
    They're coming.

*moves fridge*

GermanCockroaches%20behind%20firdge.jpg

well lads! :pac:

You know it makes me so happy. He ****s up the title race for Pool and now he ****s the International Team.

Just love it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

Fair play to Rooney and Sturridge, they were the only two players brave enough to rise up to the occasion. For a player as senior as Gerrard to be as ineffective and anonymous as he has been in the last 2 games is simply not good enough. The fact that he is meant to be the leader of his team is laughable. The armband should be given to Rooney or Sturridge. I'd nearly give it to Joe Hart ahead of him.

Anyway! What's the story with Khedira? Is there any substance to the rumours or is it all rag talk?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Headshot wrote: »
    You know it makes me so happy. He ****s up the title race for Pool and now he ****s the International Team.

Just love it

How dare you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

No Kagawa :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

Kagawa left out of the team. That was a strange story they mentioned on rte, said that kagawa admitted to being mentally beaten or something. Hmm...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement