Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Notes in OP,22/7

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Why do they keep putting the feckin' Dutch matches on at 5pm. :mad:

All that group's matches are at 5pm. Hon the Pirlo though. If Italy go out can we break the bank for Pirlo? Raging we didn't go for him the summer Juve signed him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,000 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

KH25 wrote: »
    He was great against Spain. Constantly harrassing players with the ball. He reminded me of Tevez and the way he used to chase down every ball.

To be honest how he kept that up for 85 minutes was unreal. He never stopped hassling he covered some ground. I never watched him much until recently he is the best midfielders in the world by a distance imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

I actually get the feeling that we'll sign a left back, and a very average centre back and that will be the lot. I hope to God I'm wrong. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Timmyctc wrote: »
    All that group's matches are at 5pm. Hon the Pirlo. If Italy go out can we break the bank for Pirlo? Raging we didn't go for him the summer Juve signed him.

Everything about Pirlo is beauty.

Here's some pictures of Pirlo doing Pirlo things.

Pirlo wearing a coat.
    fc813d30-b074-11e3-b896-297e7045afa6_183959891.jpg

Pirlo smelling some wine. Little known fact: Pirlo invented wine.
    andrea-pirlo-wine.jpg

Pirlo running to embrace me in a manhug bromance.
    o-ANDREA-PIRLO-AUTOBIOGRAPHY-facebook.jpg

Pirlo taking a freekick like a sexy ****.
    Andrea_Pirlo_Juventus.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭mcratsix

Nani is just a bad player in my opinion. I'm not saying he doesn't have talent, he clearly does. But he's selfish, he tries to shoot outside the box at every opportunity and rarely even hits the target. He's been at United for years, and yes he's proven that he can be useful, but he's also proven that the majority of the time he's useless. He doesn't track back or give 100%, the way Valencia does. He's much better on the ball then Valencia, but he doesn't seem to have the confidence any more to really take people on like he did once (I'm thinking of that game against arsenal a few years ago where he ran riot).

For me, nani is never going to be a really great player at United, and it would be best for him and for the club if he were to leave. He'd probably be a great player for some club in Portugal.

On a similar note, I say get rid of cleverly and young too. They're just not united standard.

Can't quite figure if this is Moyes defending Fellaini, or blaming him.. I suspect it's the latter.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/484271/I-thought-I-was-signing-a-No-8-David-Moyes-lifts-lid-on-Marouane-Fellaini

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

I understand to a point why people are defending Nani over Valencia. Thing is Valencia is limited, you're basically getting about as much as you can muster out of him... but Nani is multiple times more talented but it's pissed away with terrible decision making... which is far more frustrating to watch.

Both have no place in a United team trying to get champions league football again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Can't quite figure if this is Moyes defending Fellaini, or blaming him.. I suspect it's the latter.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/484271/I-thought-I-was-signing-a-No-8-David-Moyes-lifts-lid-on-Marouane-Fellaini

The headline in that article is shocking.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Absolute gutter journalism.

I feel really sorry for Fellaini. I hope he uses the abuse he's been getting. Comes out next season determined to prove a few people wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

That article reflects worse on Moyes than Fellaini.

I wouldn't blame Fellaini if he had Moyes' face on a dart board at home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

He has brilliant fitness, a brilliant attitude. What we saw him do against Algeria was what I brought him to Manchester United for.

Wasn't Felliani brought on up front against Algeria to be awkward and win high ball?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Zico wrote: »
    That article reflects worse on Moyes than Fellaini.

I wouldn't blame Fellaini if he had Moyes' face on a dart board at home.

No it doesn't it reflects poorly on the rubbish editor putting that attention grabbing headline, where Moyes didn't make the reference once.

I thought it was an honest article. It's also somewhat good to get some clarity on what he wanted form Fellaini. I thought he cam in his prefered DM role, but that wasn't the case.

So what I can say, is that Moyes failed dramatically in terms of providing a base for which Fellaini could operate in a more advanced role.

Also agree with Moyes in that he will show his true colours next year. It's good to see him outline that Fellaini being the first and only signing, is the last thing he wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

TheDoc wrote: »
    No it doesn't it reflects poorly on the rubbish editor putting that attention grabbing headline, where Moyes didn't make the reference once.

I thought it was an honest article. It's also somewhat good to get some clarity on what he wanted form Fellaini. I thought he cam in his prefered DM role, but that wasn't the case.

So what I can say, is that Moyes failed dramatically in terms of providing a base for which Fellaini could operate in a more advanced role.

Also agree with Moyes in that he will show his true colours next year. It's good to see him outline that Fellaini being the first and only signing, is the last thing he wanted.

I'm confused.

You think the article paints Moyes in a more positive light than Fellaini but Moyes failed Fellaini by not providing him with the support to do his job?

:confused::confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Everything about Pirlo is beauty.

Here's some pictures of Pirlo doing Pirlo things.................

Post nominated for POTY -Post Of The Year. Fantastic stuff. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

I think the role Fellaini played against Algeria is what should be his role in the future with us. Think about it, we are at home to Stoke and 0-1 behind, Fellaini comes on gets a headed goal from a long ball and then sets up another after controlling a long ball perfectly on his chest. Aside from being an awkward substitute, I can't see where else he will fit in under LVG.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Absolute gutter journalism.

The Express have really outdone themselves this summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

mcratsix wrote: »
    Nani is just a bad player in my opinion. I'm not saying he doesn't have talent, he clearly does. But he's selfish, he tries to shoot outside the box at every opportunity and rarely even hits the target. He's been at United for years, and yes he's proven that he can be useful, but he's also proven that the majority of the time he's useless. He doesn't track back or give 100%, the way Valencia does. He's much better on the ball then Valencia, but he doesn't seem to have the confidence any more to really take people on like he did once (I'm thinking of that game against arsenal a few years ago where he ran riot).

For me, nani is never going to be a really great player at United, and it would be best for him and for the club if he were to leave. He'd probably be a great player for some club in Portugal.

On a similar note, I say get rid of cleverly and young too. They're just not united standard.

Good post. I said this a year or so ago and got a rollicking for it. Times have changed.

mcratsix wrote: »

Just out of interest. You never mentioned getting rid of Val. Would you keep him if given the choice?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Why do they keep putting the feckin' Dutch matches on at 5pm. :mad:

FIFA probably want to make sure the Dutch play every game during the peak heat of the day. Since Sepp probably knows who's going to win the WC already. He wouldn't want the Dutch providing an upset.

Good post. I said this a year or so ago and got a rollicking for it. Times have changed.

Don't be lying. Lies make baby Jesus cry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Whats changed?

Someone agrees with you and you feel vindicated and need to point it out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

In a world where expressing an opinion that goes on to be expressed by someone else a year later makes you money, you'd have just made some money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

thelad95 wrote: »
    I think the role Fellaini played against Algeria is what should be his role in the future with us. Think about it, we are at home to Stoke and 0-1 behind, Fellaini comes on gets a headed goal from a long ball and then sets up another after controlling a long ball perfectly on his chest. Aside from being an awkward substitute, I can't see where else he will fit in under LVG.

£27 million. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

£27 million. :(

I think even £23.5m would have been too much.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

This is highly amusing
    Sport Witness ‏@Sport_Witness 14m

Dutch WC outfield players NOT linked with Manchester United since LVG: Verhaegh, Veltman, Kongolo, Fer, Wijnaldum, Lens, Kuyt and Huntelaar.

Meaning over 50% of the squad has been linked in some way by the media.

• Timmyctc wrote: »
    All that group's matches are at 5pm. Hon the Pirlo though. If Italy go out can we break the bank for Pirlo? Raging we didn't go for him the summer Juve signed him.

That would have been the right time to get him.

Yes he's still class but @ 35 to break the back now???
    Not so sure.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    That would have been the right time to get him.

Yes he's still class but @ 35 to break the back now???
    Not so sure.

We'd make our money back in a week. Just set up a subscription based video service where we just get to watch him walk around his house.

Timmyctc wrote: »
    We'd make our money back in a week. Just set up a subscription based video service where we just get to watch him walk around his house.

Pirlo doesn't walk. The ground moves beneath him. Every blade of grass on the field wants to be underneath Pirlo's boot. The same goes for his carpet at home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,376 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Pirlo is an overrated workshy hipster with a crap beard.

Some balance needed to be brought.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

pirlo.gif

Pirlo can't hear you over the sound of being too Italian.

Pirlo-wine.jpg

Silence the non believer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Just passed someone in town wearing the new kit, almost positive it's not out yet though? (Forgive me if it's been posted in the last few pages, haven't had the chance to read them)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

5306qa.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Just passed someone in town wearing the new kit, almost positive it's not out yet though? (Forgive me if it's been posted in the last few pages, haven't had the chance to read them)

Probably bought from China.

My new Real Madrid shirt with Ronaldo on the back arrived today,I ordered it a week before the official unveiling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Can get them from China.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Mr_Red

Have we signed anyone yet out linked with anyone outside the Dutch team?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

pirlo-cristo-redentor-brasil.jpg

Picture of Jesus and God.

Mr_Red wrote: »
    Have we signed anyone yet out linked with anyone outside the Dutch team?

We don't do signings anymore. Instead we offer our worst players new contracts. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

We don't do signings anymore. Instead we offer our worst players new contracts. :mad:

Kew says relax

AY AY AY AY YAHHHHHHH

DUMM DUMM DUMM DUMM

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RichFTW

What did it look like?

This:

manchester-united-2014-15-new-home-kit.jpg

or this?

manchester-united-chevrolet-home-shirt.jpg

I don't even what to contemplate it being the second one with the awful Chevrolet logo. First one isn't too bad. Or was it something else?

Kew says relax

AY AY AY AY YAHHHHHHH

DUMM DUMM DUMM DUMM

I'm relaxed for the moment. Later this week though I will be gathering up my toys and they will be fcuked out of the pram come July 1st.

Seriously, the squad is in tatters and still no move for any players. Very disconcerting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Pirlo is the bomb!!!

Jesus christ how in Gods name can people not appreciate quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Kew says relax

AY AY AY AY YAHHHHHHH

DUMM DUMM DUMM DUMM

Im as relaxed as Pirlo taking a Peno against england

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭masti123

so whats the new jersey like??

masti123 wrote: »
    so whats the new jersey like??

Long walks on the beach and being tumble dried..

Nah I jest. One of the two above apparently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Once Holland are done with the WC,then things transfer wise should be sorted.It's worrying how Chelsea are just getting things done,Costa imo will thrive under Chelsea's style of play and after all the bull about Fabergas,they just went ahead,made a bid and signed him.We dicked about all last Summer and still couldn't seal the deal.This shouldn't happen this season as LVG won't be like "Dithering Dave" and will have this mythical list shoved up Woodwards arse if he fooks things up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Julez

Any official word on who will make the new jersey?

I know the Nike contract is set to expire, I would presume that they still make this years jersey regardless, as its so late on at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

zerks wrote: »
    Once Holland are done with the WC,then things transfer wise should be sorted.It's worrying how Chelsea are just getting things done,Costa imo will thrive under Chelsea's style of play and after all the bull about Fabergas,they just went ahead,made a bid and signed him.We dicked about all last Summer and still couldn't seal the deal.This shouldn't happen this season as LVG won't be like "Dithering Dave" and will have this mythical list shoved up Woodwards arse if he fooks things up.

Can easily see LVG leaving if Woodward does not bring in (or make a meaningful attempt to bring in) the players he wants.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement