Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Notes in OP,22/7

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

Julez wrote: »
    Any official word on who will make the new jersey?

Children in 3rd world countries of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

KH25 wrote: »
    Can easily see LVG leaving if Woodward does not bring in (or make a meaningful attempt to bring in) the players he wants.

LEAVING :eek: He hasn't even bloody come in yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

RichFTW wrote: »
    What did it look like?

This:

manchester-united-2014-15-new-home-kit.jpg

or this?

manchester-united-chevrolet-home-shirt.jpg

I don't even what to contemplate it being the second one with the awful Chevrolet logo. First one isn't too bad. Or was it something else?

Unfortunately number 2, but it did look better in person than in the picture!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

LEAVING :eek: He hasn't even bloody come in yet

You know what I mean. If the club continue to be as inept in the transfer market as we appeared to be last summer, it would be easy to see LVG issuing them an ultimatum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

You know what lads. If we actually signed Sneijder this year I wouldn't even be mad. After all the years of flirting (even if he is old) I'd be happy. It'd be like finally taking that girl ye fancied in secondary school, home after a night out; after years of everyone else having a go on her.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Timmyctc wrote: »
    after years of everyone else having a go on her.

Gross!

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭steoin

KH25 wrote: »
    You know what I mean. If the club continue to be as inept in the transfer market as we appeared to be last summer, it would be easy to see LVG issuing them an ultimatum.

Ah come on now.

Gross!

Ah well it was just the Italian lad Interio, then the greasy Turkish Fella Galatasaray

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

You know what lads. If we actually signed Sneijder this year I wouldn't even be mad. After all the years of flirting (even if he is old) I'd be happy. It'd be like finally taking that girl ye fancied in secondary school, home after a night out; after years of everyone else having a go on her.

Yeah and she's had 6 kids and is loose as fook! No thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

ding-dong-9-mar-14.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

RVP seemingly defending Rooney in an interview with ESPN, saying he's the reason he decided to make the move to OT.

Also some gas pictures of Fellaini and Janners in training with Belgium. Andy Mitten also adding on after the Moyes article that Fellaini is highly thought of in the squad, and he is also well liked by players and staff due his just generally lovely personality.

Have to say thought he would be some sort of nutter, appears he is a really shy fella.

Dno why, with no signings things should be bleak, but seeing all the United interactions at this world cup giving me a positive buzz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

TheDoc wrote: »
    RVP seemingly defending Rooney in an interview with ESPN, saying he's the reason he decided to make the move to OT.

Also some gas pictures of Fellaini and Janners in training with Belgium. Andy Mitten also adding on after the Moyes article that Fellaini is highly thought of in the squad, and he is also well liked by players and staff due his just generally lovely personality.

Have to say thought he would be some sort of nutter, appears he is a really shy fella.

Dno why, with no signings things should be bleak, but seeing all the United interactions at this world cup giving me a positive buzz.

It's easy to have a positive buzz when we aren't playing. If signings aren't made there won't be much positivity around here.
    We have one washed up left full at the club.
    Central defensive options of smalling, jones (injury prone), Evans (injury prone) and keane (no experience)
    Midfield options of Carrick, cleverly, fletcher, Anderson and Fellaini.
    One decent winger in januzaj.
    It will be a horror show without the proper signings, despite having a good manager.

steoin wrote: »
    Ah come on now.
    Just a thought I had. Admittedly encouraged by the fact I'm exhausted today and just want to see us make some good signings. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,999 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Hope LVG is keeping an eye on Sanchez would be a dream signing.

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Hope LVG is keeping an eye on Sanchez would be a dream signing.

I'd actually be sad :pac: I can't stand his whinging :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I can see Barca using Sanchez as bait for Suarez

I can see Barca using Sanchez as bait for Suarez

According to Bild, they have offered 68 million for him. Straight up cash.

According to Bild, they have offered 68 million for him. Straight up cash.

Barca would want to pay in instalments I think, sure don't they still owe Arsenal for Fabregas and Song, Liverpool will want all the cash up front to replace him.

Buying Suarez would mean Sanchez is nothing more than an expendable squad player to them, so Sanchez and 30 or 40 up front would probably seal it

Barca would want to pay in instalments I think, sure don't they still owe Arsenal for Fabregas and Song, Liverpool will want all the cash up front to replace him.

Buying Suarez would mean Sanchez is nothing more than an expendable squad player to them, so Sanchez and 30 or 40 up front would probably seal it

I meant straight up cash as in nobody in part exchange. My mistake.

Sanchez is a United fan apparently so if he goes anywhere in England I reckon it would be to us.

I meant straight up cash as in nobody in part exchange. My mistake.

Sanchez is a United fan apparently so if he goes anywhere in England I reckon it would be to us.

Jesus I missed the part in your post that said that my bad!

Apparently he has another release clause so I wonder if 68 would do it.

I'd love for us to sign Sanchez, he could flourish under Van Gaal

• Advertisement

I'd love for us to sign Sanchez, he could flourish under Van Gaal

Totally, really good player apart from the imaginary card waving and occasional histrionics.

1 - 0 to Holland, LVG sure likes to celebrate!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Another Utd scorer, Mata has made it 3-0 to Spain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

LVG era is going to be exciting

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Every time I watch holland play, I get so excited....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

More tactical wizardry from LVG. As soon as he makes some changes, they come on and win it. Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait, can't wait......

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

The Netherlands were top scorers in the European quailifiers and continue to score a lot at the world cup - 10 goals in 3 games.
    United last season had a 25% decrease in the number of goals scored compared to previous season, so with LVG having his Dutch side scoring at will, it would make United a big threat next season if he can bring the same results to United.

Just need to sign the right players...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kstand

Heard a few rumours about a bid for Memphis Depay - very impressed with him in the WC from what I've seen - has it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

kstand wrote: »
    Heard a few rumours about a bid for Memphis Depay - very impressed with him in the WC from what I've seen - has it all.

Yes, players that impress at the world cup are the ones to sign, last world cup, Suarez shone for Uruguay, Muller for Germany...

Depay is only 20, that was a great run to score that goal, he should be a top priority.

• Advertisement

Would like to see him at United. Exciting player.

Depay, Sanchez and Vidal would be a good summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Some nice flashes from him and he had a great effort tipped over just before the first goal. Talk of us and Tottenham being interested in him, I don't know much about him but if he's worth signing. As his international manager, you'd hope LVG would have first dibs on him

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

I don't think any realistic Utd fan expects us to be challenging for the title next year but with LVG running the show, Champions League top 4 is most certainly a very realistic and attainable goal. The man is a cultured manager who knows how to get the job done. Roll on next season. As long as Woodward can do his part, we should be fine. Let's hope to fcuk the club give LVG the proper backing and support to sign the players he needs. They have been claiming we have buckets of cash to spend on reinforcements. Let's see them put their money where there mouth is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

RobertKK wrote: »
    Yes, players that impress at the world cup are the ones to sign, last world cup, Suarez shone for Uruguay, Muller for Germany...

Depay is only 20, that was a great run to score that goal, he should be a top priority.

It doesn't always work like that! Diouf had a good WC in 2002 and look how he turned out!

Depay does look good alright though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

I'm not convinced by Sanchez at all. He reminds me of Nani actually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

@LiveMufcNews: Robben: "The manager has made me an offer to go with him to England next season. I will consider it after the World Cup." #MUFC

• Advertisement

yermandan wrote: »
    @LiveMufcNews: Robben: "The manager has made me an offer to go with him to England next season. I will consider it after the World Cup." #MUFC

oh my ****ing god.

If that tweet is a lie, I will hunt you down yermandan

Van Gaal's presser is music to my ears as a Utd fan. Can't wait. Check out Miguel Delaney on Twitter for deets

Headshot wrote: »
    oh my ****ing god.

If that tweet is a lie, I will hunt you down yermandan

B0llox, seems it's fake. Sorry man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Mata's goal . Lovely touch and nice finish.
    http://gfycat.com/ConcernedDistortedGhostshrimp

B0llox, seems it's fake. Sorry man

Run, just run.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

If your lien..............

That gif of the south park guy at the computer!!!!

Really sorry dudes, I'm not normally easily duped like that but there's a special corner of hell for kuntz like that who make up fake quotes and tweet them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

How trustworthy is any twitter page?

Brilliant press conference from the man there

That game shows how he can just adapt his tactics seamlessly to fit the players at his disposal

Sampaoli (Chile coach): "We wanted to play and they didn't."

Van Gaal: "I'm not interested in what the coach of Chile says."

Van Gaal: "If I played 4-3-3 against Chile, Robben would have had to run after them. They can't do that for 90 minutes. You just have to play according to your strengths... it's all about winning. I'll pick a system that helps me win."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

@MiguelDelaney: Journalist asks Van Gaal about defensive football. Van Gaal responds: "You tell me your definition of attacking, since it's such a clever Q"

I cannot wait for this man!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Brilliant press conference from the man there

That game shows how he can just adapt his tactics seamlessly to fit the players at his disposal

Sampaoli (Chile coach): "We wanted to play and they didn't."

Van Gaal: "I'm not interested in what the coach of Chile says."

Van Gaal: "If I played 4-3-3 against Chile, Robben would have had to run after them. They can't do that for 90 minutes. You just have to play according to your strengths... it's all about winning. I'll pick a system that helps me win."

:p Love it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

LVG v Mourinho should be brilliant next season, with some of the shyte TSO comes out with at times.

I hate that dismissing of defensive tactics in general. If you play a game and fairly come out on top its the right tactic. Always hated in the PL. Managers like I think it was Martinez at Wigan who would go out and attack a top side, get leathered and get praised for trying to play attacking football. But managers who would set up to defend and grind a result out (that they probably didn't expect) would get slated for "Anti-football" and the lark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

I hate that dismissing of defensive tactics in general. If you play a game and fairly come out on top its the right tactic. Always hated in the PL. Managers like I think it was Martinez at Wigan who would go out and attack a top side, get leathered and get praised for trying to play attacking football. But managers who would set up to defend and grind a result out (that they probably didn't expect) would get slated for "Anti-football" and the lark.

It's the English mentality. Football should be played fast, direct and always played forward. It's the same reason their national team is outsmarted in every major tournament.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement