Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Notes in OP,22/7

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Howard should be put in the gallows

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Corvo wrote: »
    Cadenza Ser reporting Herrera deal to be made public in the coming hours - €36m

So they're going to make an official announcement at 3am?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

thelad95 wrote: »
    So they're going to make an official announcement at 3am?

I suppose they mean rumours will leak more consistently. Maybe they meant the next few days, which would make more sense

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Porto Herrera?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭xtal191

Porto Herrera?

Bilbao

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,611 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Sign all the Herrera's!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

I'll give someone a fiver if they can make some kind of super virus bomb that blows Twitter to f*cking bits... or bytes or whatever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

any of you nervous about herrera?? i just wanna forget moyes reign and herrera was a player he targeted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

AS In Spain are also reporting that the Herrera deal is done.

Will be interesting to see if this actually happens as the more reliable British press hadn't got a sniff of this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

any of you nervous about herrera?? i just wanna forget moyes reign and herrera was a player he targeted

Moyes would make one hell of a scout tbh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Ander Herrera for €32m - no thank you, not even close to the Spanish squad so why would we spend that much money on him
    We could get some Oranje men for less

Think there was rumour of hector herrara and united about 18 months ago, but nothing happened

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

brinty wrote: »
    Ander Herrera for €32m - no thank you, not even close to the Spanish squad so why would we spend that much money on him

What a bizarre way to judge a player...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

glued wrote: »
    What a bizarre way to judge a player...

true tbf

but cesc, a proven talent in the epl and la liga, cost Chelsea a similar price
    daley blind could be bought for 1/2 that price and he's starting for Holland..

there' better options available than €32m on a 24 who's not playing for his national team..and not even close to said team..

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭jebus84

brinty wrote: »
    We could get some Oranje men for less

Think there was rumour of hector herrara and united about 18 months ago, but nothing happened

That Spanish midfield is very good in fairness,mata just barley got in.he'll bring energy and can play a pass,lets see what a coach like lvg does with him before we judge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Virtually every source available in Spain are running with this story now,must have some kind of substance.....A box to box midfielder,ah the good old days when we had one.Be nice to have some of that again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

Looks like this one may be on alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

zerks wrote: »
    Virtually every source available in Spain are running with this story now,must have some kind of substance.....A box to box midfielder,ah the good old days when we had one.Be nice to have some of that again.

until i see herrera play a game im not buying it the farse of last year is still in my mind

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭n32

Hector Herrera or Ander Herrera?

NTMK wrote: »
    until i see herrera play a game im not buying it the farse of last year is still in my mind

This year we don't have somebody who scouts players almost too much and forgets that at some point he'd have to actually sign them.Moyes was like a woman in a clothes shop and we were like the poor husband having to look on as every option was gone through and then the shop was left with nothing bought.

• Advertisement

Looks like this deal will be done asap as Herrera's release clause goes up on 30th of June,we don't want a repeat of the Fellaini farce.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

n32 wrote: »
    Hector Herrera or Ander Herrera?

Ander

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,385 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Overpaying to the extreme if those numbers are true. I heard he was good this season though, not seen much of him though and a midfield signing is music to my ears.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

He had a fantastic 2nd half of the season after being frozen out at the start. He's a very good player. But the worry with him is whether he can adapt to the Premier League. I would be confident of our manager getting the best out of him though (Jaysus it feels nice to be able to say that again).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I hope it comes off, he could be a star under Van Gaal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,976 ✭✭✭billyhead

If hes that good how come he wasn't even considered for the Spanish world cup squad. Is this not overpaying to the extreme? And as we know with Diego Costa average players can look good in that league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Get that money and get some more monies and throw it at Koke. Sound.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Over €30 million for him is over paying way too much !! Nearly 60million on fellaini and herrara is a joke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Has everyone forgotten about the United tax lads? It's been around a long long time and is showing no signs of going away,

Sometimes this place drives ya mad, no signings so everyone complains, make signings (appearantly) everyone complains!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

Don't care if the fee is a bit over the top. It's a player. A footballer. One that plays midfield!!!
    Praise Eric!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Its not my money and it's not like United are strapped for cash.

I'm waiting on the 'United pulled interest' line to come out now.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I read Anders Herrera buyout clause goes to €42 million next month.

Why didnt they sign him last year then?
    Why now, when his value goes up and Bilbao can demand more as they are in champions league?
    I dont rate him too highly for that price. Was of the same opinion as Fellaini.

Memphis Depay looks to be a future star and could be got at under that price id say.(not a central midfielder i know but im just saying!)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Marca in Spain claiming that United will pay Herrera €3 million a season, he is already in England and has signed a 4 year deal.

Mark Ogden says

Mark Ogden ‏@MOgdenTelegraph 8h

And not sure about Ander Herrera to United stories in Spain. He had been firmly ruled out by United, so any new interest would be a surprise

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

The reality is very club will know we are desperate and are going to take advantage of the situation. So I don't care if we pay a few million more for a player once he comes in...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

billyhead wrote: »
    If hes that good how come he wasn't even considered for the Spanish world cup squad. Is this not overpaying to the extreme? And as we know with Diego Costa average players can look good in that league.

Costa is average??? Wait till he is fully fit before coming to that statement tbf

I think we may have to overpay by a few million on players this Summer when we don;t have CL football to offer. If he someone that LVG wants then I can't wait to see how he does. Surprised if a signing is made official before the end of the WC though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Mr_Red

Due to the fact we need to replace half the team we are going to be paying extortionate prices for players.

Prices will only come down when we are only looking to buy a single player over the next transfer windows.
    Players need to WANT to join untied and when LVG steady's the Ship the pedigree of players will improve

Why didnt they sign him last year then?
    Why now, when his value goes up and Bilbao can demand more as they are in champions league?

I would say its a combination of Woodward trying to play hard ball and Moyes not sure if Herrera was the statement signing he wanted to make, when Fab clearly was pimping himself out to the club.

Moyes dithering backfired and he ended up signing Fellaini with 15 mins to spare before the end of business and the rest is history as they say. By the time Mata signed the damage was done.

I just dont believe LVG would want to spend 36million on this guy.
    Rakitic is going to barca for 20million.

Im usually not bothered by price tag or how much is spent but this fee being talked about for a player who had 1 good season 2 years ago. But couldnt make the starting team for half the year last year.
    Schweinsteiger could be got for half that and would improve the team much better. Herrara is young yes but this could be Anderson mark 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,372 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I just dont believe LVG would want to spend 36million on this guy.
    Rakitic is going to barca for 20million.

Im usually not bothered by price tag or how much is spent but this fee being talked about for a player who had 1 good season 2 years ago. But couldnt make the starting team for half the year last year.
    Schweinsteiger could be got for half that and would improve the team much better. Herrara is young yes but this is Anderson mark 2.

I don't think LVG will give a sh1t what the guy costs. From what I have read of him, he will have presented his list of targets and it is up to the club to decide if what is worth paying in terms of transfer and contract. The player is either signed and available to LVG or not, he is not the club accountant.

That said, I'll believe this deal when I see it confirmed on ManUtd.com; it will have come out of nowhere if we sign him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,976 ✭✭✭billyhead

Exactly. The lads unproven and a big risk for that sort of money which could be better spend elsewhere. This is madness spedning over 30 mil on him. Schweinsteiger is prven quality and although a lot older would be a solid aquisition for a few years and sort out some of our midfield problems. This guy could end up as a sqaud player when we have enough of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

I wouldn't pay much attention to the English media on this. I think Woodward has learned his lesson on briefing the media.

glued wrote: »
    I wouldn't pay much attention to the English media on this. I think Woodward has learned his lesson on briefing the media.

Its actually alot of reports coming from Spain about this. Its gathering pace alright. Out of all roumours this summer, im starting to take heed of this one in particular(just a hunch).

Whilst I hear people and their concerns over the fee being high (presuming this is all more than just Marca rumours and actually a real deal) I honestly am happy as fcuk. An actual Central midfielder could be signing for United and this can only improve the squad. I can wait till next year when we have CL football back before worrying about fees and what not.

Everyone knows we have deficiencies in the squad and everyone knows we have money, without the allure of CL to offer. So a premium has to be paid.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I would be stupid happy if United made some signings that the English press hadn't a clue about. It will make the summer a lot more interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

DM-ICE wrote: »
    I would be stupid happy if United made some signings that the English press hadn't a clue about. It will make the summer a lot more interesting.

Imagine LVG being officially unveiled and then announcing a couple of signings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Lee Clayton of the Dail Mail has just tweeted that Herrera will sign today for 26m will be a story on the website soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Can we all calm down a second? This is Marca we're talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

It'd be no harm to put a few of them back in their box alright with a few out of left field. With the way they go on they act like they're the United press office...you'd be watching the Sunday Supplement there of a Sunday morning and you'd just want to smack half of them with their smug know it all demeanour.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Agreed 100%.

There was a change a few weeks back; strikes me when LVG signed on, the daily briefings stopped and the vast array of names linked shows the journalists are back to struggling to know whats happening. Moyes seemed to be telling the journalists everything and delivering nothing, and now LVG looks to be telling them nothing and possibly delivering:P!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement