Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Notes in OP,22/7

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Can we all calm down a second? This is Marca we're talking about.

Its not just Marca, its all media outlets in Spain, including the local Bilbao radio station and newspaper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Its not just Marca, its all media outlets in Spain, including the local Bilbao radio station and newspaper.

Don't do this to me mark! Don't do this!

Have we got an origin on the story? I see things from Ireland, and when Marca and the Daily Fail are reporting a transfer story, you have to assume it's total bullshít.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,372 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Can we all calm down a second? This is Marca we're talking about.

No, it is not.

It is a pretty high number of spanish papers/sites. A few basque and a few of the more known ones (AS and Marca).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

Seriously doubt it, LVG is still busy at the World cup, he hasn't been back in Manchester to analysis what we need.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Guillem Balague ‏@GuillemBalague 2m
    Manchester United will pay the 36m buy out clause of Ander Herrera (1st July he would have cost 40m). 2nd time round, Utd will get his man

Deal is off.

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Agreed 100%.

There was a change a few weeks back; strikes me when LVG signed on, the daily briefings stopped and the vast array of names linked shows the journalists are back to struggling to know whats happening. Moyes seemed to be telling the journalists everything and delivering nothing, and now LVG looks to be telling them nothing and possibly delivering:P!

It was woodward doing the talking previously, not Moyes. Seemingly he isn't talking anymore, or the Herrera stuff isn't true.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Leftist

don't think any of the spanish papers are worthwhile tbh. marca, as, the other one, sport something, they almost make the likes of the sun/mirror look dignified.

we're in the middle of a world cup, there's no way any deals are happening now, take everything as bull**** until it's over.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

It was woodward doing the talking previously, not Moyes. Seemingly he isn't talking anymore, or the Herrera stuff isn't true.

So what changed?

Strikes me Woodward was doing it with the blessing of Moyes, and when LVG came in, that changed. Implies to me that it's LVG who made the call and told Woodward to shut the **** up...

And I don't mean about Herrera, but in general. The club has gone very quiet since LVG joined.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Seriously doubt it, LVG is still busy at the World cup, he hasn't been back in Manchester to analysis what we need.

when-questioned-about-man-utd-louis-van-gaal-replied-saying-its-a-stupid-question.jpg

Lord TSC wrote: »
    So what changed?

Strikes me Woodward was doing it with the blessing of Moyes, and when LVG came in, that changed. Implies to me that it's LVG who made the call and told Woodward to shut the **** up...

And I don't mean about Herrera, but in general. The club has gone very quiet since LVG joined.

Maybe LVG told him to shut the f'up. Maybe the Glazers did - citing that he can't go flapping his gums every time we get close to a player, as we look like mugs when we don't pull it off (Thiago, Fabregas, Herrera, Kroos).

I agree, the club has gone very quiet since LVG arrived, but I don't put it down to Moyes being the one who was talking previously. The club were still briefing away re. Kroos and Shaw after sacking Moyes.

• Advertisement

Don't do this to me mark! Don't do this!

Have we got an origin on the story? I see things from Ireland, and when Marca and the Daily Fail are reporting a transfer story, you have to assume it's total bullshít.

yeah was on twitter late last night and a journalist from the Bilbao Radio station Cadena Ser broke the story, gathered pace then quickly after that and AS/Marca and the Bilbao newpaper had the story, looks like English media jumping on it not this morning! Might not happen but very unusual for so many outlets to break the same news fairly quickly so must be something to it so fingers crosses! FWIW i think its an excelent signing, watch a fair bit of Spanish football and he has been excellent since the winter break, would be excellent with a Schweinsteiger/De Jong type next to him

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭fitzer1982

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

A lot of English sports journos reporting it now too.

Sky Sports reporting that Utd are in advanced talks with Herrera.

Whether its true or not the story is certainly picking up pace big time.

Edit: BBC now reporting hes close to being signed!

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭royster999

Has any team got more scorers than Utd at the WC ?
    RVP, Fellaini, Mata, Rooney, Nani and Hernandez have all scored.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭linebacker52

Sky sports news reporting united in advanced talks with athletic bilbao over move for midfielder ander herrera.

Right lads, send in the three lawyers.

article-2411011-1B990067000005DC-758_634x556.jpg

BBc and Sky Sports now reporting the news so we can safely say it is true IMO

BBc and Sky Sports now reporting the news so we can safely say it is true IMO
    Keep up!:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

For once we seem to be doing a Chelsea and the move seems nearly agreed before the circus hits town.

I suppose it helps Herrera is not away on WC duty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

OHHHHH ANDER HERR-ER-A! OHHHHH ANDER HERR-ER-A!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

royster999 wrote: »
    Has any team got more scorers than Utd at the WC ?
    RVP, Fellaini, Mata, Rooney, Nani and Hernandez have all scored.

No. We have the most scorers so far.

If this Herrera deal is true I am very happy with the apparent swiftness of the deal.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Maybe LVG told him to shut the f'up. Maybe the Glazers did - citing that he can't go flapping his gums every time we get close to a player, as we look like mugs when we don't pull it off (Thiago, Fabregas, Herrera, Kroos).

I agree, the club has gone very quiet since LVG arrived, but I don't put it down to Moyes being the one who was talking previously. The club were still briefing away re. Kroos and Shaw after sacking Moyes.

I'm not saying it was Moyes doing the talking, just that he was obviously happy enough to let it go. (Though he did comment on players often enough as well....)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Wiki move fast lads!!

adox wrote: »
    Keep up!:P

Whatever

haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

I just gave him a heads up there on Twitter.
    Seán Kennedy ‏@ThatSeanKennedy 17s
    You'll have to fight to get into our midfield Mr.@anderherrera8. You''ll have stiff competition in Tom Cleverley and Michael Carrick. #MUFC

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I've been saving myself lads...

We are not signing Ander Herrera.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Wait a minute. So now we can sign players even though LVG is at the world cup? I thought that was impossible?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I dont care about he money, I just dont rate him

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Headshot wrote: »
    I dont care about he money, I just dont rate him

If you dont rate him, you should care about how much is being spent so

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Wiki move fast lads!!

Amateur effort though, if you look under "Senior Career" it still has him at Bilbao.

Ive never seen him play.

Couple of negative responses already on here to his signing. Anyone excited about the prospect?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

I expect Woodward to come out with this Herrera with that big shit eating grin on his face.

herrera-2.gif.CROP.original-original.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

In all the confusion I missed the Mark Ogden tweet about Nani, and Inter Milan offering £12M for him. On the one hand I would love to see LVG work his magic on him, on the other hand thats decent money and could pay for most of Depay's transfer, for example.

Would much prefer Young to be the winner we get rid of this Summer and keep Nani but its tempting alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Ive never seen him play.

Couple of negative responses already on here to his signing. Anyone excited about the prospect?

I think he is the type of player we should be going for, we aren't going to compete for the established world class players so we need to identify and obtain these guys before they break out. Strootman is a classic example, we were linked to him for ages and the time to go for him was last summer before he really became a proven talent. Herrera could be another Strootman, so I don't mind us going for him.

Of course, the fee does seem excessive and can't be ignored.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭OdgeXD

In all the confusion I missed the Mark Ogden tweet about Nani, and Inter Milan offering £12M for him. On the one hand I would love to see LVG work his magic on him, on the other hand thats decent money and could pay for most of Depay's transfer, for example.

Would much prefer Young to be the winner we get rid of this Summer and keep Nani but its tempting alright.

£12M for Nani? Take bloody hand and all please. He really showed what he's all about against the USA. Nani never has been and never will be a good player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

:eek: We're going to sign someone :D

dink.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

My preference would be:

Keep Nani. Sell Young. Buy Depay.

Ive never seen him play.

I am def, have seen him many times last season and was excellent after the winter break, had a slow start but thats understandable after being messed around last summer. Was expected to be named in Spains 30 man squad but missed out in the end, would expect him in the squad from August. A good busy box to box player who is tough as well! Forget the money, we need players and can see LVG really bringing him on! Some people are never pleased :D

OdgeXD wrote: »
    £12M for Nani? Take bloody hand and all please. He really showed what he's all about against the USA. Nani never has been and never will be a good player.

You mean scoring a goal and hitting the post?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

v3ttel wrote: »
    My preference would be:

Keep Nani. Sell Young. Buy Depay.

Was just about to post that. Keep Nani and see if LVG can work his magic on him. Get rid of Young ASAP.

Ronaldo showed what he's all about as well. I'd say RM will release him after that performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I'm joining United,and I don't have to play for Moyes!!!

220431-ander-herrera-juan-mata-spain-august-2012.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

Ronaldo showed what he's all about as well. I'd say RM will release him after that performance.

Ronaldo was injured, and nowhere near as wasteful. Hardly an apt comparison, Nani was shockingly poor at times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Id love to see us sign Depay. Hope LVG has a good chat with him! Not seen much of him but he looks very promising.
    Strong,quick,can cross, can shoot and finish and only 20years old. 2 goals this worldcup without starting.

Sell nani and young and put abid in for this kid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Why would Young leave United when he is picking up over 100k a week here? Nobdy else is going to pay him that, he'll probably run down his contract and move for free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I doubt he is referring to that.

Maybe he means those three excellent crosses he delivered in the second half, the shot that just whizzed over the bar, or the fine save he brought from Howard.

Ronaldo was injured, and nowhere near as wasteful. Hardly an apt comparison, Nani was shockingly poor at times.

Of course it's apt. It's ridiculous to point to one game as a reason to get rid of a player. Especially a game where the entire team, including the 'Best Player in the World' seriously under performed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Rumours floating around that United have agreed a pre-contract deal with Perez from Benfica and he'll sign after the WC.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭OdgeXD

I mean constantly giving the ball away, barely working, blaming those around him for him being ****. Scoring an unmissable goal and having a trademark potshot is far outweighed by his negatives.

The guy with the Ronaldo comment..hush, you're just being silly.

£12M is an amazing offer.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement