Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Notes in OP,22/7

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

vizcaya-noticias-201203-01-media-ambosdos-300x180-264xXx80.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

Haven't seen much of Herrera to be honest, looked at his scout nation video there, his stats ain't great 2 goals and 3 assists in 30 odd games? Think that was from 12/13 season. Still he's bound to be better than anything we have at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

David @davidjaca · 1h
    Ander heading to Manchester now. Has just been saying his goodbyes to Athletic players.
    Ander, on Monday evening, personally called Athletic's President to inform him of his desire to leave.
    Indeed. Man United did this one differently, already called Athletic of their intention to pay money to. Handled correctly.
    United offered to pay €40m, what his clause rises to upon July 1. Thus, they avoid having to do the Bayern-Javi route.
    He's always wanted to go since interest emerged. That night at OT in the Europa League had a pretty huge impact on...
    many of Athletic's players. It's common knowledge amongst Basque journalists, this. Ander will be overjoyed it happens.
    I think he's an outstanding player, really one of La Liga's last remaining underrated Spanish gems. Adaptation should be...
    .pretty regular for him. His most underrated feature is tenacity, and aggression. Imagine this under LvG, very exciting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Now just to get Barkley signed up...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

nuxxx wrote: »

have we been linked to barkley?

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Delboy5

I saw on another united forum that the club is contacting people on the season ticket waiting list offering them the chance to buy a ticket with the line that they expect them to sell out next week due to new "siginings" arriving......

Probably just their standard sales pitch.........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

No thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

Are you upset that Buttner is saying nice things about his new club? Or that he isn't being effusive in his praise for the club that didn't ever give him any real gametime?

Upset is a strong word, I'd say I'm about a 2/10 on the rustled jimmies scale about the whole thing.

I'd rather he just said he's looking forward to playing for his new club and kept the silly dig to himself. Especially when last week he was crying about Van Gaal not giving him a chance and bragging about his 14 motm performances for the u21's.

• Advertisement

lol at the three tags for this thread....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    No thanks.

I know we haven't been properly linked with him but hes the best young midfielder England have produced in a long long time. He is absolute quality imo and very reminiscent of Rooney at this age. He'd be my dream signing this summer although there's no chance of it happening

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Delboy5 wrote: »
    I saw on another united forum that the club is contacting people on the season ticket waiting list offering them the chance to buy a ticket with the line that they expect them to sell out next week due to new "siginings" arriving......

Probably just their standard sales pitch.........

I got a text message from them last night about buying STs. I've never been on the waiting list, haven't bought a ticket since the last time I was over in 2011 and have never gotten a text message from the club before. I'd say sales are not going well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

Think we could do a lot worse than that Besic lad from Bosnia, could be got for under 10mill and would be a real addition to our midfield.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

I like that this Herrera deal has been done mostly under the radar, could it be that Woodward is actually learning from his mistakes? shock horror. Still got a way to go to convince most people but it's a good start. Makes you wonder who else we're getting on the QT!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

Myself and my cousin didn't renew the season tickets this season.

He's had 4 calls from the club and I've had none. So it's hard to know if they're scrambling to get sign ups or if the waiting list is having many people taking it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

I like that this Herrera deal has been done mostly under the radar, could it be that Woodward is actually learning from his mistakes? shock horror. Still got a way to go to convince most people but it's a good start. Makes you wonder who else we're getting on the QT!

Yep, they obviously kept this extremely quiet on this side, due to no murmurings from Daniel Taylor, Mark Ogden, James Ducker or Andy Mitten who would be the only four I would say are reliable.

However this was obviously not the case on the Spanish side, not that it would matter if it leaked that late as the fee had been agreed and the player had obviously set his heart on the move.

No surprise that this method of conducting the transfers has been in place since the arrival of Van Gaal.

Still expect the Shaw deal to be wrapped up soon, possibly a couple of days after tonight's England game. Would also expect another two after that, especially after Holland are knocked out / win it :) as going on previous form, Van Gaal likes to integrate a number of Dutch players into the side too - hopefully De Jong and Depay.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

With a bit of luck we can get the guts of 40-50m for Nani, Anderson, Cleverley, Buttner and Welbeck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

http://www.espnfc.com/blog/transfer-talk/79/post/1908047/hunter-herrera-the-right-man-for-united

Not usually a fan of Graham Hunter, but this piece is fantastic and very insightful as to what went on last summer with Herrera.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Delboy5

David May‏@DavidMay04
    Patient is a virtue all good thing to those who wait !! But you will be happy I promise !! Can't say anymore sorry :-((

bullvine wrote: »
    With a bit of luck we can get the guts of 40-50m for Nani, Anderson, Cleverley, Buttner and Welbeck!

nevermind getting money for them it would free up a lot of wages... but getting extra cash to spend would be nice ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

David May‏@DavidMay04
    Patient is a virtue all good thing to those who wait !! But you will be happy I promise !! Can't say anymore sorry :-((

Let me translate:
    I know nothing. There is, however, a huge rumour floating around regarding a player that I didn't break. I am sad and want you to continue listening to me. Take care and God bless. xox.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

http://www.flightradar24.com/51.5,-0.13/7

if you want to keep track of what planes are going into manchester.;);)

Munich -> Manchester

F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

David May‏@DavidMay04

Poor David May, just trying to stay relevant :pac:

David May‏@DavidMay04

May and Kew in cohoots!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

bullvine wrote: »

I'd like to see Welbeck kept for sure and see how Cleverley gets on as a backup this season under LvG before we think about selling him.

That Hunter article was a good read, some good insight in regards to contact with Moyes. Just goes to show even at the highest level, some journalists do have an inside track directly, which is mental.

Could never imagine Fergie getting a text, and texting back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,999 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

I know we haven't been properly linked with him but hes the best young midfielder England have produced in a long long time. He is absolute quality imo and very reminiscent of Rooney at this age. He'd be my dream signing this summer although there's no chance of it happening

Jack Wilshire is the best young midfielder Enlgand created in a long time and it's not even close. Barkley has had a decent season playing his football behind the striker where we don't need a signing. He has had two serious injuries and would cost a fortune. Money could be better spend then Barkley.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Ross Barkley is not worth the stupid money a club will want for him. let him sit at Everton and think about what he's done.

In the meantime we can start practicing our Dutch and Spanish

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Jack Wilshire is the best young midfielder Enlgand created in a long time and it's not even close.

I was about to disagree and then I realised there isn't anyone else really. England have big problems ahead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Ross Barkley is not worth the stupid money a club will want for him. let him sit at Everton and think about what he's done.

In the meantime we can start practicing our Dutch and Spanish

:D:D

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Jack Wilshire is the best young midfielder Enlgand created in a long time and it's not even close. Barkley has had a decent season playing his football behind the striker where we don't need a signing. He has had two serious injuries and would cost a fortune. Money could be better spend then Barkley.

a) England didnt create anything, Arsenal did.
    b) He is debatably the best young midfielder they have "ever created" in a "long time".

He has had flashes here and there, and unfortunately for him unless he sorts out his injuries he won't amount to anything bar being on a number of TV programmes that remenise on players that should have been great.

He's in serious danger of becoming obsolete and not reaching anywhere near his potential.

He's the United's Anderson is we are being honest here. And I'm not saying that for a laugh. When fit and firing both were extremely talented and effective, but just too many injuries and concerns meaning they were nothing more then a tease.

Just noticed I just, and seemingly always do, mention Wilshere in the past tense.

Bit rubbish of me , but subconsiously I'm probably already assuming he will amount to nothing of great note because of his injuries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Craig Norwood @CraigNorwood · 14m Waiting for Herrera > England Match.

:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Ben Fairthorne ‏@BFairthorne 32s
    Herrera's agent has come and and confirmed the Manchester United deal is "completed." Reported fee £28 million.

:D

Somewhat side issue and slightly off topic, but I know there was serious craic and eye rolling over the Toure birthday incident, remember that?

Well an article just surfaced with Toure quoted as saying his grief with the club was nothing to do with his birthday, that his angst was related to the club rejecting his request to go home to see his dying brother over attending the Abu Dabhi event. He says the club rejected this requiring his attendance as the owners were eager to meet him.

City are quickly out with a statement saying they received no request.

Something juicy boiling up accross the way in the blue half :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,929 ✭✭✭KH25

More transfers like this please. No messing around, just make the deal and report it when done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Ben Fairthorne ‏@BFairthorne 32s

:D

Where's that dancing Van Gaal gif? :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Yeah, lots of quotes from the agent doing the round now. Excite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

This guy better be good. :pac:

KH25 wrote: »
    More transfers like this please. No messing around, just make the deal and report it when done.

Make you wonder if maybe Woodward has the eye on the ball, and busting out a few things under the radar.

Be a pretty deft move if all the attention that was on Kroos and co. was a smoke tactic to get other **** done.

That's probably too Tom Clancy, but fair play anyway Ed, let's keep them coming!

Few places saying confirmation might come official after England match. Club cautious not to announce news in untimely fashion like Moyes exit etc. Interpretation making the announcement during England game would be bad form..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

All going well of course this certainly would make a welcome change. Too often we've seen our much publicised interest in players, dragging on and turning into a saga.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Kew was right!

Another source is saying the club are eagerly awaiting Futureguy to announce we are not singing Herrera, before the club announce the signing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Where's that dancing Van Gaal gif? :)

67756_lvgfyjt4.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

TheDoc wrote: »
    Another source is saying the club are eagerly awaiting Futureguy to announce we are not singing Herrera, before the club announce the signing

He's way ahead of you. Why do you think this deal moved so fast?
    FutureGuy wrote: »
    I've been saving myself lads...

We are not signing Ander Herrera.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

Kew was right!

Kew is always right!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Kew was right!

About what?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

£28m for a guy I've never seen and heard nothing about apart from one embarrassing episode last summer. He'd still have to burn down the training centre to be a worse signing than Fellaini.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

David May‏@DavidMay04
    David May not after realising yet that its already announced that MUTV going HD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

yy17OKJ.png

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement