Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Notes in OP,22/7

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

About what?

He was saying a while to be calm something would happen, he was awful cryptic about it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

United working hard to keep the Spanish players feel at home...
    Hopefully more Spanish speakers like Vidal join...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

About what?

The meaning of life

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

So that's 3 Spanish players you would expect to be in the first 11. How many have their been in the history of the club?
    Pique us the only other I can think of.

He was saying a while to be calm something would happen, he was awful cryptic about it :pac:

Bookmark this...
    United will sign another player this window.

#itk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

So that's 3 Spanish players you would expect to be in the first 11. How many have their been in the history of the club?

Now to fill out the rest of the first 11 with Dutch and German players. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

Ricardo -Reserve Goalkeeper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,133 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Zico wrote: »
    Ricardo -Reserve Goalkeeper

Think he was Portuguese!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Bookmark this...

#itk

United will not end the transfer window with the same squad that they currently have. ;)

Timmyctc wrote: »
    United will not end the transfer window with the same squad that they currently have. ;)

Even better again. Covers everything. Good man Timmy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

£28m for a guy I've never seen and heard nothing about

Its OK, there's probably a load of quality players you haven't heard about yet.

Its OK, there's probably a load of quality players you haven't heard about yet.

But I can't nitpick minor shortcomings if I haven't heard of them already.:mad:

I'm left to seethe watching ******** fawn over a guy they know nothing about.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Bookmark this...

#itk

TBH I knew about the Herrera deal but didn't say anything cause I didn't want to jinx it.

#SecretITK

But I can't nitpick minor shortcomings if I haven't heard of them already.:mad:

I'm not being a dick. There's lots of players I dont know about either. Herrera isn't one of them though, I think he's very good, been watching him since the Euro u21s a few years back.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,929 ✭✭✭KH25

TheDoc wrote: »
    Make you wonder if maybe Woodward has the eye on the ball, and busting out a few things under the radar.

Be a pretty deft move if all the attention that was on Kroos and co. was a smoke tactic to get other **** done.

That's probably too Tom Clancy, but fair play anyway Ed, let's keep them coming!

Few places saying confirmation might come official after England match. Club cautious not to announce news in untimely fashion like Moyes exit etc. Interpretation making the announcement during England game would be bad form..

I genuinely believe Kroos was a target for Moyes. So I wouldn't say he was a smokescreen, but I would say that this is encouraging from the club. Getting deals done without a drawn out saga. This is more like Manchester United.

I'm not being a dick. There's lots of players I dont know about either. Herrera isn't one of them though, I think he's very good, been watching him since the Euro u21s a few years back.

Fair enough then. Do you think he's worth £28m?

Bookmark this...

#itk

Jeez suck the fun right out of it!

Jeez suck the fun right out of it!

Don't mind if I do...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTak_XOMN4rFPjjEDBfZp-4CVJJWTB-Ldyctp09NGpjwCSfuYcNgA

Don't mind if I do...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTak_XOMN4rFPjjEDBfZp-4CVJJWTB-Ldyctp09NGpjwCSfuYcNgA

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Watching Phil Jones over the course of last season and in the England match today, if he played for anyone else, he'd be considered a comedy figure.

• Advertisement

Fair enough then. Do you think he's worth £28m?

Its probably about right imo. Maybe a bit too much but they wouldn't even negotiate for less than his release clause.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Kagawa

Happy about the deal for Herrera, was anyone else in for him this time? Can't remember if barca or real had any interest last summer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Mr_Red

Its probably about right imo. Maybe a bit too much but they wouldn't even negotiate for less than his release clause.

I think the price will even out if the wages
    £50,000 a week
    is true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,754 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

J. Marston wrote: »
    Watching Phil Jones over the course of last season and in the England match today, if he played for anyone else, he'd be considered a comedy figure.

He is a comedy figure to anyone who doesnt follow United. Have ya seen the mans face:eek:

Was Rooney booed by the English there?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

Speak for yourself there brah!

Before last summer most people probably wouldnt have watched much of Herrera, but since we very nearly signed him late last summer im guessing quite a few Utd fans will have tuned into at least some of the Athletic Bilbao matches to see what he was like.

Six more players to follow Herrera to United, says ITK via twitter, yes I am ITK to know one should not believe the ITK....

For fun...

Memphis Depay
    Luke Shaw
    Hector Moreno
    Daley Blind
    Thomas Vermaelen
    Nigel de Jong.

http://www.footballfancast.com/premiership/manchester-united/six-world-cup-stars-to-follow-herrera-to-man-united

No marquee signing in that list = it is not an ITK list but made up, but a marquee name would all have been part of a make up list....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Lads, Suarez and whatever he does is not on topic in the slightest, has nothing to do with Man United and, to be frank, the discussion will only derail the topic utterly.

I've already deleted three posts which didn't even vaguely try and link the incident to United, and I refuse to let yet another Liverpool debate break out in this topic.

There's a topic to discuss whats happening in the game. Use it, not this, to discuss Suarez if ye want.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,929 ✭✭✭KH25

Lets avoid the Suarez talk here lads. It'll make the thread a nicer place.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭umop.episdn

Apologies, post deleted

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭dor843088

He didnt put the nashers o someone again did he ?

dor843088 wrote: »
    He didnt put the nashers o someone again did he ?

Not in this thread he didn't.

But he did in the Italy/Uruguay thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

KH25 wrote: »
    Lets avoid the Suarez talk here lads. It'll make the thread a nicer place.

true, ill admit i posted about the incident when it happened on here and should have deleted it, it was going to create controversy and i should only worry about what our team are doing so apologies for that lads

So Herrera....... Sorry mods :(

Is herrera confirmed or what ?

• Advertisement

Not yet, a lot of talk though :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Herrera would never bite anyone.

He's a nice boy.

His agent said there is no going back this time, the deal is done.

Seems to have been efficient this time, no drama stories like last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

He's a nice boy.
    I had to google him to see what he looks like - I look about 12 for my age and he looks about 8 :pac:

RobertKK wrote: »
    His agent said there is no going back this time, the deal is done.

Seems to have been efficient this time, no drama stories like last year.

Frustration levels -20%.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 200 ✭✭kilrush

DDG
    Raphael Evans Jones Shaw
    Herrera Kagawa AN Other
    Mata
    Rooney RVP

Something like this next year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Mr_Red

He's a nice boy.

tumblr_n4v640sBos1sqwn9ro1_500.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

ShaneU wrote: »
    Dearer than Fabregas, mind boggling.

Maybe fabergas didn't want to join us?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

Think he was Portuguese!

Our one was Spanish... There was a Portuguese guy too, saved (with bare hands-legend) and scored peno v England in Euros,never played for united though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Im not happy with Herrera, im sorry to say I dont have much confidence in him. He will find it extremely hard in the PL too. I hope he proves me wrong but cant see it.

I do like that utd are taking the note out of the likes of R.Madrid and just use the buy it now and get it over with. None of that ****ing nonsense about negotiating. We the 2nd the richest club in the world, spend the cash. Dont be petty over 5-10m like we have done in previous years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Headshot wrote: »
    Im not happy with Herrera, im sorry to say I dont have much confidence in him. He will find it extremely hard in the PL too. I hope he proves me wrong but cant see it.

I do like that utd are taking the note out of the likes of R.Madrid and just use the buy it now and get it over with. None of that ****ing nonsense about negotiating. We the 2nd the richest club in the world, spend the cash. Dont be petty over 5-10m like we have done in previous years.

I'm not sure I like this attitude especially when it has created a market-place where David Luiz is worth 50 million. At this rate we may see the first billion pound transfer within the next decade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Headshot wrote: »

Good point that!

I'm glad to see that we are not penny pinching ala Ronaldinho where we could not cough over the 2-3 mil extra to sign him, if I remember correctly!!!

But yeah I agree, it also sends out a powerful message to other clubs in saying we mean business... Which we really do need to do after last summer!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

thelad95 wrote: »
    I'm not sure I like this attitude especially when it has created a market-place where David Luiz is worth 50 million. At this rate we may see the first billion pound transfer within the next decade.

But unfortunately that's the way it's gone! Luiz for 50mil, Rooney on 300k.... It's utter madness but we risk getting left behind if we don't throw down a marker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

But unfortunately that's the way it's gone! Luiz for 50mil, Rooney on 300k.... It's utter madness but we risk getting left behind if we don't throw down a marker

Prize money rises, television money rises - flipside is always going to be that player values and wages rises in tandem. Remember when people called the Zidane and Figo transfers outrageous money. Go back to the first 1m transfer and people said the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,385 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

United aren't paying Rooney near 300k

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement