Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Notes in OP,22/7

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Henderson has had one good season, still not good enough for United but let's see if his progress continues.

He will never be moving anyway so it's a stupid point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    He's an AM, LOL so he's better than Mata?
    What are you on ? He's a box to box midfielder and has improved massively over the last year or 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    He's better than anything united have there ATM. Has come on leaps and bounds. Wether that makes him good enough that he should be the level united look for is another story.

Agreed he was pants before, but this season he's come into his own. He was keeping Wilshere out of the England team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

bangkok wrote: »
    kagawa awful last night??

I didn't think so. Thought he did quite well for the majority of the game.
    Missed a great chance towards the end, though. A really great chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Here comes the my player is better than your player back and forths :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,999 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

He's an AM, LOL so he's better than Mata?

Your clearly talking through your hoop if your saying Henderson is an AM. The fact you think he is means you have no clue at all about if he is good enough for United.

• Lucas Hood wrote: »
    What are you on ? He's a box to box midfielder and has improved massively over the last year or 2.

So your saying he's both then? What are you on? He played a DM in the absence of Lucas. When both him and SG play he's an AM

Is he a DM or an AM? He's best attribute is his attack. I for one have stated many times that he has improved this year and especially when Gerard is not playing but he's not good enough for Man Utd.

We already have quality in the position with Mata / Kagawa and if Herrara comes through there's absolutely no need for him. The original post was pointless.

• Nuts102 wrote: »
    Your clearly talking through your hoop if your saying Henderson is an AM. The fact you think he is means you have no clue at all about if he is good enough for United.
    Above good lad

So your saying he's both then? What are you on? He played a DM in the absence of Lucas. When both him and SG play he's an AM

Is he a DM or an AM? He's best attribute is his attack. I for one have stated many times that he has improved this year and especially when Gerard is not playing but he's not good enough for Man Utd.

We already have quality in the position with Mata / Kagawa and if Herrara comes through there's absolutely no need for him. The original post was pointless.
    You haven't a clue pal I'm out.

• Advertisement

• Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Thank God

He isn't an AM that's for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Thank God

This is why we keep ya around Mick! Good for clearing out the thread :pac:

If I had to buy a midfielder from the PL for United it would not be Henderson. I would sooner have Matic, Yaya Toure, Fernadinho, or Ramsey.

I think the way Liverpool play suits Henderson, but as you can see from his two recent World Cup games, he's shíte.

Back to United,

Any news on Herrera? I would ask for any other deals but journalists haven't a notion!

RasTa wrote: »

Definitely not an attacking midfielder. If this was Football manager he'd be a CM!

Not a lot of England players can come out of that campaign with their head held high, so wouldn't necessarily blame Henderson for that.

• RasTa wrote: »
    So he's a CM that provides attacking qualities then?

• MagicIRL wrote: »
    This is why we keep ya around Mick! Good for clearing out the thread :pac:

If I had to buy a midfielder from the PL for United it would not be Henderson. I would sooner have Matic, Yaya Toure, Fernadinho, or Ramsey.

I think the way Liverpool play suits Henderson, but as you can see from his two recent World Cup games, he's shíte.

Back to United,

Any news on Herrera? I would ask for any other deals but journalists haven't a notion!

I do what I do :cool:

• Advertisement

So he's a CM that provides attacking qualities then?

Every CM is expected to do some attacking from time to time, doesn't make them an AM

Every CM is expected to do some attacking from time to time, doesn't make them an AM
    Same can be said for defending.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭POSSY

keane2097 wrote: »
    Gallas was worth more than that at the time, he was a beast for a while.

'Twas a joke given he turned into a bit of a header

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Same can be said for defending.

That was quick :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Can people not refrain themselves from commenting on players that they obviously have no clue about no?

Herrera is not an attacking midfielder in the sence that he doesn't play behind the striker or out on the wing like Mata or Kagawa. He is central midfielder who's primary role is retaining possesion and creating play from the middle for the forward players, so he would be ya know...the attacking part of the central midfield in beside somebody like Fletcher who would be a holding midfielder, should we explain what that is as well?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

A fit Walcott I'd definitely take, Cahill is an upgrade on what we have also. Dunno about Milner though, hardy worker and all but we have enough sub par wingers.
    Milner never was a winger tbh, he had his best season at Villa at cm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Henderson would provide the legs to allow Carrick to still be effective, he is in no way a cam. He's basically like a poor mans Vidal (not in the same class tho). Vidal would be the perfect player for utd. Henderson wouldn't be that level but he would improve the midfield. Doesn't meB he's better or as good as the likes of yaya, Ramsey etc. the statement wasn't that united should sign him but whether he would improve the midfield. I think it's very tough to argue he wouldn't tbh.

That was quick :D
    By out I meant out of the conversation. Why should I leave the thread of the team I support?

Irishcrx wrote: »
    Can people not refrain themselves from commenting on players that they obviously have no clue about no?

Herrera is not an attacking midfielder in the sence that he doesn't play behind the striker or out on the wing like Mata or Kagawa. He is central midfielder who's primary role is retaining possesion and creating play from the middle for the forward players, so he would be ya know...the attacking part of the central midfield in beside somebody like Fletcher who would be a holding midfielder, should we explain what that is as well?

He seems to do a decent amount of work off the ball from what I've seen of him. Himself and DeJong wouldn't be a glamorous pairing, but they'd certainly get the job done against most sides.

Irishcrx wrote: »

Herrera played as a number 10 quite often last season.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Soldie

I don't think Daley Blind is fast enough to play left-back, but he'd be a good addition to our midfield. Tenacious ball-winner and he's at a good age.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Herrera will give us that quick transition to attack we've been badly missing, no more Cleverley and Carrick taking an age letting the other team get back in shape then passing it out to the wing scuppering a counter attack hopefully

By out I meant out of the conversation. Why should I leave the thread of the team I support?

It's a joke Lucas :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Soldie wrote: »
    I don't think Daley Blind is fast enough to play left-back, but he'd be a good addition to our midfield. Tenacious ball-winner and he's at a good age.

He's a midfielder first and foremost. He just so happens to be able to cover LB.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Henderson would provide the legs to allow Carrick to still be effective, he is in no way a cam. He's basically like a poor mans Vidal (not in the same class tho). Vidal would be the perfect player for utd. Henderson wouldn't be that level but he would improve the midfield. Doesn't meB he's better or as good as the likes of yaya, Ramsey etc. the statement wasn't that united should sign him but whether he would improve the midfield. I think it's very tough to argue he wouldn't tbh.

Henderson is footballs own forrest gump - he'll run all day but is brainless. Unless there was a player beside him to tell him what to do then the games bypass him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Herrera played as a number 10 quite often last season.

I assure you he won't be playing there for Utd , Kagawa can play CM as well but it's not his best or natural position..

Herrera will give us that quick transition to attack we've been badly missing, no more Cleverley and Carrick taking an age letting the other team get back in shape then passing it out to the wing scuppering a counter attack hopefully

This

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Henderson is footballs own forrest gump - he'll run all day but is brainless. Unless there was a player beside him to tell him what to do then the games bypass him

I think that's a little harsh. He was excellent when Gerrard was out. His biggest weakness is that I think he lacks the confidence to take a game and dictate it and is happier in a back seat role.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Herrera news shortly, apparently. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Delboy5

Craig Norwood‏@CraigNorwood·;3 mins
    Ander Herrera news coming shortly.

Think this guy does alot of the club photography........

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Delboy5 wrote: »
    Craig Norwood‏@CraigNorwood·;3 mins
    Ander Herrera news coming shortly.

Think this guy does alot of the club photography........

I have a semi-erection.

• FutureGuy wrote: »
    I have a semi-erection.
    I want to thank this post but think it would be a bit weird given the circumstances :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Delboy5

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I have a semi-erection.

Dont think he does that type of photography.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,754 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I want to thank this post but think it would be a bit weird given the circumstances :pac:

I have no such hang ups :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I have a semi-erection.

10 mins to lift off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Craig Norwood‏@CraigNorwood·;1 mins
    The news is that the Herrera deal has been called off.

• TheTownie wrote: »
    10 mins to lift off.
    :pac::pac::pac:

Post of the day

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Craig Norwood ‏@CraigNorwood 42s
    Ander Herrera, agent and friends arrived into Stockport at 1:35pm BST. Clearly happy things are moving along. All en route to Carrington.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Yay
    Craig Norwood ‏@CraigNorwood 56s

Ander Herrera, agent and friends arrived into Stockport at 1:35pm BST. Clearly happy things are moving along. All en route to Carrington.

• Advertisement

• Craig Norwood‏@CraigNorwood·;1 mins
    The news is that the Herrera deal has been called off.
    Ehhh Dafuq ^^^

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Ehhh Dafuq ^^^

:P

What are they doing in Stockport?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Soldie

MagicIRL wrote: »
    He's a midfielder first and foremost. He just so happens to be able to cover LB.

Yep, just some people were calling for him over Shaw at left-back, presumably due to the likely fees involved. I don't think that's a good shout; I do think he could do a good job for us in midfield, however, as we don't have any ball-winners there. Blind, Herrera and someone else in a midfield three?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Like it M!Ck.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement