Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Notes in OP,22/7

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

RasTa wrote: »
    What are they doing in Stockport?

Craig Norwood ‏@CraigNorwood 1m
    Ander Herrera flew into Northolt via private plane yesterday, staying in London last night before routing up to Manchester today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Craig Norwood ‏@CraigNorwood 4m
    Herrera's agent very cautious to talk about the deal before official announcement but he did say "things are moving along well"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,754 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Lick it M!Ck.

FYP :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

He must be on the train so, get him into the chopper!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Soldie

He must be on the train so, get him into the chopper!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

What are they doing in Stockport?

Stockport County @SCFCmedia 1m
    Stockport County are delighted to announce the signing of Ander Herrera Aguera from Athletic Bilbao, subject to a medical. Please welcome our new player!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Ander Herrera, agent and friends arrived into Stockport at 1:35pm BST

He's joining Man City? :pac:

• FutureGuy wrote: »
    Like it M!Ck.
    LOL forceful but ok I will ;)

All in the name of potential transfers, don't let me down now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Couple of transfers happening and you guys are nearly starting orgies!!!

.....into the pile :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Craig Norwood‏@CraigNorwood·;1 mins
    The news is that the Herrera deal has been called off.
    v3ttel wrote: »
    He's joining Man City? :pac:

32086_careful-now-o.gif

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Rob Dawson ‏@RobDawsonMEN 9m

Ander Herrera is at Carrington. Would think it's only a matter of time before it's announced.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Rob Dawson ‏@RobDawsonMEN 9m

Ander Herrera is at Carrington. Would think it's only a matter of time before it's announced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

While we wait for Ander...

This is simply brilliant. http://hackertyper.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Rob Dawson ‏@RobDawsonMEN 11m

Still can't believe we are signing a proper CM..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Jesus Christ. A midfield player doing a medical at Utd before August 31st?
    Am I dreaming??????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Time to get out the white sheet.

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Time to get out the white sheet.

Jaysus no need for the KKK :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Nice to see finally some transfer business done even if you agree with it or not.

Plenty more please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Headshot wrote: »
    Nice to see finally some transfer business done even if you agree with it or not.

Plenty more please

I think you're the only poster who doesn't agree with it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Headshot wrote: »

Plenty more please

Whats best about it is it came out of nowhere, if you had said it to me last week that we still wanted Herrera I'd have laughed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

This is going to be the start of a terrific summer of transfer activity.

Best is yet to come.

Shaw for 35mil is bit meh though, but I will remain calm and composed.

A bite at the club free zone

Best is yet to come.

Wait until the world cup ends and the Dutch squad players start to sign ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Herrera whoa - Herrera whoa - he saw the scottish dunce and said he'd wait 12 months!! :cool::P

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Wait until the world cup ends and the Dutch squad players start to sign ;)

Fancy 2-3 to come along the LVG motorway baby:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Midfield of Herrera, Sneijder and Khedira with Mata and Rooney just ahead. Who needs wingers, when you have quality wingbacks in Shaw and Rafael (if he rediscovers his form). Calling it now

Warning, I may be delusional . . . .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Just to clarify my point from earlier and tease it out a little.

While I apprecaite some people indicating X player "could" have done well for us, in most all of these cases, and the cases you see now at present, are players being labelled " world class" and other labels, along with the asumption they will turn into tremendous players that will save England and help them win the world cup, along with unpreceidented premier league success and CL success.

There has been really nothing since Rooney, that has even come close to achieving their potential that was heralded when they first arrived.

So this isn't a debate about really, what player would "fit in" to our system. In reality, we had a pretty poor season. Any run of the mill season, Henderson wouldn't be good enough. Sturridge wouldnt be good enough ( squanded plenty of chances for England this tournament), Cahill wouldn't be good enough.

Smalling was not so long ago heralded as the best CB in England at FUlham, and he has barely looked like he deserves to be in the squads.

Jones was being lauded as what will be the best player the club will ever have, and he's stuttered and stumbled his way around.

Wellbeck was being proclaimed as the new wave of English striker, fast, strong, ruthless. He's been pretty abject.

When ever we get involved with an English player, I get nervous, because the most likely outcome, is that said player will be nothing more then a squad player, failing to really live up to any of their hype and expectation.

Think about it long and hard, work your way through the squad.

Wayne Rooney is the last player that came with the hype, that somewhat lived up to it.

This wasnt and isnt a bait for rival fans, simply put it's what I consider pretty clear cut evidence from history, that English players rarely if ever, live up to the hype that bills them.

Best is yet to come.

I think Herrera and Shaw will be the big purchases this summer. A CB will be signed as well but not for huge money.

the more I think about De Jong the more Id like to see him sign. He`d be ideal to give our "new" back four a bit of cover and also a great foil for the likes of Herrera.

adox wrote: »
    I think Herrera and Shaw will be the big purchases this summer. A CB will be signed as well but not for huge money.

the more I think about De Jong the more Id like to see him sign. He`d be ideal to give our "new" back four a bit of cover and also a great foil for the likes of Herrera.

I think we will sign a decent winger, maybe 2, and I think another CM of good quality will be bought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

I'd also be happy with De Jong, he's a bit of a brute, but we've been missing that for a while.

A midfield three of

.............De Jong.............

Herrera.................Strootman

Would be ace.

Strootman is definitely going to be on the cards come January. The Tulip loves him.

I think we will sign a decent winger, maybe 2, and I think another CM of good quality will be bought.

Hummels, Strootman, Depay, Blind?

• Advertisement

Spanish radio station El Correo are now saying the Bilbao are scared that utd are going to take Muniain off them as well this summer, would be a top signing also however dont know his buy out, prob rubbish but interesting anyhow

Can't shake an image of Kew heading a room of all of us saying how things are grand, relax, didn't I tell you, it'll be fine, hushhh, shhhh, its ok....

And because I've met none of you, this image is very much comprised of avatars.

Ergo a southpark character telling Soundwave and Arsene Wenger giving a cheeky finger , "bitch be cool"

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Hummels, Strootman, Depay, Blind?

I have feeling one of Depay or Strootman might come on board.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

I have feeling one of Depay or Strootman might come on board.

You teasing us again Kew? :P

You teasing us again Kew? :P

no, but I do reckon we will see few Dutch players.

reckon 1 maybe 2. hopefully 2 good ones.

Strootman rumblings are going around though, but not sure if this is true or just people getting excited:)

Strootman rumblings are going around though, but not sure if this is true or just people getting excited:)

This wont happen this summer anyway, would be crazy to pay circa 30m for a player who is out with a ruptured cruciate, too big a gamble, january or next summer if at all IMO

This wont happen this summer anyway, would be crazy to pay circa 30m for a player who is out with a ruptured cruciate, too big a gamble, january or next summer if at all IMO

ya maybe. im little surprised how much it seems to crop up unless of course its true and we are interested(which we might well be)

ya maybe. im little surprised how much it seems to crop up unless of course its true and we are interested(which we might well be)

It keeps cropping up because I recall LvG said he really likes Strootman, or something along those lines, and bam! Internet meltdown.

Strootman, Depay, Blind, De Jong, Hummels and Shaw are the latest in the pot and the six I think we're looking like signing before the window ends. Whether we'll sign them all, I doubt it, but two or three from that bunch would be lovely.

Oh absolutely wasnt disputing the link at all and he is the one consistent name that is linked, could see the sense in signing someone like De Jong for 5-6 mish and waiting to see how Strootman recovers in the autumn. Crazy to sign him now not knowing how the knee will react, especially for an explosive midfield player, he may not be the same again (not trying to be over dramatic)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,999 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

TheDoc wrote: »
    Just to clarify my point from earlier and tease it out a little.

While I apprecaite some people indicating X player "could" have done well for us, in most all of these cases, and the cases you see now at present, are players being labelled " world class" and other labels, along with the asumption they will turn into tremendous players that will save England and help them win the world cup, along with unpreceidented premier league success and CL success.

There has been really nothing since Rooney, that has even come close to achieving their potential that was heralded when they first arrived.

So this isn't a debate about really, what player would "fit in" to our system. In reality, we had a pretty poor season. Any run of the mill season, Henderson wouldn't be good enough. Sturridge wouldnt be good enough ( squanded plenty of chances for England this tournament), Cahill wouldn't be good enough.

Smalling was not so long ago heralded as the best CB in England at FUlham, and he has barely looked like he deserves to be in the squads.

Jones was being lauded as what will be the best player the club will ever have, and he's stuttered and stumbled his way around.

Wellbeck was being proclaimed as the new wave of English striker, fast, strong, ruthless. He's been pretty abject.

When ever we get involved with an English player, I get nervous, because the most likely outcome, is that said player will be nothing more then a squad player, failing to really live up to any of their hype and expectation.

Think about it long and hard, work your way through the squad.

Wayne Rooney is the last player that came with the hype, that somewhat lived up to it.

This wasnt and isnt a bait for rival fans, simply put it's what I consider pretty clear cut evidence from history, that English players rarely if ever, live up to the hype that bills them.

Smalling was not even a regular for Fulham nevermind being heralded as the best cb in England.

• Advertisement

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Smalling was not even a regular for Fulham nevermind being heralded as the best cb in England.

He was widely regarded as England's future CB and captain, having forged an impressive partnership for the u21 national side with Jones.

He was being gently broken into Fulhams first team, but I can assure you, as someone who actually has a fond interest in seeing UK pundits, journalists and oaches big up the next big thing to see them fall by the wayside, Smalling was being touted as a first choice CB for the next decade.

Now he's looking at questions of his inclusion in squads : /

Oh absolutely wasnt disputing the link at all and he is the one consistent name that is linked, could see the sense in signing someone like De Jong for 5-6 mish and waiting to see how Strootman recovers in the autumn. Crazy to sign him now not knowing how the knee will react, especially for an explosive midfield player, he may not be the same again (not trying to be over dramatic)

The reason Strootman keeps popping up is because Fergie had him lined up, and then Moyes backed off to view him for another season to ensure he wasn't a flash in the pan. Then he moved to Roma :(

Under age captain, removed Van Bommel from the national setup while being "gently" ushered in for PSV, got to the point the coach had to play him he was so damn controlling.

Was outragously impressive for Holland in their qualification campaign and unfortunately got injured.

Is most like the successor to Van Persie as captain of the national team, having captained his country through underage levels.

Part of a Roma midfield that absolutely set the league alight on that incredible run they hit.

I think his credentials are well beyond doubt at this stage. He is a powerful, commanding prescense in the midfield.

Simply will never forget Henry Winter watching an under 21 match and tweeting "I'm pretty sure I'm watching an Orange Roy Keane here". This isn't a guy flying under the radar.

His accoldates are well documented and his rise has been nothing shocking.

Should have come to us last sumemr for pennies considering what you would end up paying for him. There is a good arguement to buy him now from Roma, at a cut price because of his injury and most likely his willingness to join LVG. Roma was always a stop gap for him.

Waiting for him to regain fitness, and most likely take up where he left off, only ensures you end up paying €40m+ for him.

I'd be much more comfortable splashing cash on Strootman with the future in mind then Shaw. Strootman has extensive first team experience, integral part of his national teams setup since a kid, and european experience. Not to mention his first team experience for Holland.

If they won't give me Kroos, give me Strootman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Not sure if already posted but Bilbao are worried that Munian may follow Herrera to United: Doing the rounds in Spain.

I dont normally do the fantasy formation stuff, but this does look absolute stonkingly attractive.

And somewhat remembering that RVP tends to play out wide right or left of certain systems LVG deploys, with Sneijder in the middle. Interesting to see if Rooney gets the middle role with RVP out wider of him operating somewhat fluidly.

I'd really like to see more substance to the Hummels talk. Really nice player who I'm a big fan off.

http://lineupbuilder.com/2014/custom/?sk=3by9p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Always been a big fan of Muniain. Hasn't quite kicked on to the high expectations of him yet but he's still young and theres so much potential there.

zerks wrote: »
    Not sure if already posted but Bilbao are worried that Munian may follow Herrera to United: Doing the rounds in Spain.

He plays out wide doesn't he?

Iker Muniain (for those like me who have no idea who he is)

Where did this rumour start? And why would he follow Herrera? Are they best friends or something? Never heard us linked with him before.

Have seen very little but from what i have seen he would be a very exciting signing.

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Always been a big fan of Muniain. Hasn't quite kicked on to the high expectations of him yet but he's still young and theres so much potential there.

He's frequently mentioned on Spanish la liga podcasts as the "new wave of Spanish talent". His name came up A LOT in the last week along with Koke, Herrera, Carvahal, Jesse, Isco and others in terms of trying to reign in the "end of an era" stuff, in that Spain will be fine.

I've only seen him in the matches against us, and the odd outing in La Liga, but he does get a fair mention and held in somewhat high regard.

More importantly I like the quotes of "raid" and "raiding". I really like the imagine of Woodward stomping through clubs offices wielding an axe slaying staff, putting players into bags and over his shoulder. As feable players beg to come, him just kicking them in the stomach.

I think he's learning.

• Advertisement

TheDoc wrote: »
    He was widely regarded as England's future CB and captain, having forged an impressive partnership for the u21 national side with Jones.

He was being gently broken into Fulhams first team, but I can assure you, as someone who actually has a fond interest in seeing UK pundits, journalists and oaches big up the next big thing to see them fall by the wayside, Smalling was being touted as a first choice CB for the next decade.

Now he's looking at questions of his inclusion in squads : /

Your making no sense you said he was heralded as the best cb in England despite playing 13 games in two seasons at Fulham now he was being gently broke in. Which is it?

Now your talking about him being hyped up to be the next big thing which is a totally different thing. Every young player that looks good is the next superstar and how many succeed to that potential very very few.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement