Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Notes in OP,22/7

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

djPSB wrote: »
    Second sending off in the space of a few weeks.

FIFA really need to clamp down on this before someone gets badly hurt.

They should consider an International and Club ban.

dwQzV8.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Iñigo Markinez @imarkinez
    Google translated.

In brief three related news Ander Herrera and his signing with Manchester @ ManUtd

News 1: Ander Herrera deposited on Monday LFP document with 36 million euros to disengage from the Athletic

News 2: There are problems. The LFP is studying the document because there seems to be "a technical problem". Are studying.

News 3: If everything can be solved could be presented Friday at Manchester.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 john moloney

ah Valencia is harmless really

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

I expect Valencia is wary of players sliding in on him after this. If it's a choice between a broken ankle and a red card I know which one I'd choose.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

Bill and the lads think it was a fair challenge. After the replay, I agree. He tackles the ball.
    Still potentially dangerous.
    Yellow in my opinion.

Its the very definition of a reckless challenge, even though he only meant to tackle the ball, he had such little control of his feet from diving in like he did that he racked his studs all down the little frenchmans leg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,384 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Don't remember his break being as bad as that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

Fuhrer wrote: »
    Its the very definition of a reckless challenge, even though he only meant to tackle the ball, he had such little control of his feet from diving in like he did that he racked his studs all down the little frenchmans leg.

Bill and the lads think it was a fair challenge. Now don't be going against Bill and the lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

adox wrote: »
    Ah was a red all day long. The lads on rte are just taking bollix for the second night in a row.

Only the second?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Liam O wrote: »

Yeah same, strange one too as it looked pretty tame and his foot got stuck the wrong way and snap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

shrewdness wrote: »
    Only the second?

Ha. And I just realised I typed "taking bollix" :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Liam O wrote: »

You can't really believe video evidence these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Were AS the ones running with Herrera first? aren't they claiming Miranda to us too, wonder if theres anything happening there

Just seen this
    Devils of United ‏@DevilsOfUnited 23s
    Ladbrokes have suspended betting on Stefan De Vrij joining Manchester United, claiming that a deal has been agreed by Feyenoord. #MUFC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Wasnt the betting suspended on Shaw too and that went to ****e.....for the moment

Apparently theres a technical hitch in the Herrera deal, if all goes well he'll be announced Friday.

Panic starts in 3....2.....1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Apparently theres a technical hitch in the Herrera deal, if all goes well he'll be announced Friday.

orig-11170631jpg.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

358913bb1a5d40a33445fc1f9d2b89e9adbf326e0c46.gif

Posted it few mins ago..

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=91002665&postcount=2503

Just a small issue apparently..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,463 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Technically United cannot sign a decent midfield player. Painful stuff to be getting drip fed all day with nuggets of positivity only to be kicked in the balls right before bedtime; "sleep tight united fans, remember to dream mediocre midfield dreams".

Glazers Out!

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Posted it few mins ago..

I have total faith in Ed;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Posted it few mins ago..

Missed that, dya know who that lad is? Kinda sounds like the "hitch" that they hit last summer with the documents. Hopefully it's bùllshît and he is just looking to be ITK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Have to say I'm not overly excited by prospects of a large chunk of our transfer outlay going on a player who hasn't pulled up trees since we tried to panic buy him at end of Aug transfer window last year....where's the 'world class' players we should be in for?

Dunno about most people here but if our midfield was a trio of De Jong, Strootman and Herrera by January I'd be very happy indeed.

I have total faith in Ed;)

I would read Headshot and Mitch posts for a week if we end up messing this up :D

astradave wrote: »
    Missed that, dya know who that lad is? Kinda sounds like the "hitch" that they hit last summer with the documents. Hopefully it's bùllshît and he is just looking to be ITK.

No idea who he is and looks like he is the only person to tweet this news.

I would read Headshot and Mitch posts for a week if we end up messing this up :D

i would join them on this if honest.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Mr_Red

i would join them on this if honest.

Obviously everyone joins but I would say something and quit boards for a week.:pac:
    It's a joke, don't quote me and ask me to quit when Ed ****s it up

Mr_Red wrote: »

they were awful. I mean Ireland Euro 12 awful today.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭jebus84

did well against Argentina i thought

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭jebus84

did well against Argentina i thought

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 449 ✭✭SeanJ09

I'd say they are happy enough with the way their tournament went, given the level of football some of their footballers play at? Can't really compare them to Ireland.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Bilbao reject £29 mil Utd offer confirmed on their official site

http://bit.ly/1jlqkw6

"The Athletic Club wishes to report that this week rejected an offer from Manchester United FC, estimated at 36 million euros"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Agueroooo wrote: »
    Bilbao reject £29 mil Utd offer confirmed on their site?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,371 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Wonderful. Herrera deal falling apart. Wonderful.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Delboy5

We never do transfers the easy way, do we............

• Registered Users Posts: 5,929 ✭✭✭KH25

"The Athletic Club wishes to report that this week rejected an offer from Manchester United FC, estimated at 36 million euros"

So Hererra was never at Carrington....was he?

KH25 wrote: »
    So Hererra was never at Carrington....was he?

No blankets. No Hererra.

I'm also hearing Southampton/Koeman are fighting tooth and nail to hold onto Lallana & Shaw.

It may take transfer requests for them to leave which would be a toughy for the two of them, all considered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

Clubs can reject if there's buy out clause? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

chupacabra wrote: »

They're Athletic Bilbao, they do what they want.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭fitzer1982

They are rejecting it, they were never going to accept, we'll have to go the release clause route, I'm sure United are well aware of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Delboy5

Yeah wondering this myself, if United meet the buyout clause then surely Athletic cant reject it....

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭Cantstandsya

I think Liverpool more or less confirmed after Arsenal tried to get Suarez for 40 mil + 1 that there was indeed a buyout clause but they figured they would get away with blocking it, and they did.

I reckon Bilbao are using a similar gamble here, hoping the player (with his Basque loyalties) won't force the issue and they can hold out on the transfer long enough for his buyout clause to jump up in a week's time.

The rumoured buy-out clause? that sits alongside the rumour he was at Utd yesterday.

best thing to do now is whoever posted, tweeted this crap then unfollow.
    turn and negative into a positive and all that jazz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,371 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I read we offered the money direct to Bilbao as a 'normal' transfer, so it is possible that they have rejected that bid while SEPARATELY to this Herrera has done whatever bits he needs to do to activate his transfer release himself (notification and deposit of money with LFP, which is what has been reported) so that the everything that is being reported is true.

ie. it COULD be that they have rejected a bid that was made previously and that the release clause activation is still happening/in process and in effect nothing has actually changed.

I hope this is the case, anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I read we offered the money direct to Bilbao as a 'normal' transfer, so it is possible that they have rejected that bid while SEPARATELY to this Herrera has done whatever bits he needs to do to activate his transfer release himself (notification and deposit of money with LFP, which is what has been reported) so that the everything that is being reported is true.

ie. it COULD be that they have rejected a bid that was made previously and that the release clause activation is still happening/in process and in effect nothing has actually changed.

I hope this is the case, anyway.

Don't do it to yourself Mitch, you know this transfer is not going to happen now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

If the player is so keen to come he wont be long be throwing in a transfer request

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭fitzer1982

The rumoured buy-out clause? that sits alongside the rumour he was at Utd yesterday.

best thing to do now is whoever posted, tweeted this crap then unfollow.
    turn and negative into a positive and all that jazz.

All Spanish football contracts have buy out clauses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

I UNDERSTAND LITERALLY ZERO OF HOW FOOTBALLS TRANSFERS WORK.

The mind boggles, it really does.

#InFellainiWeTrust

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

It's really hard to know what's true and what's not in football these days. Until he's out there on the pitch it's never done and dusted.

Ah its a mind numbingly frustrating business at times.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Isn't this why Bayern agreed to pay Javi Martinez buy out clause becuase they were sick of all the games Bilbao were playing?

It seems to work for them and it looks like we're going to have to pay his buy out clause.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement