Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Notes in OP,22/7

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

This is all just political posturing from Bilbao, its what they do, they did it with Llorente for the last 6 months of his contract and they did it with Martinez transfer. Everyone is overreacting Id bet the deal will be done sooner rather than later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

lol its all very funny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    No idea.. Some Spanish journo I guess.

sports presenter/journalist for Cadena SER, the biggest radio station in spain i think

This is bilbao doing the we did what we could routine (they pulled the same with martinez)

You'll see when/if united anounce him they'll probably be a mention on uniteds/Bilbao's website that the release clause was met.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

So Athletic pretty much released this to say to Real Zaragoza go look to United for your money not us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,133 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

This doesn't reflect favourably on Woodward again. He really is under pressure now.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Too much logic for a football thread Giggsy. Get out.

Ok, back to work guys, let the panic resume.

Anchorman.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

This doesn't reflect favourably on Woodward again. He really is under pressure now.

It has **** all to do with Woodward. This is 100% Bilbao being bastards about the whole thing, not United.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Not as bad as that post reflects on you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

What are you talking about? What a nonsense conclusion.

• Advertisement

Im no fan of Woodwards but I think this is a bit harsh and wouldnt blame him for this, Bilbao are notorious for this kind of think. Bayern called the transfer of Martinez the most complicated transfer they had been involved in. They said they rejected a bid but didnt say when, given he was in Carrington yesterday i would still expect an announcment in the next day or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Someone is seriously playing with Athletic club twitter account.

Just 5 mins ago I checked their Favs, count was 6. Sport Witness account made a mention so I checked their favorites. They Favorited some HealeyLFC guys reply to their tweet saying "ha ha ha". Not they have removed it and the fav count is back to 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

For once i feel sorry for Ed. Seems as if Bilbao are hard to do business with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

Headshot wrote: »
    lol its all very funny

This is how I imagine you following all of this, going completely insane and laughing your head off :-)

evil-dead-2-crazy.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Folks its all politics and playing on media.
    Id safetly say the fee has being agreed, probably the release clause. And the player has agreed the move.
    Id also be confident hes been to manchester. This will be done by early next week.
    Bilbao dont wanna look like a club that sells their top players too easy.

This is not that they are bastards or **** move, they are just loving all this fun.

This was their favs few mins back, now they have removed it.

BrC6PtaCcAIrKgU.jpg

p.s It is not photoshopped, I checked it myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I think it is Bilbao being difficult, wouldn't blame them, he is a top player but I see no problems overall in this deal happening.
    The reported £55k wage for Herrera points to him paying something towards this transfer, he wants the move and united want him, it will happen, might cost a little more than planned but I think it will be worth all the hassle.

Full year chasing a player and we still can't sign him.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

You're the ghost of a dead man.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭dor843088

This is not that they are bastards or **** move, they are just loving all this fun.

BrC6PtaCcAIrKgU.jpg

That natalia chick tho.

dor843088 wrote: »
    That natalia chick tho.

It makes me sad that she's sad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    The bigger problem is actually that if United were to give Herrera €36 million to pay his buy out clause (since to activate it the player pays it not the buying club), then he becomes liable for a massive amount of tax as he has in effect just became €36 million richer for a short period of time. He obviously doesn't want to pay this huge bill, and of course United don't want another €10-15 million on top of the €36 million to pay for him. IIRC Javi Martinez ended having to take pay cut to get his move as Bayern ended up paying Bilbao a few million extra over his release clause in order to avoid that route.

In that case the club can still say to the player that they were only ever willing to go to 28m amount to buy the player and say 90k for wages and point to the fact they will pay above that in order to cover his costs of tax.

This will all be sorted in due course. I'd imagine the rejected bid could actually be part of the setup as mentioned here previously. The club have to reject the initial bid I'm order to go down this route.

It is an odd way of doing transfers in that this obviously applies to all contracts that have buyout clauses? Leaves a lot of power in the players hands if the clause is relatively low. Any sites you can check what players buyout clauses are?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Out of curiousity, if he is unveiled in the next week as a United player how will that affect you?

Will you question everything you have come to believe in? Will it shake you to your very core?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,371 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Who is this @imarkinez guy though?

I think he is the guy who originally broke the story on Monday (?) night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

In that case the club can still say to the player that they were only ever willing to go to 28m amount to buy the player and say 90k for wages and point to the fact they will pay above that in order to cover his costs of tax.

This will all be sorted in due course. I'd imagine the rejected bid could actually be part of the setup as mentioned here previously. The club have to reject the initial bid I'm order to go down this route.

It is an odd way of doing transfers in that this obviously applies to all contracts that have buyout clauses? Leaves a lot of power in the players hands if the clause is relatively low. Any sites you can check what players buyout clauses are?

This is what happened Martinez, Bayern were forced to go above the buyout clause for him and so told him he'd have to take less wages than they had originally agreed in order to cover it.

I'd imagine it will be sorted as well, but Bilbao will get their extra money.

Not sure if there is a bona fide source for players release clauses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

BrC6PtaCcAIrKgU.jpg

When somebody laughed at him over the Moreno to Liverpool transfer being called off he replied with this::mad:

uH5rsaM.png

Sergi Domínguez @FutbolSergi · 11m
    Media here in Spain say Ander Herrera gave LFP all the documents last night. Athletic rejected the offer few days back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I guarantee this will go ahead. Athletic just posturing

So its conceiveable he'll be announced today then because he'd have already agreed terms before handing those over. It'd be daft to buyout your contract without a deal on place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,777 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Ballague saying its just politics on Herrera so they can save face and say they did all they could to keep him. He fully expects Herrera to join united. Herrera will most likely pay his own buyout with money from united.

I know many here don't trust ballague, but he's fairly definite on it on twitter.

Ballague saying its just politics on Herrera so they can save face and say they did all they could to keep him. He fully expects Herrera to join united. Herrera will most likely pay his own buyout with money from united.

I know many here don't trust ballague, but he's fairly definite on it on twitter.

Sh*t, the deal is definitely off. :mad:

• Advertisement

As I recall he was also definite on Mata not signing for United ;)

Wasn't he also certain that the Sneijder deal was done?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭dor843088

zerks wrote: »
    When somebody laughed at him over the Moreno to Liverpool transfer being called off he replied with this::mad:

uH5rsaM.png

Thinking about signing up to twitter for the sole purpose of trolling this guy.

• There simply waiting for the 32 million on the 1st of July. Greedy.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    There simply waiting for the 32 million on the 1st of July. Greedy.

They are not, they will not be seen to sell willingly is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kstand

Fernando off to Man City I see - wonder if this paves the way for Yayay Toure heading out the door there too?

As for Herrara - if Athletico are pressing for more money or trying to hold out until July 1st for the same reason I would gladly to tell them the offer stands and to go and f*** themselves if they think it will be any more. I don't see too many other clubs lining up to pay that money to sign this fella.

• kryogen wrote: »
    They are not, they will not be seen to sell willingly is all.
    So a re-bid before the 1st should be expected?

City get Fernando for 15 million. We are getting Herrera for 36 million, maybe more. Hope he's worth it.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

kstand wrote: »
    Fernando off to Man City I see - wonder if this paves the way for Yayay Toure heading out the door there too?

As for Herrara - if Athletico are pressing for more money or trying to hold out until July 1st for the same reason I would gladly to tell them the offer stands and to go and f*** themselves if they think it will be any more. I don't see too many other clubs lining up to pay that money to sign this fella.

The thing with Bilbao is that they do not want to sell at all, it is extremely difficult for them to replace players.

• Advertisement

Wasn't he also certain that the Sneijder deal was done?

Any update on the down payment for Falcao?

Pretty much every single journo saying it's a done deal and that Bilbao are just putting up a front to show that they aren't selling their best players without a fight.

No, the player has submitted the paperwork to the LFP by all accounts, he was at Carrington yesterday according to the team photographer, Bilbao didnt mention rejecting a bid today or yesterday, just that they rejected a bid. That is SOP.

The deal will either go through in the next few days or it is dead in the water imo and people saying he was heading to Manchester or handed in the paperwork to LFP were plain and simple lying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,371 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

No. Very likely there will be no further bid.

Current outcome is likely that the release clause is paid via Herrera to LFP, which makes Herrera a free agent, who United then sign (with a nice signing on bonus...).

It is looking likely that what I said earlier is indeed the case. the rejected bid is nothing to do with reports from yesterday re. release clause and the LFP, it is previous bid made directly to Bilbao.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

bilbao are a complicated club, only players from the basque region play for them and they never really "sell" players either, they are taken away from them

kstand wrote: »

Fernando is an odd signing for them imo, he is very defensive. Nothing like Yaya at all and if he were to go they would still need to bring in someone to replace him

• Advertisement

City get Fernando for 15 million. We are getting Herrera for 36 million, maybe more. Hope he's worth it.

I thought we weren't getting him

The thing with Bilbao is that they do not want to sell at all, it is extremely difficult for them to replace players.

Thats a myth, it is not extremely difficult for them to replace players, they have all of the other Basque clubs to feed from.

kryogen wrote: »
    I thought we weren't getting him

Who said that?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

kryogen wrote: »
    Fernando is an odd signing for them imo, he is very defensive. Nothing like Yaya at all and if he were to go they would still need to bring in someone to replace him

I've a feeling they're going to move toward a 4-2-3-1 formation next season especially in Europe. They struggled in Europe with just Yaya and Fernandinho (who then got injured) against sides who had more possession than them. Basically its an upgrade from playing Milner at CM in a 3.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement